NCAA Concept Championships

blase

What Concept Champs would you like to see next?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ticked all of them except NFL, MLB, and NHL logo concepts.

I really think we should do the MLB first, because the playoffs are coming up. Then we should do the NFL in October once the season is in swing.

Trust me, the NFL hype won't be worn down by then.

25yzwqg.png

I'll join any contest that doesn't involve making logos.

I will too, I don't care how I do, crap like this is just fun. I wouldn't make my concept horrible though. As you could see by how I made my logo for this contest I don't have good logo creating skills.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'd rather do a logo design contest than a uniform one. The work that came out of this contest was better, or at least more creative than the NBA one IMO.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

NFL logo contest would be awesome. However, I chose to completely disregard that article after how they ranked the Texans. Easily the best logo in the NFL; maybe even all of pro sports.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

NFL logo contest would be awesome. However, I chose to completely disregard that article after how they ranked the Texans. Easily the best logo in the NFL; maybe even all of pro sports.

Yeah, and look how high they ranked that godawful Patriots logo.

25yzwqg.png

Yeah some strange perspectives there. Put in to get poeple thinking though.

Came across these as well. I'm sure most have seen these already.

http://www.thesportsdesignblog.com/2011/07/08/interview-with-nfl-designer-mark-verlander/

http://www.thesportsdesignblog.com/2011/06/03/team-logo-history-nfl/

I'm hoping if we do another one we have a little more time spent on it. What people produced last time was great but I had logos handed in within hours of starting the comp. My hope is for people to take a good week or so to really finish a concept. I also want to think of how to add to the comp as it progresses. I felt the NCAA comp lost a bit of interest because all concepts are seen at the start and nothing changes but the matchups. I wonder how we keep it interestng? Main logo first two rounds then designers need to add an alt logo or a different wordmark??? I don't know needs something though i think??

I think if you were to add something to a logo design competition, it should be uniforms. The people that advance to the second round (depends on how many entries I guess) would have to come up with a uniform package to go along with their new logo identity. The people who advanced from that round might have to add even more for the third round. Like, say, a field design if it were an NFL concept.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm hoping if we do another one we have a little more time spent on it. What people produced last time was great but I had logos handed in within hours of starting the comp. My hope is for people to take a good week or so to really finish a concept. I also want to think of how to add to the comp as it progresses. I felt the NCAA comp lost a bit of interest because all concepts are seen at the start and nothing changes but the matchups. I wonder how we keep it interestng? Main logo first two rounds then designers need to add an alt logo or a different wordmark??? I don't know needs something though i think??

That's why I think the uniform competitions are better. You can always add another alternate, but you can't always add something new to a logo set.

25yzwqg.png

Well, you could add another logo to the logo set.

My idea: Ideally we get 32 entries, maybe we have to double up for some. First round, submit a primary logo, second round a primary uniform set, third round; alternate logo and alternate uniform, 4th round; field design and wordmark, and the finals is just a cumulative vote. I think that would be great. We could all hype up the competition in our signature, and link to it. Blase, keep pumping out those sick contest graphics, and we could get something special going here

EDIT: Can I also get dibs on the Chiefs?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

starting to think NFL logos might be the way to go. Will hold of a little longer before making a decision.

In the meantime, here's an article on NFl logos that might get you thinking:

http://blog.infomedi...f-nfl-branding/

"The Broncos also have great, modern uniforms..."

Really?

In terms of the contest, I would go for an NFL one. I'd prefer uniforms to logos, but that's just 'cause I'm not that great at logos.

Edit: Also, the Raiders wear monochrome and the Chiefs unis are hideous?

Edit 2.0: The Cardinals uniforms are the "lone bright spot" of their branding?????

Agreed with the general sentiment here. Logos as an "entry" point, uniforms for those who make it out of the first round. Like missouri tigers said, it would just be a bunch of cut-copy-paste uniforms if it were a uniform contest. I like the idea of developing identities as the contest goes on.

Archived