College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Looks like Washington needs to lighten up the purple on their helmet decals. It looks more black than purple.

4da306c2b5b62cd06269c118c8458c56-getty-129992496.jpg

Most helmet decals are darker than the color they are trying to replicate on the uniform (Texas and Wisconsin come to mind). But those stripes are hardly the main problem with that uniform combo.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Washington needs to lighten up the purple on their helmet decals. It looks more black than purple.

Most helmet decals are darker than the color they are trying to replicate on the uniform (Texas and Wisconsin come to mind). But those stripes are hardly the main problem with that uniform combo.

The black pants are beyond stupid. They're borderline criminal.

The black pants are beyond stupid. They're borderline criminal.

As my teenaged daughter says, "True that."

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Here is some Washington State pictures...

I really like the dark gray, but the mixture of light gray, dark gray, and a red helmet just looks horrible together. Maybe next time they can do dark gray - dark gray - red.

Okay...call me crazy (don't worry - I think I'm calling myself crazy too right now), but I don't think it looks that bad. It's an odd combo for sure, and not something I'd like to see three times a year, but right now....I actually...kinda like it. Weird, considering it goes against my usual taste in uniforms (I didn't like OKST's all-grey, for example), but I think the maroon helps it. Hmm.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Here is some Washington State pictures...

I really like the dark gray, but the mixture of light gray, dark gray, and a red helmet just looks horrible together. Maybe next time they can do dark gray - dark gray - red.

Okay...call me crazy (don't worry - I think I'm calling myself crazy too right now), but I don't think it looks that bad. It's an odd combo for sure, and not something I'd like to see three times a year, but right now....I actually...kinda like it. Weird, considering it goes against my usual taste in uniforms (I didn't like OKST's all-grey, for example), but I think the maroon helps it. Hmm.

I actually really like that combo. If they had worn the grey helmet, that would've been bad, but the red helmet looks good with it. I don't see why anybody hates it.

And for once, I agree with oldschoolvikings. The black pants for washington suck, especially with the regular road uniform. Black numbers would've really helped.

And is there any argument that Tulsa has the worst uniforms in the nation? That the Tulsa v Rice game was the worst looking game I've ever seen. And good job Oregon. You guys haven't screwed up since the LSU game (although the Cal game could've been better).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I specifically think Duke should wear something like this:

exportA-19.png

that looks great, nice job

Please no, I don't want to see a smidgen of black on Duke's white or blue uniforms in any sport. BFBS.

Current football uniforms are great. Pre-2005 basketball uniforms are spectacular.

Duke in black today:

ap-201110221311474746719.jpg

If you ever wanted to see the Colts in a black alternate, this is probably as close as you're going to get.

Second time they've done it this year. It looks less bad (though still bad) paired with black pants.

I'm still amazed Duke doesn't take advantage of their basketball team identity. It's used in lacrosse...it would look great in football, and balance blue and black.

They have a great color scheme, which they own, but they fail to use it correctly.

Huh? Duke's colors are Blue (PMS 287) and white (and there is some argument that white isn't even a school color). Just because Nike has turned the blue purplish and ruins everything with black (not a school color) does not an identity create. Duke's old basketball uniforms were iconic, now our football uniforms are superior.

And in all sports the D is now the same and the Duke block is the same block in football as it is in lacrosse and basketball, so I'm not sure where you are getting to lacrosse using the basketball identity vs. football.

I hope they don't foist the Iron D on the baseball team full time. The D baseball uses right now is fantastic...

Washington State is wearing possibly the ugliest uniform in college football history tonight.

Cherry red lids with white facemask, light grey jerseys with red numbers and dark grey accents and dark grey pants with light grey accents.

Oh, and it's against a team in white.

Looks horrid!!!!

*sighs* It's true, this last combo(Crimson helmet, gray jersey, dark gray pants) was horrible.

When they debuted the dark gray pants over the summer with the rest of the new uniforms, I hoped they would ditch them. Why make a big deal about true school colors (the press conference focused on "one crimson") and then mix and match grays? Also, the crimson and white helmet looks like it comes from a completely different school when paired with the jersey and pants with no white whatsoever.

Though I didn't think I would, I liked the Death Star combo(gray helmet, gray jersey, gray pants) they wore against Stanford. I was especially pleased they used the gray helmet with the crimson logo.

I firmly believe the uniform gods were punishing WSU for the crimson/gray/dark gray combo. I just hope they never bring out the concept gray on gray helmet. Not a good look.

Go Cougs.

Washington State is wearing possibly the ugliest uniform in college football history tonight.

Cherry red lids with white facemask, light grey jerseys with red numbers and dark grey accents and dark grey pants with light grey accents.

Looks horrid!!!!

*sighs* It's true, this last combo(Crimson helmet, gray jersey, dark gray pants) was horrible.

When they debuted the dark gray pants over the summer with the rest of the new uniforms, I hoped they would ditch them. Why make a big deal about true school colors (the press conference focused on "one crimson") and then mix and match grays? Also, the crimson and white helmet looks like it comes from a completely different school when paired with the jersey and pants with no white whatsoever.

Though I didn't think I would, I liked the Death Star combo(gray helmet, gray jersey, gray pants) they wore against Stanford. I was especially pleased they used the gray helmet with the crimson logo.

I firmly believe the uniform gods were punishing WSU for the crimson/gray/dark gray combo. I just hope they never bring out the concept gray on gray helmet. Not a good look.

Besides the gray mess, it doesn't even look like they're using "one crimson" between their helmet and jersey numbers:

flonN.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Looks horrid!!!!

Besides the gray mess, it doesn't even look like they're using "one crimson" between their helmet and jersey numbers:

flonN.jpg

That's terrible. Those helmets, pants and jerseys look like they are from 3 different teams.

I think they would have been alright if they went with crimson colored pants. All this solid gray stuff, gray/dark gray stuff is really going overboard. But if they did crimson/gray/crimson it could have been ok. White numbers would be good, too. Dark numbers on dark jerseys is always a poor decision.

Also, on the topic of gray... who else DESPISED the Boise grays? Too dark, numbers were illegible, didn't really do much to change the visuals of all blue on the field, and not even a school color. At least WSU can lay claim to it. Boise not so much. Just looks like crap.

I think they would have been alright if they went with crimson colored pants. All this solid gray stuff, gray/dark gray stuff is really going overboard. But if they did crimson/gray/crimson it could have been ok. White numbers would be good, too. Dark numbers on dark jerseys is always a poor decision.

Also, on the topic of gray... who else DESPISED the Boise grays? Too dark, numbers were illegible, didn't really do much to change the visuals of all blue on the field, and not even a school color. At least WSU can lay claim to it. Boise not so much. Just looks like crap.

WSU's uniforms looked good because of the Red and white helmet. More grey would've just made the whole uniform look dirty. Boise'e was just bad. It didn't fit with Boise at all, and unlike WSU, they didn't balance it out with any white. Grey or white pants would've helped.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Looks horrid!!!!

flonN.jpg

That's terrible. Those helmets, pants and jerseys look like they are from 3 different teams.

If they would just stick with the Dark Grey for the Jersey and Pants and the red helmet then this would have looked a lot better. But the best gray for the weekend goes to Boise State, I give it to the Broncos for wearing the gray jersey's because they somewhat meshed with the blue turf. What a way to stick it to the MWC!

spacer.png

Archived