College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Every year I dream that Halloween weekend, Syracuse shows up wearing Orange and their opponent, usually Louisville like this year or Cincinnati, wear Black. Of course, that'll never happen considering in the Doug Marrone era I don't think we've gone away from orange/navy or white/orange as a combo, save for maybe one home game of orange/navy/white. Our lacrosse team already pulled off a matchup like that, however, but it would've looked a lot better come Halloween time than the first week of April

439x.jpg

But yeah, all you other guys in your silly uniform combinations. We stick with two and two only. Even Notre Dame's got more combos than we do :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the Utah football website says we're blacking out today (that could mean helmet too...ugh). The game is against Oregon State...might we see orange against black for halloween?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hey! Good news and bad news!

Good news: Michigan removed the M logos from the back collar of their home jerseys!

Bad news: There's still some stragglers who still have them on there.... and they're wearing pink accessories.

MichiganMs.jpg

Either they all have them or none of them do. Come on, Michigan. Get it right!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Hey! Good news and bad news!

Good news: Michigan removed the M logos from the back collar of their home jerseys!

Bad news: There's still some stragglers who still have them on there.... and they're wearing pink accessories.

Either they all have them or none of them do. Come on, Michigan. Get it right!

Speaking of Michigan, what's with #21 having a Desmond Howard patch?

Instead of retiring a number, current players can still wear that number. This is Michigan's way of honoring legends without retiring numbers, which is fine with me.

Hmm, that's a pretty interesting idea. I'm still a retired number kind of guy when it comes to all sports (it's cool to see the banners or what have you at stadiums and arenas), but I think that's a neat way to honor legends.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the Utah football website says we're blacking out today (that could mean helmet too...ugh). The game is against Oregon State...might we see orange against black for halloween?

It's going to be interesting...While Devonte has said we're getting black helmets, everything I'm hearing right now indicates that UA has muffed this much like they muffed our uniform unveiling. So dont be too surprised to see the "cherry on top" unis tonight.

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Today's Oregon Uniform: black helmet, yellow jersey, black pants, black socks & shoes

That is a great combination.

** Virginia Tech vs Duke **

I love the new Virginia Tech orange pants, but I don't like their maroon helmet with today's combination. Here is a picture.

** Boston College vs Maryland **

BC - Gold - White - Burgundy pants

Maryland - Black - Black - Red Pants.

** West Virginia vs Rutgers **

West Virginis - Blue - White - Yellow

Rutgers - Black (Red R) - Black - Black

** Florida vs Georgia - Worlds largest cocktail party **

Florida - Orange - Blue - White

Georgia - Red - White - Silver

spacer.png

Strangely enough, I felt like WVU's gold pants looked rather muted, despite the snowy backdrop.

I don't mean to get too off topic, but you might have the best username on the boards. Awesome :D

And Foxxtrot, that's great news if that turns out to be the case. I did NOT want to see Utah in black helmets.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Strangely enough, I felt like WVU's gold pants looked rather muted, despite the snowy backdrop.

I don't mean to get too off topic, but you might have the best username on the boards. Awesome :D

And Foxxtrot, that's great news if that turns out to be the case. I did NOT want to see Utah in black helmets.

I'll do ya one better...barring some shenanigans by the athletics staff, I can confirm there will be red helmets...but with black chin straps.

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived