Clothing Lines

TalktoChuck

Hello there everyone! Me and my friend recently started up a clothing line. It's nothing special (yet) and we are just starting out. But I was wondering if anyone here has/had a clothing line, or prints shirts, or has an interest in clothing lines? I'm sure with all the great designers here that someone has dabbled in the apparel industry.

My clothing line is Lahuv [luhv] Clothing, and you can find all our information below:

Online Store

t_logo-c.png Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-1-2.jpg Untitled-1-3.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

I've always thought about doing it but don't know how to start.

If you aren't the most business savvy person, or just don't want to deal with the hassels of running a business you can always send t-shirt designs into already established clothing lines. There's a website called Mintees where you can post t-shirt designs that you would like to sell. If you're into apparel design it's a really great site to check out.

jNTsTyQ.png

I've also thought about doing this. Of course, I'm in high school so there's no way I could do it now. Although I have considered taking some designs down to the embroidery shop in town and seeing if I can get some shirts printed. Anyone know the average cost of printing out a custom t-shirt? And do you have to like send them a file of a design or give them a flash drive or something?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I've also thought about doing this. Of course, I'm in high school so there's no way I could do it now. Although I have considered taking some designs down to the embroidery shop in town and seeing if I can get some shirts printed. Anyone know the average cost of printing out a custom t-shirt? And do you have to like send them a file of a design or give them a flash drive or something?

It all depends on the shop. If you're gonna use a screen printer service, 99% of the time they are going to have a minimum order and the lowest one I have come across is 24 shirts. The price depends on the shop and the quality of work you are getting. Some shops will do it for a little more than cost, but of course your quality will suffer a bit. And most shops will have you email them the file.

jNTsTyQ.png

I've always thought about doing it but don't know how to start.

If you aren't the most business savvy person, or just don't want to deal with the hassels of running a business you can always send t-shirt designs into already established clothing lines. There's a website called Mintees where you can post t-shirt designs that you would like to sell. If you're into apparel design it's a really great site to check out.

Yeah, probably the best scenario for me, I've thought about approaching my little sis about this, she was smart enough to do her business degree and then graphic design. I stuck with various design disciplines and just sort of lost myself for a bit. Maybe submitting stuff there just to get the hang of it and see the reception I get before I do anything else.

That sort of sounds like a plan, right? Lol.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

your logo reminds me heavily of this:

posted image

Wow, that is pretty close. What company is this for?

Your item descriptions say that the designs are printed on Gildan tees but the images look like American Apparel tees. B)

Yeah, they are printed on Gildan. But the American Apparel template there is the best quality one I can find. I would use model photos but I don't have the budget to hire a photographer and the one's I took look pretty bad. I don't think it is that big of a deal though, you can hardly see the tag and the Gildan's we print on have the same tag shape as American Apparel.

jNTsTyQ.png

posted image

found the image here

http://www.strictlyfitteds.com/blog/2010/06/loweres-x-new-era%E3%80%8Cl-heart%E3%80%8D59fifty-fitted-cap/

I believe it's for Loweres (lower east side) not sure if they're a clothing line or what.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

posted image

found the image here

http://www.strictlyfitteds.com/blog/2010/06/loweres-x-new-era%E3%80%8Cl-heart%E3%80%8D59fifty-fitted-cap/

I believe it's for Loweres (lower east side) not sure if they're a clothing line or what.

Thanks man, I'll look into it.

jNTsTyQ.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine is like a neon green line, I try to keep it where the sun shines the most in the backyard, high enough so the dog can't jump and catch any clothing...lucky enough I am far enough away from the water so it doesn't get that stale smell, you know the smell I am talking about right? I hate that smell, if you don't know what I mean, wash a metal pot and then let it dry in front of an open window, you'll get what I mean soon after.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 3 weeks later...

I have a line of shirts i have the designs laid out in illustrator but didn't know whom to contact to get them printed... I'm sure it would be expensive to get 14 designs at 24 shirts of each design...

You can get good info at tshirtforums.com. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Archived