College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee fans are supposed to wear black to the game on Saturday. Could that mean....

Rumors have been flying all over the message boards all week but I don't see Dooley letting them do it. It would take to much planning preseason to get done. Adidas couldn't produce the jerseys very quickly because they can't even get UT's regular white jerseys the way Dooley wants them so there wearing an older model until then.

Tennessee fans are supposed to wear black to the game on Saturday. Could that mean....

Rumors have been flying all over the message boards all week but I don't see Dooley letting them do it. It would take to much planning preseason to get done. Adidas couldn't produce the jerseys very quickly because they can't even get UT's regular white jerseys the way Dooley wants them so there wearing an older model until then.

Last time we wore them in 2009...they only had a few days to make them so you never know. If no black then we should go all orange...it'd remind me of a pumpkin. Ha.

Untitled.png

Last time we wore them in 2009...they only had a few days to make them so you never know. If no black then we should go all orange...it'd remind me of a pumpkin. Ha.

Yeah those were awesome. I wouldn't mind them wearing them once a year or on home games on Halloween weekend. I would love to see black paints with 2 orange stripes and a white stripe down the middle as well. But regardless they need to be planned some time out so they can be stitched on and have the names on the back so they don't look like a high school with printed on numbers and loose jerseys

Tennessee traditionally (well, 90s to mid 2000s) goes all orange for the game against Vandy.

EDIT: Maybe not! Looking thru Getty, and 1999 and 2001 have Tennessee wearing white pants against Vandy. I know they've worn the all-orange against Vandy though at least a couple times.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Will all 120 FBS teams have matte black helmets and black jerseys by 2012?

Depressingly enough, I would not be surprised.

Ugh...

...I think I just need to return to black-and-white television. At least I won't be able to tell the difference on some occasions.

Which makes me think, why dont more schools that wear matte helmets try to get some in school colours?...Yeah, the Miss St ones look horrible, but the Wyoming chocolate browns and ASU yellows aren't bad. I could see a matte green or blue being particularly nice looking.

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Ugh...

...I think I just need to return to black-and-white television. At least I won't be able to tell the difference on some occasions.

Which makes me think, why dont more schools that wear matte helmets try to get some in school colours?...Yeah, the Miss St ones look horrible, but the Wyoming chocolate browns and ASU yellows aren't bad. I could see a matte green or blue being particularly nice looking.

I hope Kentucky never has a matte blue helmet, their current one is perfect.

Current Helmet

The metallic in these helmets are some of the best in all of football.

spacer.png

Ugh...

I have honestly yet to find a matte black helmet (that has a logo on it, USM) that looks bad. Hell, even for Rutgers BFBS, the unis were bad, but the helmet looked great. It's a safe bet. I think Kentucky's would look awesome with a matte black helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ugh...

I have honestly yet to find a matte black helmet (that has a logo on it, USM) that looks bad. Hell, even for Rutgers BFBS, the unis were bad, but the helmet looked great. It's a safe bet. I think Kentucky's would look awesome with a matte black helmet.

Their black uniforms would look great IMO with a Black metallic helmet with UK logos on the side.

spacer.png

The white facemask helps out a lot.

10101225-large.jpg

As long as Miss. State has maroon helmets, they should never get rid of white facemask. It's just a great look for them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ugh...

Their black uniforms would look great IMO with a Black metallic helmet with UK logos on the side.

I was thinking a matte black helmet with Blue UK and the a blue stripe. Is there any rumors of a black helmet for this weekend?

Ugh...

I was thinking a matte black helmet with Blue UK and the a blue stripe. Is there any rumors of a black helmet for this weekend?

No. If they were going to wear them, they probably would have had them in hand for the pic, isntead of the normal blue ones.

Ugh...

No. If they were going to wear them, they probably would have had them in hand for the pic, isntead of the normal blue ones.

True I just figured maybe they were saving a surprise or they weren't ready yet

Tennessee traditionally (well, 90s to mid 2000s) goes all orange for the game against Vandy.

EDIT: Maybe not! Looking thru Getty, and 1999 and 2001 have Tennessee wearing white pants against Vandy. I know they've worn the all-orange against Vandy though at least a couple times.

No. The only times Tennessee has worn all-orange since Phillip Fulmer took over in 1993 were against Memphis in 1999, the SEC Championship in 2007, and Auburn in 2009 (under Kiffin).

With the exception of the two all-orange games in 1999 and 2007, the orange pants were not seen at home or on the road from 1993-2008, when we went white jerseys/orange pants at UCLA.

Tennessee will not be in black on Saturday.

No. The only times Tennessee has worn all-orange since Phillip Fulmer took over in 1993 were against Memphis in 1999, the SEC Championship in 2007, and Auburn in 2009 (under Kiffin).

With the exception of the two all-orange games in 1999 and 2007, the orange pants were not seen at home or on the road from 1993-2008, when we went white jerseys/orange pants at UCLA.

Tennessee wore orange pants in their candy corn uniforms against my Gamecocks a couple years back.

I also remember them wearing orange pants against Florida & Alabama recently, too.

The white facemask helps out a lot.

10101225-large.jpg

As long as Miss. State has maroon helmets, they should never get rid of white facemask. It's just a great look for them.

I am in love with those maroon helmets. IMO though, Mississippi State should bring a matte white helmet out too.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Tennessee wore orange pants in their candy corn uniforms against my Gamecocks a couple years back.

I also remember them wearing orange pants against Florida & Alabama recently, too.

Re-read the part of my post that you bolded, I was referring to the period between 1993 and 2008.

Since Fulmer left after the 2008 season, we've worn orange pants for every road game, with the exception of 2009 at Kentucky and last week against Alabama. Wore all-orange at home against Auburn in 2009 and orange pants with the black jerseys later that year.

Archived