• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe swap the Minnesota from Red to navy, outline it in Red

Oh no, I just ran into a huge problem... :(

12550xs.png

Great idea. Thank you.

New York Yankees

Another proud concept of mine. In this one, I used the ideas I had in my original concept and not only put a fresh coat of paint on them, I refurbished them with the finest materials <_< . The colors are midnight navy, silver, and white. The first logo is the Statue of Liberty's torch. One of the alternate logos is the famous interlocking "NY". The final logo is based on the 2009 patch. I used the current font(had to use Indians font for the S and N in Yankees :D).

For the scripts, I really wanted to standardize the Yankees "NY". I also wanted to make use of the greatest scripts in baseball IMO. I thickened them to make them jersey-legible. The first jersey is the famous pinstriped home jersey with a standardized "NY". The road jersey is nothing sacred. I added the "New York" script with a double-white, single-blue piping for the sleeves and neckline. The home alternate is inspired by Fox's concept(check out his series). It's a pinstriped cream jersey with a "Yankees" script on it. The blue alternate has white lettering with silver outlining. One cap for all. You all know which one it is.

118j98z.png

ipmuk4.png

34gsd3b.png

69njad.png

^^^^^^Excuse the crooked and blurry lettering. I don't know how that happened.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

For right now at least, scratch the new template. I need to revise it. Sorry.

Not much to improve upon with the Athletics set which is IMO the best set in MLB. I wanted to try vests out because of the history in them. It also helps balance out the color in the uniforms. In other words, I think that there's too much gold when the piping is gold-green-gold. The green undershirt makes the primary color green. Also, I wanted to keep the piping consistent on all jerseys. If the vests are not good, I'll switch them with the regular ones.

The first logo is a baseball diamond. I've always felt that the color scheme of the Athletics is a good fit for a baseball diamond(green for grass, yellow for sand, and white for foul lines). The second logo is the classic elephant logo with a yellow outline. It's a classic so I wanted to keep it.

Also, my original logo had pockmarks all across the sand in the diamond logo to mimic running alot(...because athletic people...run?). I scratched it at the end because I thought it looked slightly unprofessional(like you have to worry about being professional...pfft). I'm really starting to hate texty there. Why are you always downgrading my work? Ha, guess I showed him!

28ssv39.png14kcnxl.pngmu6hz.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Vests are the kind of thing that work on one, maybe two jerseys, but not three. I'd make all the jerseys with sleeves, but turn one of those vests into a third alt.

D'oh! I forgot to give C&C on the logo. That baseball diamond is great; it definitely looks better than it would with the markings on it. Put it as a shoulder patch on the jerseys.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

My favorite part of this concept is the baseball diamond logo. I will say, Piratesfan, you make some of the most creative logos for teams! Nice work.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Vests are the kind of thing that work on one, maybe two jerseys, but not three. I'd make all the jerseys with sleeves, but turn one of those vests into a third alt.

D'oh! I forgot to give C&C on the logo. That baseball diamond is great; it definitely looks better than it would with the markings on it. Put it as a shoulder patch on the jerseys.

Thanks, I'll just use one of them as an alternate and go with full-sleeved jerseys as primaries.

Seattle Mariners

The logos are updated since last time. The first logo is the alternate. It's two hand-telescopes crossing like baseball bats with the "Mariners" script crossing over it. Primary logo is a boat...with the navigational symbol on the flag. The scripts are a major change. First, I wanted to get rid of the navigational symbol over the scripts. I feel that they are unnecessary and clutter up the jersey. Also, having three navigational symbols on a uniform(patch, hat, and script) would make the logo very overused. The main color in this whole set is northwest green. Silver and navy are only secondary.

3535a4m.pngscxiqg.png21eym0w.png

C&C please. Thanks!

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Veerrry nice alts

Good idea cleaning up the scripts by ditching the compass on the "S"

Nice telescope logo

The boat. Half of me likes it and the detail put into it, but the other half thinks a simpler version much like what the Toronto Argonauts used to wear would be better (sans le football of course).

I'm gonna be honest with you, this is your first concept that you have made that I have honestly not liked. However, there are some strong points. I love the two logos that you made, they're very creative. I just simply don't like the current scripts that the Mariners have. I feel that the outline is too thin for the size of the letters. Also, I think the that compass logo does not work on a cap, and I'm not a fan of the teal-crowned cap.

They're really nothing wrong with the concept, it's just more that I don't like the current mariners graphics package, no matter how they're used. BUT- I really like the two logos that you made. Nice job on those, and I can't wait to see more.

Also, on the A's baseball diamond logo above, I would make the A's logo white, because the white on green with yellow around would kind of be like the A's classic home cap, if you know what I mean.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm gonna be honest with you, this is your first concept that you have made that I have honestly not liked. However, there are some strong points. I love the two logos that you made, they're very creative. I just simply don't like the current scripts that the Mariners have. I feel that the outline is too thin for the size of the letters. Also, I think the that compass logo does not work on a cap, and I'm not a fan of the teal-crowned cap.

