piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

Thanks everyone. Here is the working stages of my Arlington Rangers concept.

ARLINGTON RANGERS

I decided that it was a little arrogant for a team to be named the "Texas Rangers" when there's another team based in that state. Also, "Arlington Rangers" kind of rolls off the tongue easier. For example:

pittsburGh penGuins

pittsbuRgh piRates

arlinGton ranGers

Anyways, I still could use some help on the horse logo. I introduced a new logo involving a Rangers badge. Finally, the new uniforms are self-explanitory(kind of tired right now).

p8x2e.png

23i86eg.png

Remember, this is just a first draft so C&C would be great. Thank you! :-)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the jerseys (especially the alt - I love how the chest logo doubles as an actual Texas Ranger badge). Just a few suggestions:

• I'd move the chest logo so it doesn't tough the plackett piping
  • The rider on the horse, especially the leg part, just doesn't look right. The still human really clashes with the horse that is in motion.
  • I'd make the silver outline on the star in the logo brown, not silver

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

i agree yet again with BB here about the human. maybe put his legs upward a bit???

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Thank you for the comments oaklandhustler, BigBubba, and Cody21.

LOGO UPDATES

I decided to go with thicker, bolder lines for my Texas logos (everything's bigger in Texas, right?). For the Astros, I changed the A-spaceship up a little bit so that motion was emphasized more. For the Rangers, I redrew parts of the horseman so that it went with the direction of the horse more. I also added a horseshow-badge logo. If you notice, the circle-points of the badge also serve as those holes in the horseshoe.

C&C would be great. Thanks.

2i7a81k.png

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got rid of pink for the Astros.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

great job on the horse logo!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I love those Astros logos. The Texas horse logo is an improvement as well (I just realized he was holding a baseball cap). Have you dropped brown from the colour scheme? If not, I'd try to incorporate it into the logos.

I love those Astros logos. The Texas horse logo is an improvement as well (I just realized he was holding a baseball cap). Have you dropped silver from the colour scheme? If not, I'd try to incorporate it into the logos.

dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I love those Astros logos. The Texas horse logo is an improvement as well (I just realized he was holding a baseball cap). Have you dropped brown from the colour scheme? If not, I'd try to incorporate it into the logos.

Oh, my bad. Well my new idea is to have the logos sport black/silver, but have the uniforms be primarily brown. That way it's balanced out.

St. Louis Cardinals

1) I was a really big fan of the Cardinals recent WS edition uniforms so I decided that they could look good full-time. I think that they differentiate from my Reds since the Reds are red/silver and the Cards are red/gold. I also eliminated navy and went with black.

2) The new primary logo incorporates the St. Louis Gateway Arch. I also changed the current Cardinals "STL" logo up. I generally don't like that logo. If you take each individual letter apart, the 'S' is wonky, the 'T' is unbalanced in regards to the placement of it in the middle of the 'S', and the "L" is way too tall. I fixed all of those elements up and combined them to form a simpler logo. It's supposed to just say "SL", but the top of the 'L' can be used as a subliminal 'T'.

3)The new uniforms incorporate the gateway arch as well. I already have an idea to put the arch design on the hat (You know where the front panel is? Well, you can have the arch design strech around the edges where the three panels of the hat would meet.)

4) Really need some C&C because I am not very happy with it as it stands. Thanks again for the comments everyone!

3518eoy.jpg

6pyseg.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Two things I like:

• The addition of black/removal of navy
  • Putting "St. Louis" on the road

Two things the need changing:
  • As you mentioned, get rid of some of the gold
  • Get rid of the black crown on the road cap

Not too many changes in the actual design, but not a bad concept.

Sorry, but there is not a single good thing about this Cardinals concept.

- The switching of navy to black doesn't fly.

- The changing of the shade of gold and it's overuse.

- The racing stripes are a major eyesore.

- The changing of the STL, which is perfectly fine as is, no changes needed. Doesn't matter how it looks taken apart, it's never shown that way. And besides, the new one you came up with is so much, much more awkward looging than the current one could be percieved to be.

You can call me a homer, but from a traditional and pure asthetic point of view, this just does not show any improvement in any way. I may be being harsh, but it needs to be said. The only salvageable thing is the primary, in a way. If you were to leave the gold outline around the wordmark/birds (which I would suggest not to), then the arch should simply be gold, no other colored outlines, going into the gold outline of the wordmark. As is, it appears the wordmark/birds was simply slapped on front of an arch logo and the "SL" thing thrown into the white space. Although, the single bird logo with script is the primary because it's not as long and horizontal as the two-bird one, which fits better across the jersey front.

I would return to the Cards current shade of gold. You should also use the home cap for the road as well. The bird on bat on a hat seems to work better as a BP hat IMO. As McCall said, racing stripes don't work here. You should use plain sleeve stripes.

No red alt? From my memory they don't have one, but it would be worth a shot.

spacer.png

Sorry, but there is not a single good thing about this Cardinals concept.

- The switching of navy to black doesn't fly.

- The changing of the shade of gold and it's overuse.

- The racing stripes are a major eyesore.

- The changing of the STL, which is perfectly fine as is, no changes needed. Doesn't matter how it looks taken apart, it's never shown that way. And besides, the new one you came up with is so much, much more awkward looging than the current one could be percieved to be.

You can call me a homer, but from a traditional and pure asthetic point of view, this just does not show any improvement in any way. I may be being harsh, but it needs to be said. The only salvageable thing is the primary, in a way. If you were to leave the gold outline around the wordmark/birds (which I would suggest not to), then the arch should simply be gold, no other colored outlines, going into the gold outline of the wordmark. As is, it appears the wordmark/birds was simply slapped on front of an arch logo and the "SL" thing thrown into the white space. Although, the single bird logo with script is the primary because it's not as long and horizontal as the two-bird one, which fits better across the jersey front.

Thanks for ripping me a new one. I kinda needed it. Seriously.

I'm going to give it ONE more try with my arch idea.

Option 1:

2ev5caq.png

Option 2:

63xbia.png

Now before I end this, I know I'm crossing the dangerous line. Yes, the Cardinals uniforms are easily "Top 3" in the league, but what does that matter when you're making concepts? The 97-present update of the Cardinals look is one of the best looks in the league. I get that. I go big or go home when it comes to concepts. I don't really care if it's out of the norm. This is a place to share ideas. That's all I've ever done since the beginning of this thread. In life, we are always changing to make things better for future generations. There might be an idea that turns a few heads in here or, of course, there might not be. The point is to try. Mini-rant over.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Now before I end this, I know I'm crossing the dangerous line. Yes, the Cardinals uniforms are easily "Top 3" in the league, but what does that matter when you're making concepts? The 97-present update of the Cardinals look is one of the best looks in the league. I get that. I go big or go home when it comes to concepts. I don't really care if it's out of the norm. This is a place to share ideas. That's all I've ever done since the beginning of this thread. In life, we are always changing to make things better for future generations. There might be an idea that turns a few heads in here or, of course, there might not be. The point is to try. Mini-rant over.

Some people will rip a member when he posts a tweak saying it's an abomination to thus forum, while others will rip a member doing an outside-of-the-box idea calling it an abomination to the team's history. Keep doing unique ideas because otherwise you'd do nothing to half of the Majors (this isn't necessarily directed about this particular concept; moreso what I've noticed in my time here). It's called a "concept" for a reason - it's supposed to be a new idea, no? Needless to say, if the design isn't good, then it should be addressed as so. However, tradition shouldn't be that big of a factor when making a concept IMO.

Now about the concept:

I like the idea behind the Arch caps, but it just doesn't look good; it looks like the white piping on BP caps TBH. The red alt looks a bit...bare. The script is good enough to be on a jersey by its self, but the jersey needs something extra. The lack of balance with the gold really throws it off (being a significant part of the racing stripes yet is nowhere to be seen on the script/number). And I may not be with McCall and dsaline on this one, but I like the racing stripes.

I may not be with McCall and dsaline on this one, but I like the racing stripes.

The racing stripes are growing one me. Now that I think about it, they could be interpreted as the arch across the players shoulders. (maybe I'm just seeing things.)

spacer.png

I like going to red/black/gold, but I think you should use the gold exclusively as a logo colour. If you need a trim colour and the black won't work, use white.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived