Steelers Throwback Uniform in 2011?

Edge

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a pile of poop

I agree.

Actually I liked the throwbacks, however true to life they are to the real ones.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Honestly, I think that look is fantastic, and I'm a Steelers fan. The gold helmet and white pants really pop, and it's just a nice change of pace for a team that has kept their look essentially the same since the 70s (yes, I hate the numbers too, but it could be worse)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I, for one, actually don't mind the Futura Italic numbers. In fact, over the years, I've come to prefer them. There, I said it. Sure, they could probably stand to be a tad bit thicker--and Lord knows they need to shrink those sleeve stripes--but overall, I think the Futura adds just enough of a modern touch to keep them looking fresh.

And...it's not like there's no precedent for them, nor is it some random PFPS font (proprietary for proprietary's sake), a la the Chargers, Falcons, and Jaguars. They've been using Futura helmet numbers way back since the '70s, so there's that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I, for one, actually don't mind the Futura Italic numbers. In fact, over the years, I've come to prefer them. There, I said it. Sure, they could probably stand to be a tad bit thicker--and Lord knows they need to shrink those sleeve stripes--but overall, I think the Futura adds just enough of a modern touch to keep them looking fresh.

And...it's not like there's no precedent for them, nor is it some random PFPS font (proprietary for proprietary's sake), a la the Chargers, Falcons, and Jaguars. They've been using Futura helmet numbers way back since the '70s, so there's that.

Buc sums up my feelings as well

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I agree, but I think they should unitalicize them. That way the helmet and jersey numbers match.

talicizing the Futura numbers ruins them and breaks the connection to the helmet.

I don't like them, but if Nike hadn't italicized them they might have been okay.

You can't completely blame Nike. It was the Rooney's that approved the look and Reebok could've changed them back to block letters. But the italicized numbers do look horrible....beyond horrible.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

talicizing the Futura numbers ruins them and breaks the connection to the helmet.

I don't like them, but if Nike hadn't italicized them they might have been okay.

You can't completely blame Nike. It was the Rooney's that approved the look and Reebok could've changed them back to block letters. But the italicized numbers do look horrible....beyond horrible.

I agree. Also, no need for the apostrophe in Rooneys. You don't add an apostrophe to pluralize names.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think they're going to wear them against the Browns again, but the Browns need to chip in with a throwback uniform too. Looks odd and there's no reason they can't both do it.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

I think they're going to wear them against the Browns again, but the Browns need to chip in with a throwback uniform too. Looks odd and there's no reason they can't both do it.

That's the Dec 8th mentioned above. :-P

Right I thought so. We really need to also get a throwback. Maybe that way it will look appropriate when we beat them. :D

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

They do, TheClevelandHockey. It just hasn't been worn on the field since the 2008 season.

They couldn't wear their current thowbacks against the Steelers' throwbacks because both are dark jerseys. The Browns would have to get a white thowback instead, which would probably make more sense for them anyway considering they mostly have worn white at home.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived