Miami Marlins Jersey Concepts

blase

1. You're using a raglan template with set-in pinstripes. That should be fixed. Either one would work, but I think that set-in is more typically used with full-chest wordmarks (it's not a rule though.)

2. There's no black on your primary home and away uniform, yet the cap is black. It looks odd. There should be black incorporated somewhere, or the cap should be changed.

3. The wordmarks look unmatched because yellow is the outer-most outline on the home set which makes the whole thing look thinner than the road one which has a darker color on the outside. One way or the other should be used.

4. There's a weird shadow effect going on with the wordmarks and sleeve logo. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but it doesn't look right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1. You're using a raglan template with set-in pinstripes. That should be fixed. Either one would work, but I think that set-in is more typically used with full-chest wordmarks (it's not a rule though.)

2. There's no black on your primary home and away uniform, yet the cap is black. It looks odd. There should be black incorporated somewhere, or the cap should be changed.

3. The wordmarks look unmatched because yellow is the outer-most outline on the home set which makes the whole thing look thinner than the road one which has a darker color on the outside. One way or the other should be used.

4. There's a weird shadow effect going on with the wordmarks and sleeve logo. Not sure if that's intentional or not, but it doesn't look right.

Thanks, good feedback. I'll keep tinkering and take this on board. I must confess though I don't understand what you are saying with the whole raglan set-in pinstripe thing???

Thanks, good feebaack. I'll keep tinkering and take this on board. I must confess though I don't understand what you are saying with the whole raglan set-in pinstripe thing???

Look at the Yankees and Cubs sleeves vs the Phillies and White Sox.

Your template has the lines like a Yankees/Cubs jersey, but your pinstripes are in a pattern like the Phillies and White Sox.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is pretty well done. For what you've been given to work with, you've done a nice job a limiting the terribleness of the Marlins new identity. And I'm guessing the Miami at home, Marlins on the road is a guess at the next stupid thing they will do to their set? :P

But in all seriousness, this is a very good concept. I'm not sure if this is a concept for quality or a concept that is a guess at what their uniform set will look like, but it's well done nonetheless.

My only suggestion would be to find a base color. Pick one color for the home and road scripts and IMO a black alternate seems unwarranted given the lack of black in the regular home and roads. I think powder or orange would be more appropriate.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Update in first post.

Very nice job on the updates. It would be nice to see them (at least the jerseys) a little larger like your originals were.

^^^^ Exactly what I was thinking. To fix that, I'd like to see you do a teal alternate with Orange writing instead of the black.

Also, you probably wouldn't be able to use the Marlins logo without incorporating the yellow into the uniforms as well. That's the same gripe I have with the OKC Thunder (amongst many other things).

Is it just me or is the first set road uniform teal and the others as well as the updates more blueish? I'd like to see teal kept instead of the blue.

Overall, you did an excellen job with these uniforms. They scream Miami while keeping the Marlins traditional colors somewhat still intact. Good job!

Hey all. Thanks for the continued feedback. I see I have a few things to work on.

The city name/team name thing was not intentional, that's just me not doing my research first. I will keep working with the colours but I was trying to work things in gently so I didn't end up with uniforms that looked like rainbows.

I chose a black set because I used the image below to start me off and I wondered if that was a clue that black was going to be a significant colour in their logos/unis. I do admitt it looks very Mets which is now really bugging me.

3f4808b525a42a0bb340252.jpg

Will post a few other colour options.

Archived