B1G Pro Combat

TheOneAndOnlyMau

I while testing out my new template i did a bunch of different Penn State concepts and figured it would be cool to make one-off pro combat concepts for each Nike school in the Big Ten. while doing these i wanted to do them as i thought Nike might...that means BFBS, anthracite, other non-official school colors, and trying to give each team a distinctive look. I realize that some of these are a bit out there...

Ive completed 4 so far, (having already posted the PSU one earlier in its own thread) i hope to finish OHIO STATE, MINNESOTA, and PURDUE shortly. Let me know if i missed any schools using nike uniforms

C&C Please

ILLINOIS:

IlliniProCombat2.png

illinoisPC-01.png

IOWA:

IowaProCombat2.png

IowaPC-01.png

MIGHIGAN STATE:

V1

MSUPCconcept.png

V2

MSUPCconcept2.png

MichiganPC-01.png

PENN STATE:

ProCombatSM.png

whiteoutprocombat-01.png

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

These are amazing except for Michigan State. Those are hideous. Just, start over, and think of something different. If anything, remove that horrid helmet stripe.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I actually don't think Michigan State looks that bad, the stripe is supposed to be the head thing on the spartan I assume. I would ditch bronze though and switch back to green. I think you should change the Illini helmet to blue or orange so the feather shows up better. I don't really like Iowa, really weird helmet stripe, and I think the jersey could use some more yellow. Penn State looks great, love the template too I've downloaded both and I'll probably post some of my concepts sometime.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

drdougfresh tirade in 3...2...

Haha yeah im looking forward to that. Hey, i figure its not a good pro combat concept unless it pisses someone off haha

I actually don't think Michigan State looks that bad, the stripe is supposed to be the head thing on the spartan I assume. I would ditch bronze though and switch back to green. I think you should change the Illini helmet to blue or orange so the feather shows up better. I don't really like Iowa, really weird helmet stripe, and I think the jersey could use some more yellow. Penn State looks great, love the template too I've downloaded both and I'll probably post some of my concepts sometime.

The MSU shoulder stripes and helmet stripe are supposed to be abstractions of a spear and the plume, respectively.

as for the illinois helmet, my first concept was exactly what you suggested but, IMO, the white helmet provided a little more contrast

drdougfresh tirade in 3...2...

Haha yeah im looking forward to that. Hey, i figure its not a good pro combat concept unless it pisses someone off haha

Exactly. I like the idea personally, it's really creative. I just think it would have a similar reception with MSU fans to the proposed redesigned logo. Also, as texfischer said, it does need more green. Keep the bronze as a secondary color though, it can be great if used correctly.

These are different. Since I like you, I'll keep it relatively nice-- and as you said, it's not a Pro Combat without someone getting mad. But that, sir, looks like Texas and R2D2 had a baby and called it an MSU Pro Combat. I like the creativity, but what's with the techy helmet stripe? And the only green on that thing is a minor stripe on the shoulders and the socks (unless you count the patch on the front). I hate bronze, as apparently the entire CCSLC knows now, but it's okay in moderation. This takes it a bit too far IMO. It hurts my heart to see this. Haha.

As for C&C on it-- try making it a green-out with the bronze. As much as I hate the color-- it could look kinda spiffy.

Edit: seeing that you did the stripe to look like the Spartan head is creative, but from the front I think it looks something like markings on R2D2. :grin:

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! drdoug, i knew youd hate it but i love the bronze color so i just decided to go all out with it. I can see how the helmet could be confusing, shouldve specified the intent there.

Im working on Purdue now, i hope to have it up in a bit.

PURDUE

for purdue, i wanted to go all black, i think it looks really sleek and sharp, especially when you can pull it off without the BFBS label.

I wanted to give Purdue a truly unique look, so i drew inspiration from the form of the university's Engineering Fountain for the shoulder and pant stripes. I used the metallic silver along with the old gold to establish a link to the schools rich engineering history.

PurdueProCombat.png

PurduePC-01.png

That's freaking amazing. They should have switched to these.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

thanks for the feedback everyone! im surprised the purdue set was accepted with open arms

OHIO STATE:

this was the first one that i really seemed to be stumped by. I had no clue where to start (couldnt go throwback- thats been done twice for OSU) so i approached this one as i did with Penn State: keep it simple and stick to the roots of an already fantastic set. (never complemented OSU before, kinda stings...)

anyway, i decided to not go too far out of the box for this one, but threw in a bit of AFAS, just to adhere to the Nike design manual. Also strayed away from the silver helmet and tried something new and different with the sleeve stripe. The numbers are the shiny metallic silver material instead of flat white

OSUProCombat.png

OhioStatePC-01.png

What do you think?

Hope to have minnesota up sometime tomorrow and then ill go back and change anything im not happy with

Archived