piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

The H in your "CHI" looks too much like an X. Even if it didn't, I don't think your hidden letters work here, they just look too forced. I actually wouldn't go with a paw. I'm no expert on bears, but this just doesn't really look like a bear claw to me. I think your best bet here would be to just go with the cub head.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The H in your "CHI" looks too much like an X. Even if it didn't, I don't think your hidden letters work here, they just look too forced. I actually wouldn't go with a paw. I'm no expert on bears, but this just doesn't really look like a bear claw to me. I think your best bet here would be to just go with the cub head.

Thanks. Here's my Cubs concept:

I standardized the current Cubs logo which I think is classic. It's as classing as the Dodgers. I outlined the Cubs logo itself in Red and outlined "Cubs" in blue. I wanted to give it more depth, but at the same time keep it classic and recognizable. The alternate logo is a combination of my two favorite elements of "cub face" logos. The 1994-1996 logo is my favorite logo for the Cubs. but the face is awful IMO. The 1979-1993 logo has the best facial features. I combined them and woo-lah! Great originality eh? :rolleyes:

The home script is the same deal we have today. I got rid of that god awful slanted road script in favor of the 1958-1968 road script.

There are no patches on the jerseys except for the once-a-year jersey. That patch is the alternate logo. There are red bills on the home caps and a blue bill on the road cap. Home jersey is the same. Road jersey is mostly blue-white. Home alternates are a vest option and a simple, full-color blue jersey.

35a9i7l.png

13zux6h.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Try not to make the dominant colour black. Add some orange/blue to the cap, and add a coloured alternate. Also, having two Marlins on the font looks too crowded.

I hear you but how am I going to evenly distribute and utilize all of these colors? I think that making all of the color accents work best with the black. It would get a little crazy otherwise I would imagine. Thanks for the comment though.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Try not to make the dominant colour black. Add some orange/blue to the cap, and add a coloured alternate. Also, having two Marlins on the font looks too crowded.

I hear you but how am I going to evenly distribute and utilize all of these colors? I think that making all of the color accents work best with the black. It would get a little crazy otherwise I would imagine. Thanks for the comment though.

At least use one for piping and/or in the hat (not fully, of course). Then there's the alternate jersey option.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see this until now.. honestly not a fan of the Marlins concept. But it's not your fault. The new logos are simply ugly and will never look good on a baseball uniform. I feel like this Marlins concept was more so what you think they will look like as opposed to what would look good for the Marlins.

However the rest of your work has been great and I really hope you keep this series going!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back! Another case of artist's(artist...yeah right pffttt.) block, but I finally willed myself up to making a brand new template. Thanks to missouritigers for the hat template. It looks absolutely awesome.

The Milwaukee Brewers are a team that looks great, but there are a few tweaks that I think they should have. The primary logo is bad. I don't know what I was thinking. It's an old concept that I made, but I revised it. What it's supposed to be is a a baseball hitting of barrel of beer and having the beer flow out of the hole. Except it's not a barrel, it's Wisconsin. Go figure. It serves as the shoulder patch for all of the jerseys. The secondary logo is an updated version of their current cap logo. More gold and white. The scripts took a long time for me to render in Paint. I also had to add another outline on the Milwaukee script in order to keep them consistent, so that took a while. What I wanted to do was add more dimension to the scripts. This is in direct contrast to my original idea of making them all one-dimensional. I didn't want to rip off Fox's idea, so I did the opposite and added more depth. The jerseys are a little strange and out of the box. The first thing you probably notice is the wheat/barley piping. I thought that it looked okay, so I added it to be a little unique. The scripts have more gold(The only team that I can stand using the dullest shade of gold in the world, is the Brewers). The #1 home alternate is the same script with navy pinstripes. The two navy alternates have more gold in the lettering than they do in real life. The piping is the same down the pants. I might be regretting this now because it looks like snakeskin. I'll leave that for you to judge. Gold numbers/blue outline on the front for all jerseys.

vx2rn4.png

8y5gfb.png

xpa7om.png

C&C is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The wheat stripes are a brilliant idea. Though that logo looks like a snowcone where the cone is melting. I'd just put a barrel there or a baseball on a barrel (keeping Wisconsin, of course). Or your other idea, where the baseball i shooting out of the barrel.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived