piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

Rockies looks great.

Padres logo is a little bit one-sided but I think it could still work. If you added a padres script on the other end it would be great.

I like the astros logo. No complaints here.

I think they're all uniform-worthy.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Rockies is terrific

-I agree that the Pardes is too one-sided. I wonder if adding "Padres" to the other side would work. It's worht a shot. And this would probably be cheesy, but "Baseball Club" might also turn out.

-Houston is fine, no complaints here. Though the orbit line is a little thin; try to imagine it on a cap/patch - it would be really hard to see. Just make it a tad bit thicker and you're good to go.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You Can't Spell "SAN DIEGO" Without "Sand"

Well, this will officially be the most time-consuming concept I have ever made. I am semi-pleased with the results. he color scheme is quite an easy one. A team that went from one of the most unique color schemes to the most overused color scheme, gets a rebrand. I brought back the fan favorite color of brown. Instead of gold, I chose sand. Why? Because you can't spell San*smack*...Ok. For one it's easier on the eyes. Second, I just like the way it looks with white. A recolored swingin' friar is back, serving as a shoulder patch.

Now that we have an overview, the most tedious process of this concept was the scripts. Instead of the curly mess of a script they have today, along with the horrific bow-tie look on the road, I tried to simplify it. I went with a single font type which is based off of their current interlocking "SD". Every part of the scripts that you see are taken, in bits and pieces, from the interlocking "SD". The trial and error process of this took weeks. I didn't want to take the easy way out and go with just "SD" for the road because that's what I plan to do with San Francisco("SF" but you get the idea. I don't want to have similar road uniforms for two teams in the same division). I wanted to emphasize more sand. The road sands are back while the caps mimic their respective jerseys(sand for road and white for home).

Sorry, I forgot to add piping for the pants. Brown piping for all jerseys.

Enjoy, this was a ***** to render.

296or34.png

f2o610.png

102pddw.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Good news and bad news. Bad news is that there's a big problem. Good news is that the problem's easily fixable and the jerseys are good aside from that.

My big issue is that that's not really sand. Look at the Padres sand uni - it was much more subtle. This is a bit too overwhelming. I really like the idea of a 2-tone brown, and think it would make for a great concept, but if you were shooting for sand, this is the best way to go:

1mpikd95nutx8jidzhzjhz53c.gifpiratesfan16.png

Arizona Diamondbacks

Another concept of mine that has taken weeks. Again, a script is taken from a single-letter logo. I attempted to make "Arizona" from the Diamondbacks "A". I am quite pleased with the result. The color scheme is teal, black, and cream. I wanted to choose purple but I didn't want two teams in the same division(Rockies) to wear purple. The home colors are cream and teal(made noticable with socks and hat), while the road colors are black and gray(made noticable with socks and hat).

I am saving the sedona/sand/black color scheme for the Astros.

jfwapf.png

folys1.png

9gk086.png

Sorry about the order of the jerseys here at the bottom. The cream jersey is the home and the green jersey is the home alternate. The gray jersey is the road and the black jersey is the road alternate.

C&C greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Good news and bad news. Bad news is that there's a big problem. Good news is that the problem's easily fixable and the jerseys are good aside from that.

My big issue is that that's not really sand. Look at the Padres sand uni - it was much more subtle. This is a bit too overwhelming. I really like the idea of a 2-tone brown, and think it would make for a great concept, but if you were shooting for sand, this is the best way to go:

1mpikd95nutx8jidzhzjhz53c.gifpiratesfan16.png

Thank you for pointing that out. Update coming.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

San Francisco Giants

This is a team I've been waiting to do since the beginning of the series. I love their current set, but I think there could be some changes. Here are the changes:

1)I got rid of that basic, blocky "San Francisco" script that had nothing to do with the Giants identity. In it's place is the interlocking "SF". Not only does it fits better with the jersey and identity IMO, but it has a little history behind it. I also think that the current "SF" is the best in their history, so why not show it?

