Denver Broncos could be in trouble with Texas A&M after fan flag

roxfan00

So, does this mean hockey teams can't have a 7th man, baskeball teams can't have a 6th man, and baseball teams can't have a 10th or 11th man, if you have a DH or not?

As the Canucks proved to us a few years back, the 7th man is the stupidest thing in pro sports. They JUST got to the point where they could have another #7 on the team without it being a humiliating experience. However, it's David Booth wearing it, so six of one, half dozen of the other.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So, does this mean hockey teams can't have a 7th man, baskeball teams can't have a 6th man, and baseball teams can't have a 10th or 11th man, if you have a DH or not?

As the Canucks proved to us a few years back, the 7th man is the stupidest thing in pro sports. They JUST got to the point where they could have another #7 on the team without it being a humiliating experience. However, it's David Booth wearing it, so six of one, half dozen of the other.

Good lord that was awful.

Also, technically I think the 12th man in football belongs to the CFL. :flagcanada:

yes,and I invented the question mark "?", so no one can use it w/o paying me.

What, really?!

Oh crap, there it is... How much do I owe you?

:censored: I did it again!

That was actually an interrobang, not a question mark. A derived work, but owned by me. I accept PayPal. :P

Yeah, I just assumed because it contained a question mark it was still under your ownership ^_^

Trademarks have certainly been lost before, and I'd say that this one has already gotten far away from the Aggies. I think all football fans on here have heard "12th man" used in regard to their team... I wonder if Texas A&M sends out their letters and prays that no one challenges the trademark in court.

BREAKING: Texas A&M to file a lawsuit against yesterday for referring to itself as the 12th.

Officially nominating for PotD consideration

Seconded.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

BREAKING: Texas A&M to file a lawsuit against yesterday for referring to itself as the 12th.

(Snob mode on)Can we say that this is one of the most frivolous lawsuits in the history of mankind? Who will defend the 12th?(Snob mode off):D

I call BS on A&M HAVING to fight this stuff.

Yes, they have to fight it in order to protect their trademark. That is true. That is legal precedent. But for flips sake, why do they need to protect that trademark?

This isn't Wisconsin protecting their motion W by going after a HS when their real purpose is to make sure counterfeiters can't make money by stealing their logo. This isn't about a logo. This is about a phrase that every team in football has probably uttered at some point.

A&M shouldn't have the darned trademark, I don't care who started it. At this point it's in common use. They've got it, and they want to make money and flex some muscle, so that's why they're adamant about protecting and keeping the trademark, but I think it's bologna. If someone starts using their logos, by all means, protect. But this slogan? Stupid.

Archived