BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadaharu Oh.. very nice, though I wonder if you could of waited to make that selection. Was anyone else thinking of selecting Oh?

I hate you! :P I was getting ready to pick him!

Very nice pick, Lights Out. Very nice.

Obviously he made the right selection. B)

PLAYERS TAKEN

1. Round 1.
  2. Willie Mays
  3. Ty Cobb
  4. Babe Ruth
  5. Ted Williams
  6. Hank Aaron
  7. Barry Bonds
  8. Sandy Koufax
  9. Walter Johnson
  10. Lou Gehrig
  11. Stan Musial
  12. Roger Clemens
  13. Satchel Paige
  14. Josh Gibson
  15. Joe DiMaggio
  16. Jimmie Foxx
    Round 2.
  17. Christy Mathewson
  18. Pete Rose
  19. Ken Griffey, Jr.
  20. Mickey Mantle
  21. Sadaharu Oh
  22. Honus Wagner

I hate you! :P I was getting ready to pick him!

Pick who - Oh or Boggs?

Oh. I was going to pick him with the 31st pick, and a pitcher with the 30th pick (Young, Spahn, Maddux, Ryan, Carlton, Niekro, Johnson...)

EDIT: Yeah, it was a brainfart. B)

But I still hate you. :D

25yzwqg.png

I selected Honus Wagner, would guys agree that he would be a SS? That's where he played most games, but played everywhere in the infield.

He's a SS no doubt about it. The best ever at that. Would of been my pick if he was still on the board.

I selected Honus Wagner, would guys agree that he would be a SS? That's where he played most games, but played everywhere in the infield.

He's a SS no doubt about it. The best ever at that. Would of been my pick if he was still on the board.

Agreed, it was hard to find a picture of him not being the first ever baseball card.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

You guys are crazy talk about who you might pick. Gotta keep that stuff under wraps. :rolleyes:

No they don't. By all means tell me your draft strategy so I can adjust mine accordingly.

Also the fact that you can draft international players is certainly good news to Randy Baas for this draft.

The 5 greatest center fielders are off the board in less than 20 picks. No surprise.

Without giving anything away... I disagree.

There are plenty of fantastic center fielders still on the board, but none of them are Mays, Cobb, DiMaggio, Mantle, or Griffey, Jr's level.

The 5 greatest center fielders are off the board in less than 20 picks. No surprise.

Without giving anything away... I disagree.

I know exactly who you are referring to. Guy gets overlooked all the time. He was someone I was hoping would fall to me but because there have been so many reaches early on, I can do better I feel.

I know who you are talking about, he's the 6th best. B)

Cobb is a yes. Mays and Mantle I feel are debatable. I'll say no on DiMaggio (just take one look at the career stats as well as defensive ability) and I'll say no on Griffey who's numbers I feel benefited immensely (as did everyones) who played in the steroid era. He would not have even approached 600 home runs had he played in any other era and would probably be lucky if he even got to 500.

I know who you are talking about, he's the 6th best. B)

Speaking of which, do you think he could go to infrared's Crawfords? I doubt it. He'll probably pick a pitcher.

He's on the board, so he should be about to pick. pmoehrin, don't go anywhere you pick right after him.

Archived