Minnesota Twins

Bmac

I had this concept done for about a month or so, but had forgotten about it until the recent discussion on the Twins' identity. The thread basically sums up my thoughts as well; the Twins' current identity is a mismatched mess. The home and home alternate uniforms are based heavily off of the Metrodome/World Series Champs era. Meanwhile the road and road alternate uniforms are based more off of the Killebrew era, but not quite. And finally, the throwback alternate that became the home uniform for most of last season. Just an overall mess of identity. Oh and for what it's worth, I'm a die-hard Twins fan. B)

So naturally I set out to fix everything.

Colors

I once started a thread about naming colors after players. I felt it went fairly well so I went with those color names here.

TwinsColors.png

Logos

The logo changes mainly come from the wordmark changes. The state of Minnesota logo undergoes some modifications and becomes the primary.

TwinsLogos.png

Wordmarks

I went with the throwback theme, but not direct throwback. The scripts now match each other, with each undergoing various modifications. Note the original Twins script is not exactly the same as the new one (originals on left, my work on right).

TwinsWordmarks.png

Uniforms

Cream with navy pinstripes at home, gray with piping on the road. Navy alternate, white alternate. Pretty simple if you ask me. BP uniform is at the end.

TwinsHR.png

TwinsAlts.png

TwinsBP.png

Is this the most radical concept ever? No, absolutely not. But I feel it is a reasonable approach to fixing the Twins' identity and I would love to get some feedback.

Really nice concept. The white alternate with the TC looks great. One question: Is the navy alternate only intended for use on the road, or at home also? Because if it's only a road alternate, then I would put the city name on it. But really, fantastic job. The primaries are cleaned up nicely. No real complaints on this one.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The scripts don't really match each other. Sure, they are the same colors and have the tails, but one looks like a font and the other looks like some guy's jacked up handwriting. Since it's a concept, may as well make the "Twins" script really look like "Minnesota" script, right? You've already got the i,n and s...and you can fashion the w out of the n. All you really have to do is come up with the T somehow. Go for it!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Overall, pretty solid here. Someone already brought up putting "Minnesota" on the navy alt, but I'm actually going to disagree. I get the "city name on road jerseys" thing, and I generally agree with it. However in this case, with red on navy, I think it works better with the script that takes up a little more space. I think "Minnesota" would just be a bit too jumbled and illegible on the jersey. My only gripe is the pinstripes on the home. I'm curious bout how it'd look with the same piping as the road set.

Oh, and that "TC" alt is incredible. Just freaking gorgeous.

Archived