Montana Moose Football Concept

dsaline97

Hey guys,

I've been on this site for a while, but this is my first concept on here. I've always thought that Montana should get an NFL team despite the small population size of their state. There are endless possibilities for names, and the first one I thought of was the Moose. So, here it goes.

Home

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa478/Daniel_Saline/Montana%20Moose/homejersey.png

Away

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa478/Daniel_Saline/Montana%20Moose/awayjersey.png

spacer.png

It looks good. I like the helmet idea, but I think the moose antlers may be a bit to realistic. Seen off of a moose head they look a bit abstract and a little like a leaf. Maybe make a moose antler a little more stylized and like a general antler look. Just a thought.

Other than that, I like it.

Very nice concept. Here are my suggestions:

-Since white pants are used, make the tops of the socks green

-Incorporate some green into the helmet

-Drop the black alternate. While black is a team color, red is more prominent, and deserves an alternate jersey before black.

-While I like the moose-themed number font, it's just too busy. Try a simpler number font

all in all good work, keep it up.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Reminds me of a local high school teams helmet: the Buckhorn Bucks

On another note, the font struck me as a little cluttered and I've never been to Montana so I can't speak for the moose population there, but when I think Montana I don't think moose as much as I do for Alaska or somewhere in Canada

Hey guys,

I've been on this site for a while, but this is my first concept on here. I've always thought that Montana should get an NFL team despite the small population size of their state. There are endless possibilities for names, and the first one I thought of was the Moose. So, here it goes.

Home

homejersey.png

Away

awayjersey.png

Alternate

alternatejersey.png

Logos

logos.png

Use "img" tags for images, not "media" tags.

I love those helmets!

spacer.png

I agree with the Canada or Alaska thing. Montana strikes me more as a 'bear' state. Obviously that wouldn't work in the NFL, but neither would a team in Montana :P

As far as the concept goes, I like the ideas behind it. As mentioned, the helmet antlers should be simplified, I think they're far too complex for a helmet right now. The shoulder design, while good, feels a bit Arena Football to me, and not so much NFL. And that number font is just not working-- it's adding to the AFL feel for me.

Montana seems like a simple, strong state, and I think the identity should reflect that. This is a little over-the-top for what I'd predict from there. Not a bad thing, it just doesn't match up in my mind. A little simplification and simpler design could go a long way for this, IMO.

Archived