Denver Broncos Update

swilson160

First concept in a while, and one that has been percolating in my head for some time. I'm glad the Broncos are going to the orange jerseys full-time at home next year, but there's still something wrong: the navy blue. It looks too much like the Bears, and even if they did win two championships in navy, royal and orange will always be the Broncos colors to me. Plus, that combo is unique in the NFL.

Instead of just a straight recolor, I decided to take elements from different eras. I kept the current logo, wordmark and font. The logo is a classic and the best in team history, and the font is very distinctively a Broncos element. I changed the colors to the 80s-90s royal and orange, and added the helmet striping from the same era. I then adopted the jersey style from the late '60s with the contrasting shoulders. I added an orange facemask to help re-emphasize the orange, and white and blue pants with striping to match the helmet. And, of course, striped socks.

Thoughts?

Broncos-Concept-1.png

Blue helmet, orange facemask combo looks very amateur. I also don't like the contrast of that specific jersey design and the classic pants stripe. Even though it's historically a "fauxback", the jersey sleeves are way too progressive for the pants design. I'd definitely like to see the identity fused just a bit more...a new pants design and white facemask, and you might have a winner.

I don't like the orange facemask, I would go with blue to match the helmet. I too am not a fan of the navy, but I think instead of going back to that faded royal blue you should do a more vibrant royal blue. Their old blue always looked like it had been sitting in the sun for a couple of years. I think you could definitely do something more progressive with the helmet and pants striping. The current helmet striping isn't bad, it's the pants and jersey side panels of the current look that need to go.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Blue helmet, orange facemask combo looks very amateur. I also don't like the contrast of that specific jersey design and the classic pants stripe. Even though it's historically a "fauxback", the jersey sleeves are way too progressive for the pants design. I'd definitely like to see the identity fused just a bit more...a new pants design and white facemask, and you might have a winner.

Like he said, this is basically a Jets jersey. They wear pants with the same classic stripes and it works just fine. There's nothing progressive about those jersey stripes.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hard to descirbe, but the logo just seems too complex for striping that simple on the jersey. Also, hard to describe, but I feel like the logo looks odd in such dull shades of blue and orange, and that it would really pop with brighter shades. Also I think a white facemask would look the best here.

Sorry if you can't understand what I'm saying. I don't know a lot about football aesthetics compared to my knowledge of other sports, so it's hard to put into words.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I like the orange facemask. I'd do something about the shoulder patches, though. I'd have to see it on the field. Also, I might consider going with a slightly bolder shade of blue. The one you have here is knocking on gray/purple's door. Or maybe it's just my computer screen.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

I think that your concept would look better if all the blue was navy instead. That's probably in large part because of the logo that's being used. Right now, it just looks like the current logo had it's colors washed out.

I think that your concept would look better if all the blue was navy instead. That's probably in large part because of the logo that's being used. Right now, it just looks like the current logo had it's colors washed out.

I agree. That's part of what I was trying to say but I couldn't really describe before.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

OK, first update.

- Did what I should have done in the first place and used Colorwerx's RGB values, so the colors look much brighter and not at all washed out (I used the RGBs from a different uniform site in the first draft).

- Altered the sleeve color and stripe to better reflect what they are supposed to look like on-field.

- I tried different facemask colors, but I think the white looks too cheap and the blue just doesn't appeal to me as much as the orange. I included the other facemask versions of the helmet, as well as a few recolors for fun.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Broncos-Conceptv2.png

Broncos-Conceptv2_Helmets.png

The colors look great in that update. I could see the Broncos going with something like this is they ever decided to an era-mix to their uniforms. Not sold on any of the alternate helmets that aren't blue, but since you said they were just for fun, they could get a pass. For the facemask, I think both the white and orange ones look good, but my personnal favorite is the orange one.

The colors look great in that update. I could see the Broncos going with something like this is they ever decided to an era-mix to their uniforms. Not sold on any of the alternate helmets that aren't blue, but since you said they were just for fun, they could get a pass. For the facemask, I think both the white and orange ones look good, but my personnal favorite is the orange one.

Thanks. I'm by no means sold on the other helmets either, but I thought it would be fun to see the options. The white with blue facemask works pretty well, and the orange with white facemask would be a decent fauxback to the old orange-helmet days.

I will say that, if Nike gets the NFL to approve college-style multiple uni/helmet combos (which I don't expect them to do), I like this set for the Broncos--I'm going to add an orange jersey and pants for kicks, so they have white/blue/orange options for each component, and mix-and-matching fun for all.

I will say that, if Nike gets the NFL to approve college-style multiple uni/helmet combos (which I don't expect them to do), I like this set for the Broncos--I'm going to add an orange jersey and pants for kicks, so they have white/blue/orange options for each component, and mix-and-matching fun for all.

Here's that. I don't advocate this for an NFL team, but I feel like most of these elements would mix and match quite well.

All-Components.png

The blue helmet, blue face mask is the best looking one. The blue helmet white face mask is also a good choice, but orange face mask just looks weird to me. And the orange and white helmets don't really look that good at all. The logo looks really bad with the colors swapped, that's why when the logo is on a white background they just add a blue outline to it instead of swapping the blue and white.

The jersey and pants however, look amazing. This is what I feel the Broncos should go to. My only change to the uniforms would be to switch the blue and orange stripes on the white pants and socks.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived