Philly sports teams

Korkie

Just wondering what everyone thought of the current uniform sets of the Philadelphia teams and what improvements are out there. Since I see alot of these teams I should lend my opinion:

- Eagles: Perfect, Perfect, Perfect. The only thing I would change is make the numbers on the black alternates green w/ white shawdowing so if would look different on tv then the greens.

-Phillies: Classy if not plain. The roads are dull and they need more blue. Maybe they should make the P on the cap blue or atleast out line it in blue and outline the script in blue. I would like to see them go back to the old white with no pinstripes, but blue and red piping with the red script highlighted in blue along with the blue cap with red P and red brim.

-Sixers: Need to go back to the Sir Charles days. Loved the old whites with the blue lettering. Take a note from the Pistons and go "modern retro". I like the current blue alternates but the blacks are boring and I can't stand the number style. I think the Sixers script is too busy and loaded.

-Flyers: The whites and blacks are much better than the orange alterante that looks like a DOT crew filling a highway pothole. Logo is getting to be timeless but dated at the same time since I am not sure what you can do with the "Flyers" nickname without going WW2 baron with it and ditching the black and orange which is near impossible to do now.

-Phantoms: clever logo to show Flyers affiliation

-Soul: name sucks, logo is ok, helmet color stinks, just make it black and be done with it.

Your thoughts???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

-Sixers: Need to go back to the Sir Charles days. Loved the old whites with the blue lettering. Take a note from the Pistons and go "modern retro". I like the current blue alternates but the blacks are boring and I can't stand the number style. I think the Sixers script is too busy and loaded.

I like that idea. The Sixers need a new image and probably a new franchise player. If they could change both of those problems then maybe just maybe some players would want to play in Philly again.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Sixers: I know AI's jersey was a top seller a few years ago but their logo just screams 1990's - too busy and too many colors. Ironically i think they should go back to the mid-90's unis - iverson's rookie jersey. The font for the name and numbers are perfect and have a colonial feel to it. I wouldn't mind going back to an updated 1983 championship uniform either...definitely should go back to red white and blue.

Phillies: I know their unis harken back to the 50's, but it's boring. It's not horrible, but its not memorable or distinctive either. Not a fan of the curvy numbers and the blue is used as an afterthought. Actually they should go maroon. It would be more distinctive - and set the phils apart from all the other teams that use primary red. The maroon is a strong bold color and works well with a (gasp) powder blue.

Flyers: Not a big hockey fan...but when I think of the flyers, I think of orange as the primary color. I would reverse the set back to having the black jerseys as the alternate. I don't have a problem with the logo itself - I like the simplicity of it. I hate the current orange alternates with the silver and 3-D effects.

Eagles: Close to perfect. Ditch the black alternates. I like what they got, but I wouldn't mind seeing them reincorporating silver into their scheme more. How about a return to silver pants and slightly more noticeable silver lining on the numbers?

Eagles: Perfect, but use the black alt twice a year always with green pants

Phillies: Everything the same, just a red alt or make everything red into maroon

Sixers: Stick witht he blue jerseys and they look good.'

Flyers: Should go back to the orange, the black looks damn good but after seeing highlights of the old orange jerseys they looked much better than these current alts.

I'm gonna go to the other side of pennsylvania as well:

Steeler: Classic, the yellow alt is interesting but all yellow wouldnt work, so maybe some white pants are in order.

Penguins: There current uniform set is amazing, if they were in the playoffs this year and were in the national spotlight, everyone would realize how cool and modern they look.

Pirates: I hate baseball and the pirates, but these are some of the best looking jerseys in baseball.

signature.gif

I liked the old eagles better. The Kelly green with the silver. Those black jerseys should all be burned as well as the person who came up with them.

The Flyers (and everyone else) should ditch Orange. Orange should never be a color for a sports team.

Phillies is fine.

Sixers should go back to the early 1980's white and red's with sixers across the chest.

flyers- go back to the old orange at home, change the alt. to black with orange shoulders.

76ers- the logo and unis are fine. just use the current logo as the word mark on the jerseys (they are the 76ers, not the 6ers) and us the alt. star/76 logo as teh primary.

eagles- perfcet

philies- dont really know that much about their unis to say

Phillies: Keep 'em as is. Simple, classic. The maroon and light blue of the 70s was awful.

Eagles. Add silver pants and this would be the best uniform in football.

Sixers: Go back to the 80s, but modernize it. The "SIXERS" across the front back then was classic.

Flyers: Update the logo. It needs something. Go back to orange instead of black or at least add more orange to the black jersey. The whites are fine.

Okay, you want MY opining? After all, they are my hometown teams.

• Phillies: Granted they have moved into a new house where they have nicknamed Citizens' Bank Park "The Vault" (for all the $$$ they'll be making off concessions, luxury boxes and parking), but these unis have stuck with me for more than a decade, and I am a tradionalist, so we'll let it be. Also have the best mascot in sports...and I know the guy in the suit!
  • Eagles: Get rid of those green pants for heaven's sake! When they wore them for a Monday Night disaster in '96 vs. the 49ers at The Vet with the green helmets and jerseys, they looked like a humongous bunch of pickles. I've grown to like the jersey color they have now, and the black alternate looks awesome. Maybe using silver pants with the white jersey would be better in about five years.
  • 76ers: Okay, I do like the red, white and blue. But throw in the black, gold and silver, compliments of Pat Croce, then-team president, and we have a neo-classicial beauty. I don't see them changing until 2010 at the earliest.
  • Flyers: I think the orange alternate is going to be the pattern for the next set of black and white sweaters/jerseys within the next year or two (right now, I don't seeing them changing for 2004-05 due to the possible lockout, as with all of the NHL teams). Silver is a perfect addition to the color set, no other sports team that I know of in any of the four major sports uses black, orange AND silver the way the Flyers do.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I liked the old eagles better.  The Kelly green with the silver.  Those black jerseys should all be burned as well as the person who came up with them.

I agree here. I think I'm the only one that doesn't like the Eagles jerseys. The green is fine...but I don't like the number font. It's just...weird. And the black jerseys, burn them, NOW.

The Flyers (and everyone else) should ditch Orange.  Orange should never be a color for a sports team.

Now, THIS...means war. What's wrong with orange?!

And yes, the Sixers should go back to red, white, and blue. I like the Phillies' jerseys, but the number font...not as much.

Steelers, go back to the old number font, and change nothing else. Ever. Pens, forgive me, I don't see much hockey...but do they still have the black jersey with the diagonal lettering? (The one Snoop Dogg wears in the Gin and Juice video?) I liked that one. Pirates...I love the Pirates jerseys. They're perfect.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Flyers: I agree that they should go back to the orange jersey as their primary dark (home) jerseys. Black 3rd jerseys with the same logo are already used by other teams (blackhawks, sharks, senators).

And what's wrong with orange??? Jeez there's only so many colors out there. A team has to set its look apart.

Archived