2)I got rid of the gold drop shadow. It was unnecessary, trendy, never fit with their history, blended with the orange, cluttered the uniforms,etc.

3)Added a cream outline to the cap. I also added a road primary option cap. If it too "fashion cap" like, just pretend it's not there :D. I actually like gray caps and think that they should be a option for some teams.

4)Four new logos. Yes, I stole the Golden State Warriors old logo. I just thought that it fit perfectly for my idea. The first logo is the famous Golden Gate Bridge inside of a circle with baseball stichings, with the Giants script over it, emphasizing the term "Giant". The second logo to the right is the same logo without the Giants script in a roundel. It serves as the shoulder patch for the road uniforms. The bottom left logo is the same logo with "SF" in it for simplicity and uniformity. It serves as the home shoulder patch. The last logo is just a different colored logo. Strictly an alternate.

np5pbt.png

95n8et.png

29biat.png

Sorry about the splotch of white in the orange Giants uniform. I should really pay closer attention.

C&C greatly appreciated.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Arizona Diamondbacks

Another concept of mine that has taken weeks. Again, a script is taken from a single-letter logo. I attempted to make "Arizona" from the Diamondbacks "A". I am quite pleased with the result. The color scheme is teal, black, and cream. I wanted to choose purple but I didn't want two teams in the same division(Rockies) to wear purple. The home colors are cream and teal(made noticable with socks and hat), while the road colors are black and gray(made noticable with socks and hat).

jfwapf.png

folys1.png

9gk086.png

Sorry about the order of the jerseys here at the bottom. The cream jersey is the home and the green jersey is the home alternate. The gray jersey is the road and the black jersey is the road alternate.

I think that last "a" in the Arizona script needs some work. The way the tail comes off looks unnatural. I'm just not feeling it. However, the rest of that script it awesome! I really like this idea you have here.

Also, the Giants should have one combination with the orange-billed hat - it looks the best of them all.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

jfwapf.png

I think that last "a" in the Arizona script needs some work. The way the tail comes off looks unnatural. I'm just not feeling it. However, the rest of that script it awesome! I really like this idea you have here.

Also, the Giants should have one combination with the orange-billed hat - it looks the best of them all.

Thank you. Now that you mention it, it kind of looks like a "q". Update coming along with Reds later today.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Jazzed Up Cincy Reds

I like the Reds current look. There's just one thing that bothers me. It not the black, it's more of the way it's used. I despise the black drop shadow, but I like the use of black as a trim color for the Reds. It makes the jerseys look sharp IMO. I originally intended to go with red pinstripes for the home, but I didn't like how it looked with black. Red is more of a home color and black is mostly a road color. The jerseys are vests with piping down the chests. A simple red/black for home and a red/white/black for the road. The alternate jersey is a red vest with black undershirt.

I realize that this is a very colorful concept for a traditional team. If you want me to change anything, go ahead and say it. Like I said, I don't make concepts for minor changes.

3dfs1.png

15ovu42.png

C&C greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Here's a toned down version of same concept:

iqbvbb.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Arizona Diamondbacks

jfwapf.png

folys1.png

9gk086.png

25ivqyq.png

I agree, the orange bill is definitely the best of the bunch.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Those Giants primaries are practice jerseys. Both need piping specifically the away because it would bring some much needed contrast. Very nice alts.

Agree that you need to fix ArizonQ's font.

The "toned down" Cincy jerseys are much, much better.

Those Giants primaries are practice jerseys. Both need piping specifically the away because it would bring some much needed contrast. Very nice alts.

Agree that you need to fix ArizonQ's font.

The "toned down" Cincy jerseys are much, much better.

Still don't know how to fix Arizona yet, but in the meantime, here's the Stros.

Houston Astros

I scratched sand at the last minute and replaced it with cream. I felt the jerseys were dull with sand, so I felt cream would give them the pop they needed. As much as I hate the Astros look in real life, they were the first to use the sedona and black color scheme. Arizona came after. I always felt Arizona had the perfect look when they won the WS in 2001. So, in that respect, I did something a little different here. I originally intended to rip up the whole set and start over. Instead, I tried to upgrade their current set. Here's what I changed.

