Tim E. NHL series

TimEOBrien

Constructive Doug... :P

Is the problem the multitude of logos or the fact that they're all different. My idea was inspired by Chris Mason's pads and they feature just as many logos (though they're all the same logo...) and I think they're pretty badass. And no matter what the issues you may have are, I thought my leg pads would get a pretty positive response, nothing?

How about the template, good, bad, indifferent? And I'd still appreciate C&C on my WC unis.

I think the issue with the leg pads is that the Leafs logo has much more detail than the Jets, and also features text. Without the text may do the trick for these. The jerseys however are great.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus:

Yesterday, OhioSportsMan61 came across this image in a Columbus Blue Jackets' promotional video. The logo seen there has never been used but after seeing it I decided to replicate it and model my jerseys after it.

AS you can see, the new logo is the sleeve patch and the crest from the BJs' current third uni gets a bit of a redesign and recoloring.

The fonts on both logos and the uniform are inspired from the image OhioSportsMan61 found. The logo and crest both feature what I'll call the condensed version, while the name and numerals (which you can see the numerals on the image from the video and they appear to be close to the current third's numbers) are a taller, more legible version.

One of the few consistent things in Columbus has been the blue yoke/sleeve combo stripe that graces both home and road as well as the red pants, so in honor of tradition, I keep them. The hem and sock stripes, however, are all new and inspired by the sleeve patch.

BlueJackets_Display_3.jpg

I really loved this concept...until I realized you're still using the third jersey font. Get that crap out of an otherwise awesome concept. Seriously good stuff, and a realistic change, really.

Appreciate the compliment but let me just clear up one thing, I'm not using the third jersey font. I said above that the numeral font on the image looked to me like the numbers from the third jersey BUT the font I used on all my logos, numbers and name is a font i created last night based off the original image.

Here is my font:

Columbus_Font_1.jpg

As you can see, I went off of the original image but the "3" "Johnson" and blue "Columbus Blue Jackets" are all a slightly different font from the red "Columbus Blue Jackets" which is what I used on the logo and crest.

If you still don't like it, that's fine, to each his own, but I was just looking for some consistency in my design and I want to be clear that this is a new font. :grin:

Nice job on the Jackets' concept Tim!

I like how the jersey striping matches the design of the alternate badge logo. Which is a great logo by the way. You should consider doing an alt uniform using that logo...

The one problem I have with the whole thing is the 7 as others have mentioned. It doesn't look too bad on paper(especially next to the other numbers) but on the actually jersey, it's pretty horrendous.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I think you've nailed it Tim.

The new '7' looks great.

The only thing I'd like to see, would be how these sweaters would look with the logos 'swapped' all around.

I think that your chevron logo is a stronger primary logo,

and the large white area of the cannon logo would better match the contrasting white sleeves of the third, IMO.

Very nicely done.

Nice job on the unis. My only problem with this concept, is the amount of red in the primary logo, and the fact that the name 'Blue Jackets' is written on a red banner.

I considered that but the ribbon you speak of has a layer of depth with the navy tails at either end. Those tails need to be darker than the rest of the ribbon in order to make sense and without adding another color into the mix, red was my only option.

It's not like I'm putting them in red unis, they're still wearing blue, but I just felt it had to be that way, the Blackhawks wear a crest that doesn't predominantly feature red, white or black and yet no one has a problem with them wearing the Indian head. I like how the red looks and while I understand your point, I don't think it is so inconsistent with the team identity that it needs to be changed.

Archived