Funkatron101

Houston Rockets, Upgrade or Downgrade?

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like the 76ers thread, this is a recolor and simplification of their 90s logo. Might be a tougher sell, but I know many don't like their current logo.

A. rockets.jpg

Vs. Current Logo

B. 8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif

Like the 76ers thread, this is a recolor and simplification of their 90s logo. Might be a tougher sell, but I know many don't like their current logo.

A. rockets.jpg

Vs. Current Logo

B. 8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif

UPGRADE

A. rockets.jpg

vs.

vr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gif

DOWNGRADE

It's alright, but the rocket looks kind of boring just being gray. Also taking out the face is good, but now the rocket is lacking any detail.

Not a fan of the logo you made. The colors are well, awful.

I'm not sure that I would like this concept if you gave it any other color combination anyway, because I'm not a fan of that logo at all.

The sharp angles in the wordmark clash with the mostly curved and streamline features of the basketball and rocket.

Recolor sucks to be completely honest.. Can you keep all your recolors in one topic too if you don't mind? And dont make these polls so everytime someone votes it gets bumped to the top. Takes away from the designers that actually put time into their work.

That's 90s rockets logo in the powder blue is a thing of beauty!

Recolor sucks to be completely honest.. Can you keep all your recolors in one topic too if you don't mind? And dont make these polls so everytime someone votes it gets bumped to the top. Takes away from the designers that actually put time into their work.

Totally disagree - the recolor looks great, and red/yellow/gray is a perfect color scheme for the rockets.

And just because a designer puts time into his work, doesn't mean the product is going to look good. I would say funkatrons recolors look better than the majority of concepts made from scratch here. it's actually refreshing.

That's 90s rockets logo in the powder blue is a thing of beauty!

I made 2 total. I don't plan on making any more, and quite frankly, this forum isn't active enough to harp on such a thing.

Not a fan of the logo you made. The colors are well, awful.

I'm not sure that I would like this concept if you gave it any other color combination anyway, because I'm not a fan of that logo at all.

The sharp angles in the wordmark clash with the mostly curved and streamline features of the basketball and rocket.

I'm not a huge fan of the logo either. I just wanted to take a shot at simplifying it to see if it suffered the same overuse of elements like many other 90s logos.

The 90's in general have unsalvageable logos. Look at what the 90's replaced:

eigv3ra8cjkojrywrgcvy6z29.gif

If any team needs a neo-retro makeover, it's the Rockets.

I honestly don't understand that logo. If this was a fan concept everyone would point out the noticeable flaws and the lack of emphasis on anything relating to the brand.

It's got nostalgic appeal, but I personally don't think it is a good logo.

A question for those who hate the current logo. What specifically is so off-putting about it?

A question for those who hate the current logo. What specifically is so off-putting about it?

For starters, it's ugly and boring as :censored:.

I would rank the Rockets primary logo as the 5 worst current primary logos in the NBA without hesitation.

I disagree, and I don't understand how people can say that the current logo is boring, but this is somehow better.

This logo just comes off as extremely generic and in no way references the fact the team is named the rockets or that they play in Houston.

I disagree, and I don't understand how people can say that the current logo is boring, but this is somehow better.

This logo just comes off as extremely generic and in no way references the fact the team is named the rockets or that they play in Houston.

Oh, I never said their old logo was that great, either. I'm just saying that their current one sucks.

The thing that their old logo had going for it was liveliness. Just seeing that logo makes me somewhat interested in the team. Their current logo makes me want to go to sleep.

Well, this is my attempt at a neo-retro Houston Rockets logo:

6240067842_93e336d6a9_b.jpg

Improves upon the original, while keeping elements like the color scheme and the script logos.

Now THAT'S a logo I can live with!

I think it would be better if you made the yellow brighter and get a little bit better qualitily it makes it look bland because its not as sharp as it should be.