1) New Logo - I like the concept of the shooting star logo, but it looks horrible on a hat. The color scheme is teh primary reason. Sedona on black is a little too dark. Sand also doesn't help, so I made the logo cream with red & black accents. The caps are sedona with the same color scheme implemented on the cap logo. The logo is a star with a baseball orbiting around it. Nothing too special.

2) Slight script changes - I've always had a soft spot for the current scripts. They're not bad. It's just the scribbly thing under it(can't think of the term right now) that makes it look messy. I got rid of that. The scripts are red with cream/black accents.

3) More consistent use of colors - No more hat changes, black pinstripes, or clutter. One primary color for the whole set; sedona. The home uniform has sedona pinstripes. The road uniform has a single sedona sleve piping. Alternate jersey has no piping(I'll probably change that to cream piping on the sleeves for the road). No black jersey. I hated how it looked. Think of the sedona uniform as "all-purpose"

2jz66w.png

rc79y8.png

ipp4p5.png

This will be my last concept for a while. I need to prepare for the Multi-sport contest that AnythingChicago and capitalcanuck are holding.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

1. The scribbly thing is called an underline. LOL.

2. The primaries are perfect.

3. That hat is amazing. Would be top-5 or so in MLB is implemented.

4. The pinstriped pants just don't go good with the sedona alt. You'd either have to go full-cream pants or a pinstriped alt. Also, the shirt/cuffs on the arms would be much better off cream. I know it's very subtle, but it would make a huge difference.

5. This change would barely make a difference, but the orbiting baseball in the logo would be better off white.

1. The scribbly thing is called an underline. LOL.

2. The primaries are perfect.

3. That hat is amazing. Would be top-5 or so in MLB is implemented.

4. The pinstriped pants just don't go good with the sedona alt. You'd either have to go full-cream pants or a pinstriped alt. Also, the shirt/cuffs on the arms would be much better off cream. I know it's very subtle, but it would make a huge difference.

5. This change would barely make a difference, but the orbiting baseball in the logo would be better off white.

Thank you, I have some new jersey ideas for the updates.

Wow that astros set is really nice. I just think you should get rid of the pinstripe pants on the home uni. They match too much I also like the color scheme for the Diamondbacks.

Thanks, same here, I'll work on the jerseys.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Washingtion Nationals

I'm dropping out of the Multi-sport contest. I just can't make basketball or football jerseys. Too much intricate details involved :D. Without further ado, here's the Nats.

For the logos, I brought back the interlocking "DC", one of my favorite cap logos in MLB history. I did want gold, but I decided that people didn't want to see that, and having three primary colors is a no-no for me. So I kept it a traditional red, white, and blue. The first logo is the Capitol Building in a roundel. The second logo is a red, white, and blue Capitol Building. The third logo is the same roundel as the first logo instead with flag stripes inside. They say you can't have any form of the American flag on any uniform...pfft. There's so many offenders in the league that it doesn't exist to me. I choose this logo as the sleeve patch.

The scripts took a while to render in paint, but I am very happy with the result. I thought that the "Nationals" script that they released in 2010 was a perfect compliment to the road script. I choose that as the home script. The road script is pretty much the same as the current one except I swapped the white & blue in it, in order to emphasize RWB, not RBW.

The uniforms all have double piping for the sleeves and neck except for the road, which has RWB piping. The home hat is a red cap with a blue interlocking "DC" outlined in white. The road hat is a blue cap with a red bill, and a red interlocking "DC" outlined in white. Blue belts for all pants. Red socks and cleats for home, and blue socks and cleats for the road.

9qfy3l.png

2whijjc.png

14xh501.png

22hxy0.png

C&C please. Cardinals and Braves up next to finish the series! Thanks.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived