piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The road jersey is great, and "St. Louis" is good as well. But ditch the blue jersey. If i had to get rid of one RWB team, it'd be the Cards (or Boston or Philly). Cardinals are blue, not navy. So use blue as your primary colour. If anything, use black as an accent (for the real team not the concept), not navy for crying out loud.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That Nats set is amazing. Terrific work! Jerseys, patched, colours, caps - all tremendous. Though I'm not a fan of that American-flag special event/alt. It looks familiar...

EDIT: Sorry, I thought the Nats one came after the STL one, which is why I put it in 2 posts.

Jazzed Up Cincy Reds

I like the Reds current look. There's just one thing that bothers me. It not the black, it's more of the way it's used. I despise the black drop shadow, but I like the use of black as a trim color for the Reds. It makes the jerseys look sharp IMO. I originally intended to go with red pinstripes for the home, but I didn't like how it looked with black. Red is more of a home color and black is mostly a road color. The jerseys are vests with piping down the chests. A simple red/black for home and a red/white/black for the road. The alternate jersey is a red vest with black undershirt.

I realize that this is a very colorful concept for a traditional team. If you want me to change anything, go ahead and say it. Like I said, I don't make concepts for minor changes.

3dfs1.png

15ovu42.png

C&C greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Here's a toned down version of same concept:

iqbvbb.png

I like the return of the sleeveless vests. If any team can pull off that look, it's my Reds. I also like the block numeral in place of the current style.

One minor thing, and it's more of a pet peeve than anything is the unbalanced, offset numbers on the front of the jersey. It just doesn't look symmetrical, causing me to want to look at the jersey with my head cocked to the side. But I'm weird like that. Great work on all your concepts!

Wow, thank you so much for the comments altosax29b, BigBubba, Mr. Aware Eagle, and sonny! To be honest, I never expected this thread to reach 10,000 views, so thanks. I can't think of anything for the good ole' Braves right now. That leaves me with one choice....a 2nd go-round. First up, the Baltimore Orioles.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

1)Lightened the orange do to the many comparisons of the darker orange to red.

2) The primary logo remains the same. I added a secondary "bird head" logo. It serves as the patch logo. This is my first attempt at an animal head logo, so please, bear with me.

3) The scripts are changed. I made the home scripts orange. I kept the bird on the 'i'. Same with the road scripts. This separates them from the Giants in my series.

4) One cap for all of the jerseys. Black belt/socks/cleats for all jerseys. Piping is black-orange-black for the primary jerseys. Piping is black-white-black for the orange jersey. Piping is a single orange for the black jerseys.

6nxnph.png

4gkk1u.jpg

2nno78.png

mr8m6o.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

This is perfect! The only gripe I have is that the bird beak should be perpendicular. That's about it.

EDIT: I agree with Fox about the bird on he alts. It looks less natural, and kind of forced in, so to speak.

For the most part this is a very, very good concept. I'm not a fan of the piping around the neck, much like the SF Giants have on their road jerseys. Just not a great look IMO. Also the button of the caps should be orange. I think having the Oriole sitting on top of the script looks great on the home and road jerseys, but on the alts it looks a little odd. (Orange because script is white and bird is orange, and on black alt because of the white outline.) That being said, this is a fantastic concept, and light years better than your first attempt at your orioles concept. You have come a long, long way!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Absolutely agree with both of you. I wasn't happy with the way the bird looked on the scripts on the alternate unis. I will also update the bird head logo. I'm not sure what you mean by making the bird head perpendicular BigBubba. If you could clarify, I would really aprreciate. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I'm going to do many rounds of series. All C&C is being considered.

Merry Christmas

I've always thought of the Red Sox as one of the few teams in MLB that could get away with green(don't get me wrong, I think there should be LOTS more green in not only baseball, but sports as a whole). Navy is the Yankees main color and the Yankees are the Red Sox main rivals. That combined with the rich irish heritage in Boston and the lack of green in Red Sox concepts, gave me the inspiration to make this.

I got rid of the original logo I made altogether. It was unnecessary IMO and it got mixed reviews. In it's place is the simple "hanging socks" logo outlined in green. I love that logo and think that it works great as a patch. The alternate logo is a revival of the 1908 logo. I've always liked that logo for some reason.

The main cap is a red cap with a white 'B' outlined in green. I added an alternate cap option for the green jersey. Scripts are self-explanitory(I'm lazy...). The piping on the jerseys are the same color as the main script color. If the base color of the script is red, the piping will also be red.

13ye8lt.png

14ce980.png

10oh1cp.png

35n086p.png

2mhww7c.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Good. None of that RWB bowsheet. There are a few teams (Expos, Nats, Rangers) that have a reason to use RWB, but teams like the BoSox, Angels, Indians, Braves, and ESPECIALLY Cards could do fine without it. I'll edit my post to show you what I mean about the beak, but as of now I'm too lazy.

Oh, and screw that red alt. Honestly, add black buttons, white piping, then dress David Ortiz in that and you're looking at Father Christmas.

Good. None of that RWB bowsheet. There are a few teams (Expos, Nats, Rangers) that have a reason to use RWB, but teams like the BoSox, Angels, Indians, Braves, and ESPECIALLY Cards could do fine without it. I'll edit my post to show you what I mean about the beak, but as of now I'm too lazy.

Oh, and screw that red alt. Honestly, add black buttons, white piping, then dress David Ortiz in that and you're looking at Father Christmas.

If only I had photoshop skills...

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I'm going to be extra critical of this one since I am a Sox fan. For starters, I am not opposed to the red sox dropping navy for green, however it must be a dark green. Kelly green would not work with the current graphics package because it is not a darker color than red. If anything the scarlet is darker than the kelly green. Dark green and scarlet would work though.

In that case I would go with at home, a red crown, green B, green brim, and green button cap, and on the road a solid green cap with a red B and a red button. I think this would make a solid uniform set for the sox. Otherwise, I think you did a pretty good job. One last thing- on the Red alt I prefer green lettering outlined in white, but it doesn't make a big difference.

However, this is one of the better green and red Sox concepts that I have seen on these boards, nice job!

I'm going to be extra critical of this one since I am a Sox fan. For starters, I am not opposed to the red sox dropping navy for green, however it must be a dark green. Kelly green would not work with the current graphics package because it is not a darker color than red. If anything the scarlet is darker than the kelly green. Dark green and scarlet would work though.

In that case I would go with at home, a red crown, green B, green brim, and green button cap, and on the road a solid green cap with a red B and a red button. I think this would make a solid uniform set for the sox. Otherwise, I think you did a pretty good job. One last thing- on the Red alt I prefer green lettering outlined in white, but it doesn't make a big difference.

However, this is one of the better green and red Sox concepts that I have seen on these boards, nice job!

Just the guy I wanted to hear from on this concept. Thanks bro. I know exactly what to do now.

Chicago White Sox

There are a lot of combinations that could be made for the White Sox. I really wanted to make white sox for the whole set, but I found that white socks only work on the home uniforms. Unless I made the scripts on the road jersey white(don't want to rip off NDwas concept, best one by the way), there would be no reason for white socks on the road. Another thing I wanted to try out is the white cap/black bill option. The White Sox are one of the few teams that can pull it off IMO.

The primary logo is a revival of the 1970's yellow logo. The alternate logo is the revival of the 1930's "ox in Sox" logo, which is one of my favorite logos in their history. It also got a few likes in my first concept. I never liked their current logo for some reason. I put the "White Sox" script on the home jersey in order to standardize the scripts(looks good with the Chicago script IMO). I added an alternate pinstriped option and an all-purpose black jersey. The 5th jersey is a fauxback jersey. It's the famous mid 80's unis in the current scripts and colors(blue and red for a team called the White Sox?).

C&c please. Thanks!

2qitjki.png

2888f44.png

or1d6o.png

14c64ip.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

WTF happened to that "White Sox" script? Same issue as the Pirates one?

The circular logo with "Chicago" over the sock is good, but the grey is too light of a colour beside the white; it doesn't really divide the 2 well. Same for the white jersey - a white outline doesn't work; maybe take inspiration from NDwas' concept (and give credit, of course) and have a black outline over white letters; essentially invert the colours.

Other than that, a fine concept, though.

Nice concept. I would drop the pinstriped alt, however. 3 white jerseys is too many, and I like the regular home jersey better. Also, I think that having white socks would actually be easier to do on the road, if anything because of the contrast between the grey and white as opposed to white on white at home. Once again though, nice job, this is a great series!

WTF happened to that "White Sox" script? Same issue as the Pirates one?

The circular logo with "Chicago" over the sock is good, but the grey is too light of a colour beside the white; it doesn't really divide the 2 well. Same for the white jersey - a white outline doesn't work; maybe take inspiration from NDwas' concept (and give credit, of course) and have a black outline over white letters; essentially invert the colours.

Other than that, a fine concept, though.

Thanks. Same problem with the Pirates script, yes. I had to take some low quality image off the internet. It only took about an hour to render this time, so it was actually better than the Pirates script. I'm going to change the base color of the circle to gray and make the outline for Chicago black that way it separates better. I've got some ideas on the jerseys too.

Nice concept. I would drop the pinstriped alt, however. 3 white jerseys is too many, and I like the regular home jersey better. Also, I think that having white socks would actually be easier to do on the road, if anything because of the contrast between the grey and white as opposed to white on white at home. Once again though, nice job, this is a great series!

Thanks. I've got some other ideas I'll try out.

Got to go, time for the Steelers :D.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

per·pen·dic·u·lar [pur-puhthinsp.pngn-dik-yuh-ler] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA adjective

1.vertical; straight up and down; upright.

2.Geometry. meeting a given

line or surface at right angles.

3.maintaining a standing or upright position; standing up.

4.having a sharp pitch or slope; steep.

5.(initial capital letter

thinsp.png) noting or pertaining to the last style of English Gothic architecture, prevailing from the late 14th through the early 16th century and characterized by the useof predominantly vertical tracery, an overall linear, shallow effect, and fine intricate stonework.

zxdtfcygvuhbjnlk.png

per·pen·dic·u·lar [pur-puhthinsp.pngn-dik-yuh-ler] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA adjective

1.vertical; straight up and down; upright.

2.Geometry. meeting a given

line or surface at right angles.

3.maintaining a standing or upright position; standing up.

4.having a sharp pitch or slope; steep.

5.(initial capital letter

thinsp.png) noting or pertaining to the last style of English Gothic architecture, prevailing from the late 14th through the early 16th century and characterized by the useof predominantly vertical tracery, an overall linear, shallow effect, and fine intricate stonework.

zxdtfcygvuhbjnlk.png

That's what I thought. Thanks. Do you think I should add a cap to it's head? Maybe like a revival of the cartoon bird...except with a realistic bird?

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived