NHL Favorite Players

rmackman

NHL.com on Facebook is offering "Fan Banners" now. I started goofing off with it, and decided to make a starting lineup of my favorite hockey players growing up. Feel free to make your own lineups. Also, yes I know Vanbiesbrouck is spelled wrong, but that's all the room I had. Just a side note....make sure they're mostly positionally correct. Having any forwards in the top 3 is fine. Don't go putting a forward in the goalie spot or in the defenseman spot.

BannerLine.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

133776_crop_340x234.jpgsergeifedorov.jpgt_37107.jpg

zdenochara-card-4.jpg111019_karlsson.jpg

ray.jpg

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Here's my line of favorites:

Retiring-Kariya-had-rocket-speed-and-focus-VJ6QB9J-x-large.jpg

52_sidney_crosby.jpg

Iginla.jpg

article_32808_2.jpg

Ray%252520Bourque.jpg

jean-sebastien-giguere.jpg

Honorable Mentions (no particular order)

- Joe Sakic

- Evgeni Nabokov

- Patrick Roy

- Sean Burke

- Ruslan Salei

- Keith Tkachuk

- Anson Carter

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

My unrepentant choices despite potential accusations of homerism:

Brendan Shanahan/Steve Yzerman/Darren McCarty

Nicklas Lidstrom/Chris Chelios

Mike Vernon

Yep, no homerism there! :P

Well, like I said: unrepentant. Those actually are the guys I'd pick as my favorites. They're the ones I loved watching growing up, and they were/are legitimately good to great players.

My Honorable Mentions:

Roenick, Tkachuk, Selanne, Iginla, Forsberg, Larionov, Datsyuk, Borque, Konstantinov, Hasek, Ryan Miller

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Mike Vernon

Well, like I said: unrepentant. Those actually are the guys I'd pick as my favorites. They're the ones I loved watching growing up, and they were/are legitimately good to great players.

My Honorable Mentions:

Roenick, Tkachuk, Selanne, Iginla, Forsberg, Larionov, Datsyuk, Borque, Konstantinov, Hasek, Ryan Miller

Not sure if anybody would put Darren McCarty in the good to great category.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Mike Vernon

My Honorable Mentions:

Obviously he wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but he was good at what he did at the height of his career.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Some definite homerism here. Good thing it's "Favorite Players."

CENTER #27

Jeremy Roenick

RIGHT WING #10

Pavel Bure

LEFT WING #20

Luc Robitaille

DEFENSEMAN #7

Chris Chelios

DEFENSEMAN #2

Al MacInnins

GOALIE #30

Ed Belfour

Mike Vernon

My Honorable Mentions:

Probably not "great", but McCarty was a "good" player, as far as filling his role. I think any team in the mid-to-late 90s would've killed to have a guy like Mac. He was productive point-wise for a year or two, but his role wasn't necessarily to score, although coincidentally, he had some very clutch goals in Wings history.

Archived