They're really nothing wrong with the concept, it's just more that I don't like the current mariners graphics package, no matter how they're used. BUT- I really like the two logos that you made. Nice job on those, and I can't wait to see more.

Also, on the A's baseball diamond logo above, I would make the A's logo white, because the white on green with yellow around would kind of be like the A's classic home cap, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the honest C&C. There's a problem though because I strongly dislike all of the other scripts in their history. The only script that has any type of relevancy to the logos are the current ones. What if I just widen the outlines? Would that be good? Great idea on the A's logo though. I never thought of it that way.

Veerrry nice alts

Good idea cleaning up the scripts by ditching the compass on the "S"

Nice telescope logo

The boat. Half of me likes it and the detail put into it, but the other half thinks a simpler version much like what the Toronto Argonauts used to wear would be better (sans le football of course).

Thank you.

Thanks for the comment too RedSox44.

Texas Rangers

Let me start off by saying that I have an alternate logo in the works. It's my biggest project so far in this series. It's going to be a cowboy, with a resemblance to Nolan Ryan, on the horse, tipping his baseball cap. Since I can't draw humans at all in MS Paint, it's proving to be quite a challenge. Anyhow, here's yall's Tejas Rangas!

The colors are chocolate brown, silver, and black. Again, the Nolan Ryan logo is in the works. The logos I have now are the horse, and the horse in a roundel. The scripts proved to be quite a challange in getting some type of uniformity throughout the set. I am happy with the results though. Basically, there's a trend throughout the set where black and brown does not touch. The two alternates have silver being the outer outlines. The two primaries have black being the outer outline. The primary uniforms are vests, while the alternates are regular jerseys. The roundel serves as the patch for all of the jerseys(just noticed it's a little big. Sorry about that). The cap logo is just a recolored "T". Brown piping all jerseys except the brown jersey.

vfv4e8.png2ylshoi.png16a4c9d.png

C&C thanks.

Oh yeah! 500 POSTS ON THIS GREAT SITE! WHOO HOO! ^_^

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Kidd of seems fitting that the Rangers wear vests:

cowboy.jpg

Wow, that makes it even better :).

Tampa Bay Rays

This series is starting to turn into the anti-american baseball series. I am always trying to find ways to cut down on the overuse of RWB. The Tampa Bay Rays are a team that has adorned every color of the rainbow in their short history(except red). My personal favorite look was the 2005-2007 one, but without the vests. I started thinking of a color scheme, and I think I finally have one that fits perfectly. I chose green, white, and black. Similar to my Rangers concept, I made sure that black and green did not touch and that white separated them. The result is a colorful, but classy, Rays concept.

The logo is very similar to my first logo with some minor tweaks. I kept the ray alone as a secondary logo. The scripts are starting to look repetitive, I know. The Blue Jays concept will not have two outlines for the primaries. There's a lot of piping down the middle with the primary logo serving as the patch on the sleeve. If it's too big, I'll replace it with just the manta ray. The primary cap has a green crown and a black bill/button. The secondary cap for the black alternate has a black crown with a green bill/button.

efsd4g.png15n4q37.pngzu408g.png

C&C Thanks. Blue Jays are up next.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I really like the idea of a green and black colour scheme. Those alts are sharp, and it's nice to have the "Tampa Bay" script return. However, that primary logo is way too off-balance with the ray coming out to the left like that.

I really appreciate all of you that give comments. It really motivates me to continue making these.

Toronto Blue Jays

I'm really excited for the upcoming unveiling and while the new bird logo is good, there are so many things wrong with it IMO. For one, it's really unbalanced with the detail. Also, the cheek area really bothers me. It looks like it has the biggest dimples in the world. Basically, if I were to design a logo for the Blue Jays, this would be the result:

11lsqw4.png

It's not perfect by any means(like the top of the head) but I wanted to try and combine elements of all the previous logos in their history.

I am not happy with the uniforms. I'm not sure what Blue Jays fan like in terms of font and colors. I personally think that the black and blue color scheme in underrated. The Mets just make it look bad. Blue Jays do have black in them anyway. I also think that the 1997-2003 wordmark is a good update to the classic set. The result is this:

vwubll.pngrk4f1d.png

I am going to stop making concepts for a while and focus on all of the C&C I've gotten on all of the AL Concepts. I will release updates all in the one post(the uniforms, the logos, the scripts) for everyone to vote on. I don't mean a poll, but I will let you post comments telling me which uniform set is your favorite or which one is your least favorite. Also, C&C on this concept, especially Blue Jays fans, is really appreciated. Thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived