Fictional Soccer Team

wILL-INI

So I've had this team in my head for a while, and have done a couple different renditions of it. I started working with it again and thought I'd throw it on here, see about some feedback. So without too long of a rambling, the Wales Whales Football Club...

6693205461_07e7b42644_b.jpg

So a simple crest, with workmark, I kinda based it a little bit on Arsenal cause they are my fav team, and I liked the clean look of them. I wanted mostly organic shapes, to work with the fin of the whale.

A couple of the details, that might need explaining.

6693205747_07e6062a4d_z.jpg

At the top there is this design, it represent the Welsh Feathers or the Princes of Wales feathers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Wales's_feathers) many Welsh teams use it as a symbol.

6673673191_c10de53241_m.jpg

Then lastly at the bottom I have a yellow daffodil, another symbol for Wales for Saint David.

Hope you like and any CC would be appreciated. This is my first soccer crest so...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Perhaps I took it wrong given the way it was portrayed, but the feathers almost look like the waterspout of a whale on the surface. Was that deliberate or just a happy accident?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Perhaps I took it wrong given the way it was portrayed, but the feathers almost look like the waterspout of a whale on the surface. Was that deliberate or just a happy accident?

Happy accident! I like it now that I see it, I might make it a little more apparent now.. Thanks..

Great concept. I really like it. Will you be making kits too?

Why yes I am...

Behold the home kit. I tried to think of a unique pattern to separate this from any other kit. I really like simplicity and subtly so I incorporated both into this. I also like when a jersey mimics some aspect of the logo. I went with the striping almost to mimic a whales underbelly. Sponsored by the rail in Wales.

6683152441_1992e0022e_b.jpg

Happy accident you say? I sure hope that was a shout out to Bob Ross.

220px-Bob_at_Easel.jpg

As for the concept, that's real nice. I would like to see symmetry for the tail since the rest of the crest is symmetrical. Also, have you tried making the gray outline dark blue? The gray gets lost with the other colors.

As much as I love the concept (I was born in wales btw :P) I think it's a bit weird having a team representing all of wales in the premier league seeing as there are already two welsh teams in the football league (swansea in the EPL, and cardiff city in the championship)

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Happy accident you say? I sure hope that was a shout out to Bob Ross.

220px-Bob_at_Easel.jpg

As for the concept, that's real nice. I would like to see symmetry for the tail since the rest of the crest is symmetrical. Also, have you tried making the gray outline dark blue? The gray gets lost with the other colors.

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

As much as I love the concept (I was born in wales btw :P) I think it's a bit weird having a team representing all of wales in the premier league seeing as there are already two welsh teams in the football league (swansea in the EPL, and cardiff city in the championship)

Yes I am aware of this little problem haha. Ok, so this is where I am at of in this problem. I wanted to make them part of the EPL or some league to have its crest and "be" a part of them, at the same time Wales Whales. I didn't want to give up the name cause of the wordplay? If it's too bothersome I can change it, or work it out. But since it's kind of a joke anyway, I might just leave it. I donno...

Yes I am aware of this little problem haha. Ok, so this is where I am at of in this problem. I wanted to make them part of the EPL or some league to have its crest and "be" a part of them, at the same time Wales Whales. I didn't want to give up the name cause of the wordplay? If it's too bothersome I can change it, or work it out. But since it's kind of a joke anyway, I might just leave it. I donno...

Well, it is a fictional team made for fun and not some planned expansion or something like that, so it's acceptable, and I love the name!

I like the idea behind this and most of the crest is top notch, however the whale tail seems a bit too cartoony. Also, and I don't want to sound crude here, but that middle Welsh feather has a very unfortunate resemblance to a certain part of the male anatomy.

maehl.png

I like the idea behind this and most of the crest is top notch, however the whale tail seems a bit too cartoony. Also, and I don't want to sound crude here, but that middle Welsh feather has a very unfortunate resemblance to a certain part of the male anatomy.

cannot. unsee.

D--- IT!!! ok i'll fix that asap...

Haha that little problem, is gone..

6693205747_07e6062a4d_z.jpg

6693205461_07e7b42644_b.jpg

6693205671_b3f901fe31_b.jpg

Hope this looks better, the clash is coming tomorrow...

I think that this logo has a ton of potential, but there are a few key issues that I would adress. Obviously I would tryvadjusting the feathers to make them less phallic and I think that making the whales tale less cartoony would make it much classier and more professional looking.

spacer.png

Archived