BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

I don't like the idea of redistributing drafted players back into the draft pool. It gives an unfair advantage to teams who would would be about to draft.

I agree, maybe we could give all owners say 200 auction points. We then auction the teams players off. They would have to be careful with some other players coming off of teams that they may want.

Now that I have an application, I will not be redistributing players. Yes, I would give the team to Jahgee before spitting back up all of my players. :P

Just because I called you an illiterate Notre Dame fan once (again, thought you were mBannon92) doesn't mean you can make sly jokes about me. Also, I plan on updating your identity and making it cooler and Nikefied.

:mad:

:P

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, my pick was a coinflip between a hitter and Seaver, and I ended up going Seaver. If (blank) is still on the board when I get my pick again, he'll join my team.

Only one pitcher I had ranked higher then Seaver but I doubt anyone else had him ranked this high and even I'll admit I might be reaching for him, so for all intensive purposes Seaver was number one.

I know that there's only one "application" so far, and so maybe beggars can't be choosers, but when we're talking about making sure this goes smoothly, shouldn't we pick a member in good standing who wasn't just banned a few months ago?

Why, you guys didn't follow the 6 Month/500 Post rule, why follow the Good Standing rule.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I know that there's only one "application" so far, and so maybe beggars can't be choosers, but when we're talking about making sure this goes smoothly, shouldn't we pick a member in good standing who wasn't just banned a few months ago?

I've sent plenty of PMs to members with good reputations (NEW.ERA, the admiral, rams80). Plus, I have until Thursday to pick a replacement. I will be able to make my picks between now and then.

25yzwqg.png

I'm going to bed for the night so Oddball will be the final pick of the evening if he picks.

I'll have my pick in first thing tomorrow morning though. 10 AM by the latest I'd say. And providing of course Oddball picks by then.

If your picking after me don't bother waiting around.

Oddball has about 3 hours to submit a pick. If he fails to do this, I have a really mean trick up my sleeve that could ruin his entire team (if I get the chance to pick for him due to his extended absence).

And, Jahgee, thanks for the application. Yours is the only one so far, so, as of now, you're the front runner for the opening.

I really doubt anything you could do, could ruin my team. You have to know what I'm doing and I really doubt anyone here would even come close to picking my team. Of the three picks so far, I've only lost out on one player I was looking to take at that time.

To respond to the opening in the Salisbury Steaks

Username: Jahgee

Reason for wanting a team in the draft: I would love to take part in this and make a competitive team to own all of you.

How often are you on the boards, and during what hours are you generally here/away?: Can check in at any time from 9 AM to 12 AM except Tues.-Thurs., I am away from 6 A.M. to 3 P.M.

:censored: no! Anyone but this clown.

BB52Big.jpg

I like the new rules to speed up the draft, but I think allowing anyone to pick any player for them is a bad rule. Why not just skip them over and let them pick when they get back? Yeah, someone should send a list to somebody else if they know they're going to be out, but it would really screw somebody over if something they didn't expect came up and they were away from a computer for 5 hours.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't like the idea of redistributing drafted players back into the draft pool. It gives an unfair advantage to teams who would would be about to draft.

If the choice is giving someone an advantage or letting Jaghoff get involved on this, I'd rather take my chances on the redistribution draft.

BB52Big.jpg

I like the new rules to speed up the draft, but I think allowing anyone to pick any player for them is a bad rule. Why not just skip them over and let them pick when they get back?

I agree. Make it like the NFL draft. You keep getting skipped over until you show up.

BB52Big.jpg

Infa, since he was just picked, Rickey was the player that I mentioned I would have liked a LOT more had he gotten eligibility in CF. He was about 100 games short and with corners, you have a lot less positional scarcity.

That being said, he was still the position player I referred to as a coinflip last pick. Great value there, Oddball.

RULES.

1. 5 Hours Time Limit on selections. When time expires you are skipped over until you show up, but if this happens, you may be replaced, at my discretion.

2. The Clock runs from 9:00 AM ET thru 12.00 AM ET. It is suspended at midnight and restarts again at 9:00 AM.

3. The Clock is suspended on Saturday's and Sunday's.

4. YOU CAN make selections while the clock is suspended, in fact, it is encouraged, the clock is simply not running against your time limit, but YOU CAN submit selections while the clock is suspended, and that is encouraged.

5. You may {AND MUST} personal message your picks to another poster if you sense that you will be unavailable to submit your own pick when you Go ON THE CLOCK, and it is YOUR OBLIGATION to choose someone you can rely on. If you give someone your picks and he does not make them, there will be NO DO-OVERS and NO GOING BACK. It is ultimately YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to have your picks submitted on time, and NO-ONE ELSE'S. If you do not make it in time, we will find someone to make the pick for you and you will have to keep that pick if you like it or not.

6. YOU MUST check the "DISCUSSION THREAD" for the Players Taken list to see if your choice is already taken BEFORE you submit your selection. If you choose a player who is already taken, AND THEN LEAVE, it will be treated as if TIME EXPIRED {after 30 minutes} and we will proceed without you.

7. If you do PM your picks to another GM, please leave us a post in the "DISCUSSION THREAD" to let us know WHO has your picks so we know who to PM when you Go ON THE CLOCK

PLAYERS TAKEN

1. Round 1.
  2. Willie Mays
  3. Ty Cobb
  4. Babe Ruth
  5. Ted Williams
  6. Hank Aaron
  7. Barry Bonds
  8. Sandy Koufax
  9. Walter Johnson
  10. Lou Gehrig
  11. Stan Musial
  12. Roger Clemens
  13. Satchel Paige
  14. Josh Gibson
  15. Joe DiMaggio
  16. Jimmie Foxx
    Round 2.
  17. Christy Mathewson
  18. Pete Rose
  19. Ken Griffey, Jr.
  20. Mickey Mantle
  21. Sadaharu Oh
  22. Honus Wagner
  23. Johnny Bench
  24. Warren Spahn
  25. Reggie Jackson
  26. Rogers Hornsby
  27. Nolan Ryan
  28. Alex Rodriguez
  29. Cy Young
  30. Tris Speaker
  31. Greg Maddux

Round 3.
  32. Yogi Berra
  33. Randy Johnson
  34. Mark McGwire
  35. Grover Cleveland Alexander
  36. Roberto Clemente
  37. Tom Seaver
  38. Rickey Henderson
  39. Eddie Collins

Oddball has about 3 hours to submit a pick. If he fails to do this, I have a really mean trick up my sleeve that could ruin his entire team (if I get the chance to pick for him due to his extended absence).

And, Jahgee, thanks for the application. Yours is the only one so far, so, as of now, you're the front runner for the opening.

I really doubt anything you could do, could ruin my team. You have to know what I'm doing and I really doubt anyone here would even come close to picking my team. Of the three picks so far, I've only lost out on one player I was looking to take at that time.

Well, I was going to pick Matt Murton for you...

25yzwqg.png

Archived