any news on the twins uniforms?

kg54mvp1

The Twins really messed up their revamp. From the unveiling, the players and a lot of other people made it clear they preferred the throwbacks. They look better. The Twins can't just switch to the throwbacks permanently because they have a new tweaked wordmark which is all over the stadium. They should have just nixed the throwbacks and went with navy a new navy wordmark outlined in red (which would also go with the road set). Now they just have a mess on their hands.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

To me, the whites (regardless of the minor wordmark tweak) just scream "Metrodome." Take a look at all the limestone (am I correct, Twins fans?) architecture throughout Target Field during a game in which they wear the cream-colored throwbacks. It all just meshes so perfectly. The Twins have entered a new outdoor era, almost like a second Metropolitan Stadium era if you will. I can't emphasize enough how much better I think the Twins would look with the cream unis as the primary homes given the new era and the surroundings.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I don't know that there is any "news" but my suspicion is they'll be using the white's as their primary for 2012.*

I always kind of felt the same way as the above poster...the Twins wordmark was very "Metrodomey". The tweak was an improvement (and thanks for getting rid of the nameplates), but from 1987 to 2009, I could never picture that uniform outdoors. That said I got used to it really quickly in 2010 and am not really bothered by it. Though I do admit I LOVE the alts.

*But maybe not forever? So now if this is something the Twins, thanks to the popularity of the alt, are mulling over, I really hope they ditch the "domey" workmark (including the expensive scoreboard sign) and keep it all consistent. It would require a road uniform overhaul as well. Please just pick one. I appreciate what Harmon Killebrew meant to the team, but I thought last year's gesture was overkill.

The Twins are probably caught between the great response to the alt jersey (and the "outdoorness" of it) and the connection between the current look and the two championships...they dumped the "M" cap, so they can probably dump the wordmark.

I was kind of dragged kicking and screaming, but I think I'd like to see the alt become the home primary...that wordmark become the identity (resulting in two huge scoreboard-related changes) and the road be re-done. If not, that's fine too. But I hope they don't try to have it both ways.

My gut says that they'll keep the "domey" wordmark (if for no other reason than that the brand new ballpark has it all over), but keep the alt for once a week. Honestly, as much as I loved the alt once a week during the first year of being outdoors, I'd rather they'd have dropped it following that (given that they were going to keep the modern identity).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

To me, the whites (regardless of the minor wordmark tweak) just scream "Metrodome." Take a look at all the limestone (am I correct, Twins fans?) architecture throughout Target Field during a game in which they wear the cream-colored throwbacks. It all just meshes so perfectly. The Twins have entered a new outdoor era, almost like a second Metropolitan Stadium era if you will. I can't emphasize enough how much better I think the Twins would look with the cream unis as the primary homes given the new era and the surroundings.

Yes, a majority of the stadium is built out of limestone, so you are correct. I agree with your post, Mojo Maniac, about switching to the cream colored jerseys full time. I think it would be cool putting the new wordmark on the cream jerseys. Kind of a combo platter of new and old.

However, I've heard they are returning to white/blue pinstriped home uniforms for 2012. The cream color jerseys will worn again on Saturday home games and special occasions.

Yes, a majority of the stadium is built out of limestone, so you are correct. I agree with your post, Mojo Maniac, about switching to the cream colored jerseys full time. I think it would be cool putting the new wordmark on the cream jerseys. Kind of a combo platter of new and old.

However, I've heard they are returning to white/blue pinstriped home uniforms for 2012. The cream color jerseys will worn again on Saturday home games and special occasions.

I thought of it and decided it would look awful, but I'd like to actually see it before judging.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

McCall - I like it, but I think the underline for Minnesota should go under the full name. I understand that it's consistent with the home wordmark, but on that it leaves off the first and last letters to emphasize "win." Since "innesota" has no significance, I don't think there is a need to underline just that. Besides, it would be more consistent with the M cap logo if you decided to keep that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

From the Twins President's twitter.

@TwinsPrez

Dave St. Peter

No changes in '12. Home whites & navy alts back in play. Throwbacks an alt at home. No changes on road RT@Natron44: Any news on '12 unis?

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

bummer!!! but onwis97 I agree with you that a change to the old script and a overhaul of the identity would suit them well, I love the concept posted. I am all for it!!

I disagree. While some changes to scripts, etc. could clean up and improve the Twins looks, I don't think there's any need for an overhaul. IMO the Twins are one of the best-looking teams in baseball right now.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

bummer!!! but onwis97 I agree with you that a change to the old script and a overhaul of the identity would suit them well, I love the concept posted. I am all for it!!

I disagree. While some changes to scripts, etc. could clean up and improve the Twins looks, I don't think there's any need for an overhaul. IMO the Twins are one of the best-looking teams in baseball right now.

well you do have a valid argument, they do look nice, but as a twins fan, I think the primary whites should of been retired with the metrodome, while they do look ok, the retro just fits better with the team. I maybe dont mean total overhaul, but maybe just in the script by making it look like their retro one.

Archived