BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

24 hours is the limit, but if you are on the board you have to make your pick. Don't use the time just because you have it. It's not fair to everyone else waiting for you. Be respectful, posting in other threads and then going offline while you team is on the clock is not cool. Again, message me or pmoehirn a list of players if you don't think you will be available more than 10 hours.

By the way, I understand I have been making rules on the fly, I apologize for not being completely prepared from the start.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, message me or pmoehirn a list of players if you don't think you will be available more than 10 hours.

That works. We should be able to keep a decent pace that way. And you're doing a fine job Dexter.

BB52Big.jpg

For the record, I made my last pick drunk. Should I have taken Carlton or Seaver. Maybe. But I'll live with it. 373 wins and a 2.56 career ERA is hard to pass up, no matter what era he did it in. By the way, before I took A-Rod with my previous pick, was anyone else thinking about taking him before I too him?

I have a hard time taking a list with a "tainted legacies" section seriously. What a cop-out that is.

So basically you have an issue with ALL ball players. Ballplayers have taken drugs throughout the years to help them make the next days games, and yes uppers are considered performance enhancing drugs! And if people really wanted to find issues as far as performance enhancing drugs with ball players from the 20's & 30's I bet you could find it if you wanted to. The thing is, it wasn't reported because the reporters protected the ball players. We don't know half the stuff that went on in the locker room and on the trains, etc, with players such as Ruth & Gehrig because they were so protected by the reporters. If you think that illegal substances to help a ball player play better or every day just came about in the 90's, you're living a lie.

I had Alexander as the best available pitcher, so not a bad pick by my account. I would say one of the most overlooked guys of all-time.

Leads the NL in ERA four times, innings pitched 7 times, stikeouts 6 times, strikeouts per nine innings twice. Has the career numbers as well. He would have alot more wins had he not played for such bad teams for the majority of his career. May have even been able to crack 400.

Would have finished with much better career stats as well, unfortunately the horrors of war took a heavy toll on him and he spent the second half of his career as an alcoholic. He was still a top notch pitcher during this time, but he wasn't the guy he was before WWI.

I have a hard time taking a list with a "tainted legacies" section seriously. What a cop-out that is.

So basically you have an issue with ALL ball players. Ballplayers have taken drugs throughout the years to help them make the next days games, and yes uppers are considered performance enhancing drugs! And if people really wanted to find issues as far as performance enhancing drugs with ball players from the 20's & 30's I bet you could find it if you wanted to. The thing is, it wasn't reported because the reporters protected the ball players. We don't know half the stuff that went on in the locker room and on the trains, etc, with players such as Ruth & Gehrig because they were so protected by the reporters. If you think that illegal substances to help a ball player play better or every day just came about in the 90's, you're living a lie.

Dude, you misunderstood my point. I agree with you - that's why I think having a "tainted legacies" section is a cop-out. The 'roid users should be ranked just like the cocaine users, the sharpened-spike cheaters, etc. still get ranked.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Man, someone I really thought had some value and would be overlooked is about 100 games short of the position I'd put him at. Damn that he got injured a little early in his career.

The only thing that sucks about this thread is that we can't discuss stuff like this without giving away our intentions. I'd love to know who you're referring to. All I know is that I'm pretty sure it's not Ray Fosse. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Hey guys, I was really busy yesterday. Was unable to follow this. Was my pick passed by any chance I'm kind of lost where we are right now.

Your weren't skipped and you still got a ways to go until you pick next probably, I'd say not until at least 6PM before you'll be ready.

I haven't drafted anyone in well over a day now.

We're waiting on KDub at the moment. Has anyone sent him a PM?

EDIT: I now have.

Hasn't been on all day, so I'll say he's just been busy today.

I'm hoping that he gets here soon as well because I'm going out later and would prefer if my pick didn't slow down this draft anymore then it already has. Its frustrating to see three picks go by and then nothing for over 12 hours. Like Dexter said either send me or him a list of the players you want if you know that's going to happen, because this won't get finished until August at this pace.

Archived