BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He must be praying about it... lol he's been in the selection thread for a while.

Yeah, I'm kind of tracking that, too. He's very methodical with this.

Now he's offline. Weird, because I seen him go from the Selection thread, to the Discussion thread, back to the Selection thread.

EDIT: Now he's back in here. :D

He must be praying about it... lol he's been in the selection thread for a while.

Now he's offline. Weird, because I seen him go from the Selection thread, to the Discussion thread, back to the Selection thread.

Back on. :P

You're right, though. Very weird.

25yzwqg.png

I know who you are talking about, he's the 6th best. B)

Speaking of which, do you think he could go to infrared's Crawfords? I doubt it. He'll probably pick a pitcher.

He's currently debating between a pitcher and an outfielder; and that's all he has to say on the matter. B)

My pick will be up shortly. Damn this is fun!

BB52Big.jpg

No, I left a window open while I was doing something else. So I wasn't actually "there", my browser was just left open on the page.

BB52Big.jpg

I know who you are talking about, he's the 6th best. B)

Speaking of which, do you think he could go to infrared's Crawfords? I doubt it. He'll probably pick a pitcher.

He's currently debating between a pitcher and an outfielder; and that's all he has to say on the matter. B)

My pick will be up shortly. Damn this is fun!

Amen to that.

25yzwqg.png

No, I left a window open while I was doing something else. So I wasn't actually "there", my browser was just left open on the page.

No need to explain, I was just messing with you.

EDIT: Now he's back in here. :D

I was looking for the players drafted list. Multiple windows open at the same time. As you can see, I'm having some fun with this.

EDIT: Give me five more minutes. Just found some valuable research.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow. Bench over Berra? Seems like a tough choice, but most likely the right one. I'm not sure if I would have passed up on the subtly aforementioned pitcher in one of my previous posts, however. Nonetheless, nice pick. There's plenty of good pitchers to go around.

EDIT: Nice pick, pmoehrin. You capitalized on the situation provided, and got a high quality pitcher for it.

25yzwqg.png

Wow. Bench over Berra? Seems like a tough choice, but most likely the right one. I'm not sure if I would have passed up on the subtly aforementioned pitcher in one of my previous posts, however. Nonetheless, nice pick. There's plenty of good pitchers to go around.

EDIT: Nice pick, pmoehrin. You capitalized on the situation provided, and got a high quality pitcher for it.

All-time winngest pitcher in the post dead ball era as my number two. That ain't too bad.

PLAYERS TAKEN

1. Round 1.
  2. Willie Mays
  3. Ty Cobb
  4. Babe Ruth
  5. Ted Williams
  6. Hank Aaron
  7. Barry Bonds
  8. Sandy Koufax
  9. Walter Johnson
  10. Lou Gehrig
  11. Stan Musial
  12. Roger Clemens
  13. Satchel Paige
  14. Josh Gibson
  15. Joe DiMaggio
  16. Jimmie Foxx
    Round 2.
  17. Christy Mathewson
  18. Pete Rose
  19. Ken Griffey, Jr.
  20. Mickey Mantle
  21. Sadaharu Oh
  22. Honus Wagner
  23. Johnny Bench
  24. Warren Spahn
  25. Reggie Jackson

Bench over Berra was an easy choice. On my board, Bench was the best available position player. He's also the best to ever play the position, in my opinion anyway. Pitching is the deepest position in the draft. Catcher is probably the one with the least depth. That made it an easy decision.

I have some pitchers in mind. I think my pitching staff is where I'll have a few "Lights Out" moments. I promise there will be some unconventional picks.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not just drafting on talent and stats, I'm drafting on character too. I want a cocky SOB who walks up to the plate and knows he's going to deposit the ball 450 feet into the stands off of Cy Young!!!

Archived