piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

not a big fan of the double piping on the Mariners jerseys but other than that I like this concept.

Thanks. It's actually triple-piping(teal,navy,silver)lol. Do you think I should just go with a single navy piping?

The updates were a big improvement. I like the Oriole sitting on the ball. I live in Memphis and I don't like how the Memphis Redbirds bird is just sitting there on nothing as opposed to the Cardinals birds on the bat. The ball solves that issue nicely. As said earlier, I did not like the W for the White Sox but I really liked the White Sox script.

If I owned the White Sox, I would want them to have an alternate that wasn't all black for hot summer days. I think your White Sox jersey with the script could be a nice alternate that would keep the players a little cooler.

Thanks. I'm working on a curly 'C' as a primary cap logo.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will officially close the book on the Chi-Sox updates. Feel free to comment on it, but I am going to work on other updates and concepts now. This and the 'White Sox' script are the only two scripts or letters that I have made from scratch. I am not good at fonts so this might be a disaster. I included two because I didn't know which one I liked better. The tail at the bottom of the 'C' bothers me. I don't know if it should be short on long. EDIT: Ok I just realized how rushed this is. I'm sorry about that.

aacdqd.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I know the concepts will soon be pouring in after it was announced that there would be a significant overhaul. I have always been a fan of the 92-94 World Series look. I decided an updated version of this look would be the best route. I kept the two-tone blue. I kept the split-letter font. No red. No black. No gray(well except for the roads :D). No navy. Just royal blue, powder blue and white. The cap logo is simply a recolored 1996-2002 Blue Jays head logo. The font might look familiar, not because of the split letter font, but because it is a font on Microsoft Paint. I was going through each one and I thought that AR DESTINE would help give the classic font a modern feel. I did the split lettering with that font. The uniforms are self-explanitory. I might begin working on an alternate logo for a sleeve patch. At the bottom, I included a concept I made in MS Paint about 3 years ago. I only included it as a starting point and for some laughs. It has nothing to do with the actual concept. I know it's bad, so bad. It almost looks like a baby eagle, haha. Anyways, Tampa Bay is next.

11j5g1j.png

293ed6h.png

14mew5h.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

not a big fan of the double piping on the Mariners jerseys but other than that I like this concept.

Thanks. It's actually triple-piping(teal,navy,silver)lol. Do you think I should just go with a single navy piping?

I would say navy piping on home and road and white piping on the alternates.

Also, on the Blue Jays concept, I like the scripts and cap logo. My only suggestion would be change the shades of blue. Maybe it's just my monitor but they look a bit odd. I would go with the royal and powder blue shades that they used on their classic uniforms.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I would say navy piping on home and road and white piping on the alternates.

Also, on the Blue Jays concept, I like the scripts and cap logo. My only suggestion would be change the shades of blue. Maybe it's just my monitor but they look a bit odd. I would go with the royal and powder blue shades that they used on their classic uniforms.

Oh wow. How'd I screw that one up? Well thank you anyway. The powder blue is really off-shaded here especially. I'll fix that up. Anyways, an update should come soon tonight.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Logos only for now. I'm very stuck on the colors scheme. At first, I liked the idea of a navy, powder blue, and gold color scheme. It looked very Floridian. I started to doubt the gold. I tried to replace it with white and it didn't work. I completely rethought the colors and tried to use black with navy and powder blue. That also didn't work. I could go on for days. I am still doubting myself, but here's what I came up with. I really think the 2001-2007 look was the best in Rays history. Green is such an underused color in baseball. Not just in baseball but sports really. Look at the Celtics and the Jets. Anyways, I like the idea of a two dark, two light color scheme. The dark being navy and green, and the two light being powder blue and white. Gold was again a last minute scratch. I decided it was too many colors to be able to cohesively fit on a uniform and make a complete set out of. I am also doubting myself with the logo as well because this would be the second AL East team in my series that has a diamond as a primary logo. The shoulder patch will be a green devil ray. The cap will be a recolored 'TB' font. I am working on the Rays uniforms today. I'm about 90% sure that I will go with a sleeveless identity. It will add more color to their boring set and help me in regard to getting all three colors on the uniform. The bottom logo is where my inspiration came from. It's from three years ago. I included it for laughs. Thanks.

