Winnipeg Falcons Logo Concept

wurldwyde

I've been messing around with this idea for a while now, and came up with something I'm relatively happy with. I originally wanted to use copper in this concept, but it didn't work out with a 3-colour scheme. (The wings force me to add a third colour). So I settled for the wine/gold/navy combo that looks so well on the Cavs' uniforms. This was originally a hockey concept, but looks generic enough to be used for any sport. Anyways, just thought I'd show what I had. I'm stumped for jersey ideas. I want to use wine and gold, with as little of the blue as possible, but I'm drawing a blank tonight. :) Comments?

falcons_concept.jpg

Great choice of location!

The neck looks a little fat, I'd round it a little more to give the impression that the throat doesn't continue linearly in that direction. Also, the wing is a little too wide and not long enough IMO. I think it would look better with a tail, although I've designed my own bird-of-prey logo minus the lower half of the body, so I'm not one to talk.

Great work wurldwyde! B) I like the simplicity a lot.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

as i said over msn, i love this one... the copper looked pretty damn nice, but in the cavs colors, it really all comes together into it's own.

yeah.. nice one

It has definitely got potential!

Why don't you try to specify the sport and make it a Football logo, since the falcon has already got a shape similar to a football..

Wordmark is pretty unspectacular though

good job overall

Very nice logo - love your colors, wordmark and the Bird! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That my friend is a quality logo. Looks great, don't change a thing.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Is it me or coul you put those colors on a peice of crap and it wouldn't look bad. That color scheme rocks! Awesome logo.

What program do most of y'all use. I'm no good at making logos but I want ot try and learn.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I think that's the best logo you've ever done, Ken... My only thought would be to try a different wordmark. Besides being over-used, IMO, Copperplate does share any of the characteristics of the logo. I think you need something as dynamic as the logo.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I know the wordmark is a little plain, but I've never used Copperplate for any of my logos, and I like the font . Besides, since I reformatted my system, my font supply has been rather low, and you actually used the exact font I was planning to use when you did your Firebirds logo, Keith. :P I'll try spicing it up, and maybe adding a little depth to it as well.

To be honest, I was expecting more criticism. I personally love the logo, but was expecting at least a few comments about the bird's fat ass. lol

Archived