BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

Murphy's 30s are just... scary. Would not have been one of my picks this early. Not at all.

It's the 11th round. How much longer before it's not "too early" to pick someone? B)

In any case, both Oddball and I disagree. Him more than me maybe. I'm very pleased to have gotten Dale Murphy. His top seasons more than make up for the latter part of his career. I will say this though, there was one player I had completely forgotten about when I made my pick. Had I remembered him, I would have rolled the dice on Murphy lasting another round and taken the player I forgot about. Here's hoping he's still there with my next pick.

EDIT: I just saw that you picked my forgotten player. It was Larry Doby. Back to the drawing board I guess.

I didn't disagree with you. On what? On Murphy? I was debating on whether to take him and was hoping he would at least slide to the next round. How is a two time MVP and 5 time gold glove winner a reach? Personally, having actually seen him play live, he was an extremely dangerous player that if he played in LA, Chicago, or New York he would've been a lot more popular.

Oh yeah. Can we get a link to the spreadsheet in one of the first posts? I notice not everyone updates their rosters, and finding the spreadsheet is close to impossible.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johan joins my rotation. B) 4 LHP in Yankee Stadium, gotta love it, but I should probably draft a RHP to close out my rotation. BTW KDub, if I had my way, CC Sabathia would be my 5th starter, but Johan will due just fine.

#P- Grover Cleveland Alexander, RHP (1911-1930, PHI, CHC, STL)

#32- Steve Carlton, LHP (1965-1988, STL, PHI, SFG, CHW, CLE, MIN)

#11- Carl Hubbell, LHP (1928-1943, NYG)

#49- Ron Guidry, LHP (1975-1988, NYY)

#57- Johan Santana, LHP (2000- , MIN, NYM)

Awesome staff! At Ole Yankee Stadium, they will keep a lot of balls in the yard. All my stadium sites are pretty symmetrical, so It doesn't really matter where the power alleys are. CC has been the man since he came here, awesome stuff and even better character. He's one of the few people I don't wish ill will on after leaving. He's a dreaded Yankee now, lol, but he did so much for the Crew the entire SHORT time he was here. How can you not want a workhouse like that on your staff. That's why I took him so early. I needed a guy like that to bolster the staff.

Nice pick up of Johan!

packchampionslfroh.png

The Dodgers are proud to announce the hiring of four-time World Series champion manager Walter Alston!

65901-004-0859910A.jpg

The man fans affectionately called "Smokey" led the Brooklyn Dodgers to a ring in 1955, and led the Los Angeles Dodgers to three in 1959, 1963, and 1965. His impressive W-L record when he retired in 1976 was 2,040-1,613, a win percentage of .558. His #24 was retired by the Dodgers in 1977.

The search for a GM is ongoing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Murphy's 30s are just... scary. Would not have been one of my picks this early. Not at all.

It's the 11th round. How much longer before it's not "too early" to pick someone? B)

In any case, both Oddball and I disagree. Him more than me maybe. I'm very pleased to have gotten Dale Murphy. His top seasons more than make up for the latter part of his career. I will say this though, there was one player I had completely forgotten about when I made my pick. Had I remembered him, I would have rolled the dice on Murphy lasting another round and taken the player I forgot about. Here's hoping he's still there with my next pick.

EDIT: I just saw that you picked my forgotten player. It was Larry Doby. Back to the drawing board I guess.

I didn't disagree with you. On what? On Murphy? I was debating on whether to take him and was hoping he would at least slide to the next round. How is a two time MVP and 5 time gold glove winner a reach? Personally, having actually seen him play live, he was an extremely dangerous player that if he played in LA, Chicago, or New York he would've been a lot more popular.

Oh yeah. Can we get a link to the spreadsheet in one of the first posts? I notice not everyone updates their rosters, and finding the spreadsheet is close to impossible.

It was worded poorly. What I was saying is that both you and I disagree with bruschimania about Dale Murphy.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Canseco is a huge reach here, IMO.

Agreed.

Now he's really just looking for attention.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Exactly. It's pretty sad how Jahgoff was gifted a decent team only because nobody else was interested and has proceeded to take a dump on it in the name of attention-seeking. In retrospect, the Steaks should have just been folded.

He'll probably pick Bobby Bonilla and Mario Mendoza next.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Exactly. It's pretty sad how Jahgoff was gifted a decent team only because nobody else was interested and has proceeded to take a dump on it in the name of attention-seeking. In retrospect, the Steaks should have just been folded.

He'll probably pick Bobby Bonilla and Mario Mendoza next.

Funny how we all voted against him in the first place isn't it? The team would've been better off being folded like the Nuts.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

As good as that team was, I too wish they were just folded. I mean, if I remember correctly, nobody really wanted him in anyways. The saddest end result of all this is that the great Willie Mays is now saddled with Jimmy Sheckard and Jose Flippin' Canseco as outfield partners.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I can think of one outfielder that was on steroids that was way better than Canseco. I'm actually kind of surprised he hasn't been picked yet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is it too late to fold them now and kick Jahgoff out of the draft?

I'm OK with that. In fact, I'd be pretty happy about it.

I'll throw my name into the hat.

Count me in. Let's just make sure we do it before he names Willie Randolph manager.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived