NFL Week 12

Kramerica Industries

Old logos, modernized crap powder blues.

The modernized powder blues are their best powder blues, IMO.

Can't agree with you. There's nothing about the new ones that is better than either the throwbacks or the uniforms that inspired them.

Goofy number font, pointless outlines, backwards bolts, if there was a wrong choice to be made it's present in the Chargers' alts.

Can't agree with you. There's nothing about the new ones that is better than either the throwbacks or the uniforms that inspired them.

The modern helmet is light years better then the "throwemback" model.

Navy facemask trumps grey facemask and no goofy number on the side of the modern one either.

The biggest issue with the entire Chargers set is the navy pants and that goofy-ass wide white stripe on the side of them. It litreally ruins the road uniform.

Should have just kept the old navy pants. They were cool.

The silhouetted horse inside the shield is a favorite of mine.

hinooehlb07wrotq26b2pvpey.gif

That's a favorite of mine too, and I'm sure most remember that pre-2007 and during AFL-50 in 2009 when they wore their real 60s based throwbacks, that was the logo they'd paint at mid-field.

The biggest issue with the entire Chargers set is the navy pants and that goofy-ass wide white stripe on the side of them. It litreally ruins the road uniform.

>>>>>

The mostly all-navy blue socks which add as an extension to those navy pants don't do them much justice either. Those socks are all wrong with blue pants.

Old logos, modernized crap powder blues.

The modernized powder blues are their best powder blues, IMO.

Goofy number font, pointless outlines, backwards bolts, if there was a wrong choice to be made it's present in the Chargers' alts.

By backwards I assume you mean opposite the helmet bolts. While I agree it looks better when the bolts "agree", some old Chargers unis were the same way and, apparently, some weren't (bottom pic). But I agree on everything else and would add the use of the powder blue outline in their primaries. I wish they'd go back to the Pacific Blue.

159_John_Hadl_football_card.jpg

HadlSmall.jpg

Always found it interesting that on some versions of their unis the bolts met in the middle and went opposite directions on front and back.

dan-fouts.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The modern helmet is light years better then the "throwemback" model.

Hurrah!

Navy facemask trumps grey facemask and no goofy number on the side of the modern one either.

I disagree. I'm not a fan of numbers on the side of helmets, and grey facemasks are a divisive issue. That being said, these elements that shouldn't work somehow do on the Chargers' throwback uniforms. It all comes together.

No, they don't. The white inserts on the navy pants/jerseys to contain the bolts are one of the few things the current uniform does right. I realize I'm in a minority on this one, but I prefer the bolts to be contained in contrasting inserts. So if the bolt goes on blue it should be contained in white or gold. If the bolt goes on white it should be contained in blue. Again, a lot of people disagree, but that's my preference.

Archived