2012 MLB sRGB-Optimized Graphics

TruColor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle Mariners are up:

Seattle Mariners

And Swiss - please take down that link. I'm not kidding when I say that the MLB lawyers will be all over you.

It is already down but you are still keepIng the link up because you quoted it.

And it is very hard that the MLB sharks will contact me because I'm so far of the States. And I never used pro sports logos for making some personal profit.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

It is already down but you are still keepIng the link up because you quoted it.

And it is very hard that the MLB sharks will contact me because I'm so far of the States. And I never used pro sports logos for making some personal profit.

Well, someone else with bad intentions could go to that URL and download. That's why you shouldn't so such things.

It is already down but you are still keeping the link up because you quoted it.

Well, someone else with bad intentions could go to that URL and download. That's why you shouldn't so such things.

OK, OK, thank you for warning me about it. :)

pennants.png

Whoa, something happened here.

Interesting contrast between flat/metallic grey/silver for the M's. Would you by chance have the graphics from the late '80s/early '90s set? The one that almost no one likes?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Interesting contrast between flat/metallic grey/silver for the M's. Would you by chance have the graphics from the late '80s/early '90s set? The one that almost no one likes?

I'm failing to see the difference between the two. I know the difference would be quite obvious on the fabric in true physical form, but to me they look the same on the blog.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I'm failing to see the difference between the two. I know the difference would be quite obvious on the fabric in true physical form, but to me they look the same on the blog.

Could be your monitor. Try Adobe Gamma, unless you have access to a professional calibration system.

You know, none of the graphics pre-1993 have been ever been officially converted to digital (re:vector). Apparently, the Cooperstown Collection series was de-funded prior to completing the Mariners.

Here's a cap logo graphic I have - not sure how "official" this is, but the colors are correct:

SeattleMariners_CAP1a_1987-1992_SCC_SRGB.png

I find it interesting that the styleguides don't include helmet graphics, which I bring up because Seattle uses a white outline on their helmet logo rather than the northwest green outline on the cap logo.

They don't have the Yankees' helmet logo either, but then again they don't even have the Yankee cap logo.

You know, none of the graphics pre-1993 have been ever been officially converted to digital (re:vector). Apparently, the Cooperstown Collection series was de-funded prior to completing the Mariners.

Here's a cap logo graphic I have - not sure how "official" this is, but the colors are correct:

SeattleMariners_CAP1a_1987-1992_SCC_SRGB.png

Mmmhhh... maybe I'm finding a flaw in the vector work: let's watch on the left side of the upper section... it's kind of lack of adjusting the curve nod... I don't how to explain it clearly. :huh:

pennants.png

CW, maybe this is the right place to ask, do you ever put these logos up in vector format? I've often found myself wishing this site (CCSL) used vectors for logos so they could be more easily used in concepts. Do you have a deal with MLB that prevents you from posting the vector files online?

Grunge-Logos.png

CW, maybe this is the right place to ask, do you ever put these logos up in vector format? I've often found myself wishing this site (CCSL) used vectors for logos so they could be more easily used in concepts. Do you have a deal with MLB that prevents you from posting the vector files online?

There's no deal...it's just unethical. And - according to the MLB - illegal.

There's no deal...it's just unethical. And - according to the MLB - illegal.

Gotcha. So just promising on Scout's Honor not to use the vectors for anything other than personal use won't cut the mustard? It's too bad because I've found myself wishing for vector MLB logos for use in a concept. Oh well, you're still doing great work for the rest of us freeloaders!

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived