Houston Astros Concept

Eric S

My first posting here after years of following this site. I've always hated the Astros Brick Red and Pinstripes as it doesn't portray the space age as the name does. Their current look reminds me more of a cowboy rodeo so I've gone back to the orange and blue of their inception. Let me know what you think.

6744176149_97e92fbdbc_b.jpg

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

I agree with you 100%. I like the current colours as well, but not for the Astros. Onto the logos, they look good, but there needs to be uniformity. There should be 1 sleeve patch and not 2 different ones for home/road. Also, 4 caps is WAY too many. I'd go with the top left or bottom left as the primary with the top right being for the alts. I'm interested to see what the jerseys look like.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The thing I don't get is the set of uniform numbers. The face in which they are is super clean and sans serif and looks like it would go well with their 90s gold and blue uniforms. The rest of the marks in your set have serifs. I'd suggest either going with a usual block font (like MLB block) as that's acceptable per precedent (i.e. many established teams have myriad different marks and use MLB block) or go with a set of numbers that mimics the face used in the wordmarks.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that your look evokes the 'space age' as much as it simply evokes the night sky or 'stars.' I don't think that's necessarily bad, though.

Love it, especially the home word mark.

The only change I'd make is remove the circles from the primary logo and use just the star with H like on the cap. With the circle, it resembles a Texas Rangers badge.

51ssJnKZojL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

87Redskins.png

Nice. I'd be happy if they went back to these colors when they make the switch to the AL. Their scheme now is too bland and way too similar too other teams.

Maybe even this logo, in those colors:

1078.gif

i am a fan of that logo! that should be the primary.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Love it, especially the home word mark.

The only change I'd make is remove the circles from the primary logo and use just the star with H like on the cap. With the circle, it resembles a Texas Rangers badge.

51ssJnKZojL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I agree. The circles behind the star make it too reminiscent of this Rangers logo:

lrg_Texas_Rangers214.gif

Thanks for the comments. I hadn't noticed the resemblance to the Rangers logo that much but I do see that it is too similar. Working on some modifications as well as the uniforms. Updates possibly on Wednesday.

That looks pretty good. For a bit more colour balance, I'd give the home cap a blue brim and go with double or triple piping (triple would be O-B-O at home and B-O-B on the road). I like the socks. I wish more teams would get creative in that respect.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Thanks Bmac. The blue actually looked darker before I saved it as PNG. I need to check my settings. I did debate making the NOB blue as well. I might update that.

I think piping would clutter it up too much.

I would darken the navy and put the shooting star over the Houston script as well. Otherwise, great work. One more thing- while the alternate looks nice, it looks a bit "naked" if you will. Try a uniform number on the left side of it to fill up the front. Other than that, this all looks very good.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I guess I should have explained that the blue jersey is actually the BP jersey, not an alternate. I was thinking of doing an orange alternate if I did do one. I'm more of a traditionalist and don't think every team needs an alternate, though I do like playing with the ideas.

Archived