BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

Hey guys, I was really busy yesterday. Was unable to follow this. Was my pick passed by any chance I'm kind of lost where we are right now.

Your weren't skipped and you still got a ways to go until you pick next probably, I'd say not until at least 6PM before you'll be ready.

I haven't drafted anyone in well over a day now.

Ok, thanks. This can go really fast or slow at times.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's safe to say that we're all in agreement on the fact that this thread is a lot of fun. Some of us are way into it. Apparently, some are not. With that in mind, I'm going to make a proposal that's pretty drastic. I propose that anyone who has gone more than 12 hours between posts in the discussion thread or pick thread get booted from the draft. Any players they have chosen will be put back into the draft. Or maybe we can devise some sort of supplemental draft. In any case, I think it's pretty clear at this point which participants can be counted on and which ones cannot. We need to do something because the slow ass feet draggers are ruining this for the rest of us.

All I know is I haven't made a pick since July 14th. We're closing in on 48 hours here.

@ Dexter: no replacements. We carry on with whatever is left.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, this guy really needs to pick. I thought we'd have gone through at least 7 or so picks by now today. I don't know how long he's been on the clock, but I do know that he was when I got home from work at midnight Utah time - and right now it's 3:30 in the afternoon here.

As someone who's really into this draft, the wait is really bothering me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I said awhile ago I couldn't see any reason someone would go much above 8 hours.

I understand things happen in life to take you away from this, but this is ridiculous. This isn't someone who's life has gotten in the way this is someone with the time to do it but just doesen't feel like it.

I'd say just skip him and move on. I know its 24 hour time limit but like I said this is going to take until August if it keeps going at this pace and to me you should only go over 24 hours in cases of emergency. What he has isn't an emergency otherwise he wouldn't have posted "I'm thinking about it."

I say cut the time limit to 10-12 hours. If you can't be here in time get in contact with either me or Dexter. Its just a shame that so many people are abusing that time limit rule and it sucks for the people that really do have emergencies, but too many people have taken advantage of this to the point where its obvious now that if its at 24 hours its not getting done and people are going to eventually lose interest, probably already have.

If someone just drops out entirely I say just make those players unavailble to draft, or have some kind of resdistrubtion draft afterwards. It sucks but I think were too far in to start over.

I said awhile ago I couldn't see any reason someone would go much above 8 hours.

I understand things happen in life to take you away from this, but this is ridiculous. This isn't someone who's life has gotten in the way this is someone with the time to do it but just doesen't feel like it.

I'd say just skip him and move on. I know its 24 hour time limit but like I said this is going to take until August if it keeps going at this pace and to me you should only go over 24 hours in cases of emergency. What he has isn't an emergency otherwise he wouldn't have posted "I'm thinking about it."

I say cut the time limit to 10-12 hours. If you can't be here in time get in contact with either me or Dexter. Its just a shame that so many people are abusing that time limit rule and it sucks for the people that really do have emergencies, but too many people have taken advantage of this to the point where its obvious now that if its at 24 hours its not getting done and people are going to eventually lose interest, probably already have.

I was going to say cut the limit to 6 or 8 hours not counting the middle of the night. That way it speeds up the draft a lot more and you can still come in later in the day to make the pick if you're out all day.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

No offense to those who don't make the cut, but here is my proposal on who gets to stay and who goes so far....

In:

Salisbury Steaks (AnythingChicago)

Detroit Tigers (Gary)

New York Highlanders(Dexter Morgan)

Atlanta Black Crackers (brushimania)

Albuquerque Dukes (oddbal)

Newark Eagles (pmoehrin)

Pittsburgh Crawfords (infrared41)

Detroit Stars (YessSir32)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Lights Out)

New York Mets (NJTank)

Chicago Cubs (Billy B )

Modesto Nuts (nash61)

Los Angeles Dodgers (knnhrvy16)

On the outs

Cleveland Indians (north dakota) Ten hours from the time he was on the clock until his first pick. Then he picked out of order, walked away, and delayed us even further. (Plus he used his second pick on Mark McGwire. :blink: )

Milwaukee Baseball LLC (KDubK414) Currently taking three hours to pick.

No offense fellas, you're just slowing us down too much. There's no shame in not being as into this as the rest of us are.

BB52Big.jpg

To be fair Gary was the one taking so long, not North Dakota. It wasn't his turn when he "picked" Yogi Berra. It was Gary's.

I also know that Gay made two posts after hours after he Speaker while it was his pick and then ducked out without making a pick.

ND was pretty quick as well in drafting after Gary made his pick when it was his turn, so while what he did wasn't smart it didn't hold things up as some people may think.

I agree changes have to be maid here. But I don't see how we can eliminate teams and fairly redistribute the players on those teams back into the draft.

1. Determine who's getting booted.

2. Put their picks back in the draft.

3. The person who chose after them has the choice of releasing their corresponding pick to take a newly available player. Right down the line until either all the new players have been re-drafted or everyone has passed.

Simple?

BB52Big.jpg

NEW RULES.

1. 5 Hours Time Limit on selections. When time has expired any of the other GMs may make a selection for you. Do you want want Carl Pavano in your starting rotation? I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

2. The Clock runs from 9:00 AM ET thru 12.00 AM ET. It is suspended at midnight and restarts again at 9:00 AM.

3. YOU CAN make selections while the clock is suspended, in fact, it is encouraged, the clock is simply not running against your time limit, but YOU CAN submit selections while the clock is suspended, and that is encouraged.

4. You may {AND MUST} personal message your picks to another poster if you sense that you will be unavailable to submit your own pick when you Go ON THE CLOCK, and it is YOUR OBLIGATION to choose someone you can rely on. If you give someone your picks and he does not make them, there will be NO DO-OVERS and NO GOING BACK. It is ultimately YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to have your picks submitted on time, and NO-ONE ELSE'S. If you do not make it in time, we will find someone to make the pick for you and you will have to keep that pick if you like it or not.

5. YOU MUST check the "DISCUSSION THREAD" for the Players Taken list to see if your choice is already taken BEFORE you submit your selection. If you choose a player who is already taken, AND THEN LEAVE, it will be treated as if TIME EXPIRED {after 30 minutes} and we will proceed without you.

6. If you do PM your picks to another GM, please leave us a post in the "DISCUSSION THREAD" to let us know WHO has your picks so we know who to PM when you Go ON THE CLOCK

Mark McGwire hit a home run once per every 10.61 AB through 16 MLB seasons. Which happens to be better than any other major leaguer. He also hit 583 home runs.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Mark McGwire hit a home run once per every 10.61 AB through 16 MLB seasons. Which happens to be better than any other major leaguer. He also hit 583 home runs.

Its also all he did. Really OBP, but not great. Struck out alot. Plays at a position where you need to be solid offensively to play for as long as he did. And like everyone else in that era sees his numbers be inflated to levels much higher then they should. He's basically a modern era Dwight Evans with a better bat and not as much defensive talent.

The new time selection will only correspond for during the day, right?

Because if someone selects at say... 3 AM, no guarantee that I'd be able to pick on time.

According to the new rules, your time on the clock would start at 9AM ET. Therefore, you would have until 2PM ET to pick.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived