NCAA Concept Championships

blase

What Concept Champs would you like to see next?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just submitted my 2nd entry, a little ahead of schedule.

This time for The St. Louis University Billikens.

Nice choice! lookin forward to seeing that one... my 2nd I went with Maine Black Bears always liked their hockey jerseys but their mascot logo is awful

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I might speed things up and enter a logo myself. Worked on Kansas St using Davidson's tutorials and logos as a guide. End product looks far too much like a knock off of his logos so won't enter it but thought I'd chuck it on for interest sake.

unled101t.png

No, I think you should enter it, blase. It's supposed to look like davidson did it; that's why he posted the tutorials. And we need more entries, obviously, so I say go for it!

Yeah, go ahead and enter it, Blase.

Apparently there's just not very much interest in this "contest", Which is a shame because it's less likely that another contest like this will come about in the near future.

(unless it's a NHL jersey concept contest in which you would get 32 entries easily, but most would be crap).

2043050vl19qK6.gif

unled101t.png

That's a beauty.

I wish there was more interest in this contest because there is a load of talent here that could do so much with colleges and university concepts. I'd like to extend this contest or do it again sometime.

If I were better at graphic art, I would do two or three more.

LehQRaC.png

What's killing me is that there's a million copy-cut-paste-fill concepts flooding the forums every day, and seemingly fewer and fewer original ideas. Here's the opportunity, and we can barely get 16? Sheesh.

I'll start on something else, not sure what though. How many are we at now?

What's killing me is that there's a million copy-cut-paste-fill concepts flooding the forums every day, and seemingly fewer and fewer original ideas. Here's the opportunity, and we can barely get 16? Sheesh.

I believe If/when you enter your second design, there will be 16, and we can finally get going with this bracket.

p.s. I totally share your frustration over this situation.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I believe If/when you enter your second design, there will be 16, and we can finally get going with this bracket.

p.s. I totally share your frustration over this situation.

I really miss alot of the original logo concepts. I'd say about 95% of concepts on here are uniform related, which can be cool in it's own way if presented well, but comes nowhere near logo concepts. JJSCOTT's Michigan logo and Air Force logo are what really makes me enjoy this site at times. Anyone can design uniforms...few can take it up a notch and produce a professional looking identity. I'm hoping that this thread inspires some of the newer members that are in the majority of posters these days. The veterans who produced really unique stuff like Fraser Davidson seem to have left the building :down:

It's refreshing to see that I am not the only one that is disappointed by the response to this concept bracket idea and that truly enjoys seeing original creations for more than just the flood of moving stripes and changing fonts on a jersey. The concept uniforms are interesting but I always love seeing the original concept logos whether for real teams or just personal fantasy team logos etc.

Oh well I guess. I will enjoy seeing the 16 logos we get and the bracket. I'm gonna go out on a huge limb and say now that the comments that criticize the original concept logos for the bracket will far exceed the number of people that put in the thought and work to create something more than changing of a font or adding some stripes to one of the many jersey templates that flood the boards. smh

There are 1000's of redesigns on this board for leagues, conferences, divisions that span the sports... lemme see somebody that goes the extra mile and redesigns logos for a whole conference or league now that would be impressive. I understand there is a broad range of talent, experience and skill levels on here but it's kind of a shame there aren't more concept LOGO's in the concept forum but to each his own i guess.

K done ranting... bring on the bracket!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Right everyone we are almost there!! The matchups have been set. I decided to have both Miami concepts battle it out first up and I also decided that people who had submitted two concepts would have both designs on the same side of the bracket. This was soley so that we avoided any chance of one person having both concepts in the final. Possibly unfair but thought it would ensure maximum interest in the final. Once I had sorted that out I just made some calls and filled in the gaps. Polls will be open soon. I will probbaly do one side of the bracket first rather than both. All concepts will be in the first post.

Wow. Looking at the quality of these concepts, I'm screwed. Last place ahoy!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Man, I got a tough match-up. HE DID THAT ON PORPOISE!!!!111!!! CHEATERRRR!1!! :P No, I know nothing of the sorts was intended.

Anyhow, I voted for:

jjscott (Oregon State) over Alabama

Varsityblue's Hurricanes over Griffinmarlin's Hurricanes.

Myself (Tulsa) over blase (K-State) (even though blase had the better concept).

jjscott (Maine) over Chapeeko (Tulane). I really liked the idea behind Chapeeko's but the perspective and proportioning on the stork were off.

Glad to see this up and running!

25yzwqg.png

Man, I got a tough match-up. HE DID THAT ON PORPOISE!!!!111!!! CHEATERRRR!1!! :P No, I know nothing of the sorts was intended.

Anyhow, I voted for:

jjscott (Oregon State) over Alabama

Varsityblue's Hurricanes over Griffinmarlin's Hurricanes.

Myself (Tulsa) over blase (K-State) (even though blase had the better concept).

jjscott (Maine) over Chapeeko (Tulane). I really liked the idea behind Chapeeko's but the perspective and proportioning on the stork were off.

Glad to see this up and running!

It is a pelican not a stork, but whatever.

Archived