piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland Indians

My proudest concept yet!

The Indians are a team that never seemed to find an identity for themselves. There were constant changes from the 90's to present, with the addition/removal of silver, the back and forth struggle between red and blue for dominant color, and even a change of scripts. The hats have changed over time and now the whole thing is a little bit of a mess IMO. Times change...time to start over.

Let's start with the color scheme. I think that the Indians have a chance to disassociate themselves from the Braves RWB color scheme. I chose navy and copper. As I was making the concept I starting thinking, "Wow, they look like pennies....Indian head pennies!" so that gave me the idea to base the concept around the Indian head penny. The Indians were established in 1894, during the Indian Head Cent era. I also think that the indian on the penny could make a perfect sports logo, because of the side view. There's little splotch under his eye which could represent eye black or war paint, which ever you prefer. The other logo is an update of my previous teepee logo.

The scripts are a standardized version of the current scripts, copper being the primary base color for the scripts. A simple navy-copper-navy style piping for the sleeves of the jerseys. I chose cream to accent the colors. The hat is the standard block 'C'.

C&C please. Update coming. I just wanted to get this up right now.

r1bvoi.png

20igyuu.png

243gcj9.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Detroit Tigers

I love the Tigers current uniforms except for one thing: The dominance of blue on the home uniforms and the sudden addition of orange on the road uniforms. There needs to be better color balance IMO. I tried to fix that by going with a blue and orange, standarized scripts for each jersey.

I'm gonna get a lot of hate on a couple of these uniforms but I don't care...:D

11vobuo.png14xceqb.png10gfxjk.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I don't think a tiger-striped pattern on a a jersey would ever work, BUT- an interesting idea that just came to me would be to add tiger-striped-esq piping to the sleeves and pants. Would probably look odd on a set as classic as the Tigers, but hey, this is the concepts forum, why not be creative?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

kicking-and-screaming-1.jpg

Wow, they look like pajamas...

I don't think a tiger-striped pattern on a a jersey would ever work, BUT- an interesting idea that just came to me would be to add tiger-striped-esq piping to the sleeves and pants. Would probably look odd on a set as classic as the Tigers, but hey, this is the concepts forum, why not be creative?

NewBengalsGamePants.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I posted Will Ferrell both as a joke and a reference. The first 4 jerseys are great. The team definitely needs more orange, and for their jerseys to be more balanced. Instead of what you have, try making the jersey's stripes similar to what Will is wearing; i.e. cutting across the side and not like on my grandma's quilts. That might actually look good. Oh, and ditch that tiger-patterned "D". Too messy.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I posted Will Ferrell both as a joke and a reference. The first 4 jerseys are great. The team definitely needs more orange, and for their jerseys to be more balanced. Instead of what you have, try making the jersey's stripes similar to what Will is wearing; i.e. cutting across the side and not like on my grandma's quilts. That might actually look good. Oh, and ditch that tiger-patterned "D". Too messy.

Will do...

Kansas City Royals

School has been a little lenient, so that's given me time to work on some concept. My baseball team's colors are royal blue, athletic gold, and white. If I were able to redesign the baseball team I play for, but with Royals scripts and such, this would be the result.

It shocks be that there are no royal blue/yellow teams in baseball. It's a color scheme that can really look beautiful IMO. The Royals are no exception. I wanted royal blue/gold for the road with no white what-so-ever. White can have a tendency to clutter things up when it's no necessary. I made sure that white was prevalent on the home unis though(no duh, really? white on home unis? Who'd a thunk it?). The logos are basically a diamond a crown hovering over 'KC'. I'm working on a logo for them that is very intricate. Here's a hint....(ROYAL FLUSH) and no, it doesn't have anything to do with a toilet :P.

2lsw8pe.png35c4ebn.png11vtsb5.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The "KC" in a diamond looks good on the sleeves but doesn't look good on a ball cap. Just the KC is the best way to go for this. Kind of has an LA Kings feel to it. Love the home. Good work.

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Almeda Area Also At Antler Avenue Around An Amazing Apple

I'm tired of RWB teams that don't need to be such. I wanted to give the Angels a unique look with local ties. So here I present to you, the 49ers of baseball.

I'm shocked that there are know exclusively red/gold teams in baseball. It's such a great look, especially for a southwest team. In order to make it work, the gold shade I used is the exact one used by the 2011 Angels. Athletic gold and red would mix together too much. I didn't want to use navy as a border. I wanted an exclusive red/gold/white look.

I chose the 90's font. It really looks great with the serifs IMO. Their current script is inferior. The beveled font with an unnecessary drop shadow is ruining what could be a great look. The primary logo is basically a recolor of the 90's logo but with an interlocking "LA" instead of a "CA". Same thing with the alternate. Cap logo is the interlocking "LA" with a red crown and a gold bill/button. Single red piping for the primaries.

21k9g7k.png

2przitz.jpg

Not my best concept. I need to take a break from this and let my imagination rest. ^_^

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

While I like the idea of red and gold for the Angels, I think gold would have to stay as more of an accent color. I'm not sure if they could pull off a gold alternate jersey.

Ahem.

241562_Phillies_Brewers_Baseball_large.jpg

While I like the idea of red and gold for the Angels, I think gold would have to stay as more of an accent color. I'm not sure if they could pull off a gold alternate jersey.

Ahem.

241562_Phillies_Brewers_Baseball_large.jpg

Ahh, sorry. I meant specifically the Angels when I said that.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Thanks for the comments guys! Here's that alternate Royals logo I've been working on. It's the King of Diamond playing card. The inspiration came from three things:

1) Royal Flush

2) A king on the playing card. Royals=King

3) The diamonds fit right in with my previous logos.

This one obviously took a while to make but I'm happy with the result. What do you guys think?

208bdw2.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

the royals concept looks AMAZING, two things i would change though, I would not make the KC in the diamond the primary, its more a sleeve patch liek previolusly stated, the primary shoudl be the KC witht he crown above it, and also try addings a white outline to the royal blue alt, its looks alittle flat with just yellow on the blue. oher than that, i really wish the royal would go this route, the yellow adds so much depth to the whole identity.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

the royals concept looks AMAZING, two things i would change though, I would not make the KC in the diamond the primary, its more a sleeve patch liek previolusly stated, the primary shoudl be the KC witht he crown above it, and also try addings a white outline to the royal blue alt, its looks alittle flat with just yellow on the blue. oher than that, i really wish the royal would go this route, the yellow adds so much depth to the whole identity.

Thanks a bunch.

Minnesota Twins

Not much difference in terms of logos for the twins, but the scripts and uniforms are a complete overhaul from my last try.

I know Fox, that you said I should get rid of the "twin heads" logo, but I have to disagree with you. I really think that it could work as a primary if it just got a little help. If anyone can help on that, it would be greatly appreciated. Anyways, the uniforms are a more retro route. Piping, scripts, and even the hats are totally 70's. Added a script tail to the "Minnesota" script to standardize it. Whatcha think guys?

16kwcwz.png

23iglti.png

mbpvv7.png

I would also appreciate some help on how to add gold to the king of diamonds logo for the Royals. Any tips there? I don't like how one-dimenstion is looks now(blue on white).

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived