TCU to unveil new graphic identity

gdu

This doesn't have anything to do with the re-brand now, but I have a feeling it will.....

484027_3779367936183_145212771_n.jpg

You can probably get a pretty good idea of what the court will look like by checking out the volleyball court which has already been refinished.

Volleyball_Court_medium.jpg

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't have anything to do with the re-brand now, but I have a feeling it will.....

484027_3779367936183_145212771_n.jpg

You can probably get a pretty good idea of what the court will look like by checking out the volleyball court which has already been refinished.

Volleyball_Court_medium.jpg

Bout time. Even my school's court walked into the 21st Century with their new court this past year:

397144_2781525870755_1510416986_n.jpg

(And I know the hardwood Texas in the middle is a rip off of A&M, but it is part of the A&M system....)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

AwsDC9-CEAAcbXe.jpg

thats the oddest logo ive seen in a while. and has about 2 too many key strokes. GDU, is there something significant about this shape that relates to TCU? im just seeing an odd mess right now

Nope, just bad in-house graphic design.

Here is the last logo that they deisgned:

KKK_2976.jpg

the court is beautiful. came in here to post some pics.

not sure how that skin pattern would look. do you mean in the purple area? that couldve been cool.

correct me if im wrong, but a lot of TCU's in-house design and collateral is developed by the marketing and design students right? i used to have interns that were always working on projects like that. random logos, brochures, even billboards. may have just been class work, but im sure some made it through.

anyway, point being, it was probably a pretty young designer that worked on those logos.

thanks for all the shots GDU. cant wait till the Jayhawks come to town.

the court is beautiful. came in here to post some pics.

not sure how that skin pattern would look. do you mean in the purple area? that couldve been cool.

correct me if im wrong, but a lot of TCU's in-house design and collateral is developed by the marketing and design students right? i used to have interns that were always working on projects like that. random logos, brochures, even billboards. may have just been class work, but im sure some made it through.

anyway, point being, it was probably a pretty young designer that worked on those logos.

thanks for all the shots GDU. cant wait till the Jayhawks come to town.

Yeah, I was thinking subtle, just in the purple border (like on the football helmets).

BTW, the court should give you a pretty good idea of what the football field will look like this fall. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

TCU has ordered 4 sets of HGI helmets for the 2012 season.

This has me VERY Intrigued!!!!

Any ideas on what they are?

I know what all of them are, but am not at liberty to talk about all of them yet. 3 of them are ones the team has already worn ('09 PCR, '10 PCR and '11).

TCU has ordered 4 sets of HGI helmets for the 2012 season.

This has me VERY Intrigued!!!!

Any ideas on what they are?

I know what all of them are, but am not at liberty to talk about all of them yet. 3 of them are ones the team has already worn ('09 PCR, '10 PCR and '11).

I realized that they had used them 3 times but weren't sure if they were reordering old designs or getting 3 new ones to go with the '11 helmets. I mean correct me if Im wrong but they didn't wear the '09 helmet last year did they? can't wait to see the new design

Archived