1z5lll2.png

in8wgh.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Here are some of the scripts I'm working on. If you guys could, as it would really help, tell me which script choice I should go with? It can be either a green script with powder blue and navy outline, or a navy script with powder blue and green outline. Should the main color be green, navy, or neither? I'm probably going to end of making a set for both. Anyways thank you for your feedback in advance. In case you're wondering how I outlined the scripts, I took them from the mothership, used vector magic to make it one solid color, and outlined everything twice. For slanting, I used skewing in MS Paint. Just take the first two letters and skew vertically by "-10". Take the next one or two and skew horizontally "-7/-6". Keep working your way to the right and eventually you'll come with a clean slant (well sort of :D). Again, it would really help though if you guys could choose a primary color. I'm leaning toward green because of how there isn't enough green in MLB, but I will go with whatever you guys want. Thanks.

513vqt.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Here it is. I might make a green version. My main goal here was to liven up the Rays identity. Their current brand has a lot of potential, but it is very unappealing to look at. Instead of just going with triple piping, I decided to use the scripts and patches as a means of making the uniform more lively. I made sure that with each script and logo, the navy and green did not touch eachother. The powder blue and white are used as dividers because navy and green can mix very easily. I did not want to add piping to the sleeves because the patch is large enough and contains all of the colors needed for a sleeve. I also felt that Tampa did not need a road alternate, but the navy blue could serve as an all-purpose alternate. The powder blue is strictly for home. I was starting to double guess my decision to keep green as it does not appear very prevelant in anything except the logo. But that is exactly why I kept green. The logo cannot stand without a third priamry color. I don't like blue on blue, red on red, or anything like that. Texas Rangers are up next to close out the AL.

bi2ws9.png

2lcl108.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The set is done well, but I think that the font on the blue jersey should be solid white with no outline, it looks like a little much (though the outline works with the other jerseys).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like this. goob job. I agree that they should wear green. But mabye try on the blue devil ray to change the light blue to green. but im not sure if that will look better on not.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Alright everyone, thanks for the support and advice throughout this series. A big thanks to my followers especially BigBubba and Fox. You guys have inspired me to continue this. I've been a follower on this site for many years, but I've only decided to join earlier this year. There's been some tough times, but this is my internet home. I'm happy to be contributing to this website. This is what I like to do when I'm bored and feel like I need to let my imagination run free. Without further ado, here are the Texas Rangers. I tried something completely different with the color scheme. In the back of my mind, I like originality in color schemes. I think that the Texas Rangers are a team that have the potential, with their location and name, to come up with something to build around and market with. I think vests are the way to go. I also think that there are so many red and blue teams and that it is just a wasted oppurtunity to have a Texas team with such a ordinary color scheme. I actually understand the idea of using the Texas flag's colors as an inspiration, however, why have a black drop shadow? It clutters it way too much. I also see that the Rangers have a problem with color balance as it is hard to tell if they are blue or red. Their primary logo is unispired and it needs something to associate with. So I started over with a brand new color scheme rather than just eliminate the black drop shadow as I originally intented. I tried my best to draw a horse. Honestly, it doesn't look good, but I hope you can get the idea of my concept. I had an old concept that looked better, but I saved it in JPEG :/. Excuses aside, I myself have a problem with color scheme. In the back of my mind, The San Antonio Spurs came to mind and so went with black and silver as a primary color scheme with brown accents. You guys can vote to see if you want a different color scheme. I only have home and road uniforms for now. Like I said, I need to know if you want more brown and less black before I continue.

t0p6r5.png

Thank you. Also, I'm going to clean up everything I've made so far and release all of the caps, all of the uniforms, and all of the logos cleaned up. I will also update some teams like the Tigers and Angels. That will close out the AL.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Your going in the right direction with your Rangers logo but the horse doesn't look fierce enough. The new colors are an improvement in my opinion.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

The new horse looks better. Have you tried just using the horse head?

Thanks for the compliment. No, haha, I actually think the head is the worst part of the horse. It looks like an anteater to me. I don't really think a disembodied head would look better than a full body horse. Maybe if the head was inside the circle logo so that it was busy enough. Just the head itself I don't think would work though. Thanks for the suggestion though.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived