BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

Just noticed some of you guys haven't drafted a pitcher yet.

I only went pitcher last round because I thought Seaver was a good value, not because I felt I needed a pitcher. I had 3 players in my mind 2 picks ahead. You took Alexander, and then when KDub didn't pick Seaver or Henderson, I had my choice. Had he taken Seaver, I would have happily picked Rickey.

I could see myself taking a third pitcher this round. I think the guy I have ranked 20th is going to stick around when I pick him becaue he's not a name value person. Worst case scenairo for me I get the 36th overall player who is also a pitcher.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not like it'll matter, but I'll be away from 4:30 until about 8:30 tonight. It will most definitely not be my turn by then, but if by some miracle it is, you'll know where I am.

We won't be running again until at least six I'd say. It sucks to because we were doing well and were back to this, seeing five picks go and then hours of nothing because somebody has something to do and decided not to bother to send in any picks.

I know it was over 48 hours between my 2nd and 3rd round pick which means the average time between picks was over three hours.

Not like it'll matter, but I'll be away from 4:30 until about 8:30 tonight. It will most definitely not be my turn by then, but if by some miracle it is, you'll know where I am.

We won't be running again until at least six I'd say. It sucks to because we were doing well and were back to this, seeing five picks go and then hours of nothing because somebody has something to do and decided not to bother to send in any picks.

I know it was over 48 hours between my 2nd and 3rd round pick which means the average time between picks was over three hours.

If you think that's bad, look at how long I have to wait. Yeah, I get two picks every time, but I have to wait twice as long...

25yzwqg.png

If you think that's bad, look at how long I have to wait. Yeah, I get two picks every time, but I have to wait twice as long...

Yeah but I'm dead center of the draft, meaning that I should have the lowest waiting time of anyone on average. If I'm waiting two days though that means we are crawling.

And its only been a couple of people as well but this can only move as fast as the slowest person. I know over a 1/4 of the time was spent just on waiting for Gary to make a pick.

This is a great idea and all guys. Really interesting.

But why the hell are there now 5 threads for this? Draft/Roster/Discussion/2 Replacement Owner threads?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I apologize for the delay, everyone. As I stated earlier, I was taken up at church. My picks (Napoleon Lajoie and Roy Campanella) are now up.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Guys, I'm heading off to church now, so I may or may not be gone until at least 4:00 PM, Mountain time. There's a chance I could be back earlier, but if it gets to my picks and I am taking a while, that's where I'll be. Thanks!

Just when we got a good pace going.

Not trying to be argumentative here, but I thought it was a fair warning. And, I thought there was no time limit on the weekends. Not saying I was trying to take advantage of it, but it's not like I pulled a KDub here. My picks are in earlier than expected, and all is well. I apologize for any trouble. Let's move on :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

PLAYERS TAKEN

1. Round 1.
  2. Willie Mays
  3. Ty Cobb
  4. Babe Ruth
  5. Ted Williams
  6. Hank Aaron
  7. Barry Bonds
  8. Sandy Koufax
  9. Walter Johnson
  10. Lou Gehrig
  11. Stan Musial
  12. Roger Clemens
  13. Satchel Paige
  14. Josh Gibson
  15. Joe DiMaggio
  16. Jimmie Foxx
    Round 2.
  17. Christy Mathewson
  18. Pete Rose
  19. Ken Griffey, Jr.
  20. Mickey Mantle
  21. Sadaharu Oh
  22. Honus Wagner
  23. Johnny Bench
  24. Warren Spahn
  25. Reggie Jackson
  26. Rogers Hornsby
  27. Nolan Ryan
  28. Alex Rodriguez
  29. Cy Young
  30. Tris Speaker
  31. Greg Maddux

Round 3.
  32. Yogi Berra
  33. Randy Johnson
  34. Mark McGwire
  35. Grover Cleveland Alexander
  36. Roberto Clemente
  37. Tom Seaver
  38. Rickey Henderson
  39. Eddie Collins
  40. Frank Robinson
  41. Charlie Gehringer
  42. Ichiro Suzuki
  43. Bob Feller
  44. Lefty Grove
  45. Cal Ripken, Jr.
  46. Nap Lajoie
    Round 4.
  47. Roy Campanella
  48. Eddie Plank
  49. Mike Schmidt

I apologize for the delay, everyone. As I stated earlier, I was taken up at church. My picks (Napoleon Lajoie and Roy Campanella) are now up.

I now hate you. :cursing:

Oh trust me, you aren't the first :P

If it makes you feel any better, both Eddie Collins and Charlie Gehringer were target picks of mine before they were respectively taken, so I know what it's like!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

This is a great idea and all guys. Really interesting.

But why the hell are there now 5 threads for this? Draft/Roster/Discussion/2 Replacement Owner threads?

The first three are self-explanatory. We kept them separate so we could easily keep track of picks and rosters. The other two? No idea why there's two.

BB52Big.jpg

Well my no brainer and suprise picks are off the board now. Ripken and Ichiro. Just so everyone knows, I will be PMing a list of 5 picks in total to the Commisioner (Dexter Morgan) so I am covered if I am not around when a pick comes up for me. I am going to have to re-evaluate my draft board now so the 5 will change, and my mind will too if I am here for the pick!

packchampionslfroh.png

I now hate you. :cursing:

Oh trust me, you aren't the first :P

If it makes you feel any better, both Eddie Collins and Charlie Gehringer were target picks of mine before they were respectively taken, so I know what it's like!

That really makes me feel good about drafting Gehringer. :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Picks are already going much faster today.

I may even get to pick twice!!!

It was fun while it lasted. Nash has been MIA for over six hours, so I doubt we'll see a round get done today.

As of now we're averaging about nine picks a day which means we should be just finishing up by this time next month at this rate.

I say if we're not at least halfway done by next week the time limits should be cut down to three hours and include weekends as well, because its just going to take way too long otherwise. Most people seem to be here on weekends as well. People were making picks Sunday morning which even I didn't think was going to happen. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to do a round a day. Right now were at half a round a day.

Seems to be demand as well so if people say they can't do it as far as I'm concerned they're replaceable.

Archived