MLB Winter Meetings Logo

kmccarthy27

I'm guessing Studio Simon. I like it. I'm really bummed he hasn't kept up his blog for about a year now. Ever since the flap with Old Hat, it hasn't been active. I really hope this board didn't contribute to the lack of posts.it was a nice alternative to the "buy stuff" trend over at the clink room.

While these are nice logos, I have to wonder why they bother to make them unique every year.

I'm kind of amazed that MLB commissions a design team to create a logo for the Winter Meetings, an event that is pretty small and exclusive.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Actually, the winter meetings are a pretty big event that encompasses all of the baseball world. Not just the majors but all affiliated minor league clubs (not sure about the independent leagues). Just about every WM logo since it's inception has been designed by Studio Simon, with the exception of this years armadillo thing. I think it shows - it lacks the craftsmanship and polish that Dan consistently brings.

While these are nice logos, I have to wonder why they bother to make them unique every year.

I'm kind of amazed that MLB commissions a design team to create a logo for the Winter Meetings, an event that is pretty small and exclusive.

Now this comment is hilarious. I'm a minor league executive spending the week at the Hilton Anatole, and I can tell you this event is anything but "small." Most of the business here is conducted by the minor league organizations, despite the big league news that develops. As far as exclusivity, any fan is welcome to roam the lobby with the rest of the executives. It's kind of a baseball bizarro world, for fan. Just walking to meetings today, I've run into Tommy Lasorda, Bobby Valentine, Jed Hoyer, Joe Girardi, Dusty Baker, Jim Leyland, Kirk Gibson and countless others. Yesterday, I was waiting in line at Starbuck's, and Joe Torre was in front of me. Ken Rosenthal is getting all his scoops from the lobby (and I don't think he's slept in the last 4 days). There are also a ton of fans here, and a gigantic trade show. It's quite a remarkable event, deserving of it's own unique annual logo.

Actually, the winter meetings are a pretty big event that encompasses all of the baseball world. Not just the majors but all affiliated minor league clubs (not sure about the independent leagues). Just about every WM logo since it's inception has been designed by Studio Simon, with the exception of this years armadillo thing. I think it shows - it lacks the craftsmanship and polish that Dan consistently brings.

Yes, the WM are a large and exclusive event that all Major League and affiliated Minor League clubs attend yearly.

Indy clubs have their own thing that happens usually in October.

Archived