TCU to unveil new graphic identity

gdu

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not exactly news since I posted about the new style sheet and we've seen the new apparel, but:

"TCU Athletics has instructed the media to make the arched TCU mark the primary logo. The Horned Frog may be used separately from the letters."

399140_10150810961417940_118765202939_9840779_2121656791_n.jpg

not exactly news since I posted about the new style sheet and we've seen the new apparel, but:

"TCU Athletics has instructed the media to make the arched TCU mark the primary logo. The Horned Frog may be used separately from the letters."

Sorry if this has been covered, but do you mean the old frog, or the new frog?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Old frog. New frog has yet to be officially recognized on a style sheet (and I'm hearing it likely won't ever be).

Old frog. New frog has yet to be officially recognized on a style sheet (and I'm hearing it likely won't ever be).

That stinks because I thought that new frog looked a whole lot better than the old one.

spacer.png

That stinks because I thought that new frog looked a whole lot better than the old one.

I won't be surprised if we see a new frog at some point, I just don't think it will be the "new" one.

Well you're in the minority with that one. While the current frog may look goofy and cartoonish, it's just more accepted. Especially with the success of the past deacade and a half with that logo.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

"NEW LOGO

While the Frog is still a part of our brand, we are utilizing just the arched TCU (image below) as our primary athletics logo and mark. We will also be debuting a deeper shade of purple this fall. In the past, we heard from many of you who said it appeared our uniforms and helmets looked bluish on TV. For over a year, we worked in conjunction with Nike on this new look. Rest assured, though, you?ll still see the arched TCU and Frog this fall.

newlogocdc.jpg"

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/genrel/050912aaa.html

• 3 weeks later...

Well you're in the minority with that one. While the current frog may look goofy and cartoonish, it's just more accepted. Especially with the success of the past deacade and a half with that logo.

yea sometimes people are afraid of change, even if the new option is clearly a better choice. as far as TCU has come with their identity thats hard to believe, but that old frog is crap. if you dont have any emotional attachment to it its clear. they need to go with Fraser's design

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yea sometimes people are afraid of change, even if the new option is clearly a better choice. as far as TCU has come with their identity thats hard to believe, but that old frog is crap. if you dont have any emotional attachment to it its clear. they need to go with Fraser's design

I'm unbiased, and I think the old frog is better. The new one is "modern" but outside of that, it doesn't have much going for it IMO. Fraser does amazing work, but I have a feeling he had better options than this "new" version that for whatever reason the people at Nike or TCU didn't go with and hacked this together (which I am inferring from the whole tail/back leg tabacle), similar to the new Utah State logo.

I'm unbiased, and I think the old frog is better. The new one is "modern" but outside of that, it doesn't have much going for it IMO. Fraser does amazing work, but I have a feeling he had better options than this "new" version that for whatever reason the people at Nike or TCU didn't go with and hacked this together (which I am inferring from the whole tail/back leg tabacle), similar to the new Utah State logo.

+5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Uh.... no.

Look, not to diss anyone, but somethings shouldn't be touched. At all.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Horned lizards (Phrynosoma). Phrynosoma literally means "toad-bodied".

Sue, they are kind of fat looking like toads. Here is a horned lizard and a horned toad for comparison.

1200665783_iBsBw-L.jpg

6O3PD00Z.jpg

Whilst I appreciate people are attached to the current mark, I think the secondary is a far more accuarate representation of the real thing.

2661.gif

Horned lizards (Phrynosoma). Phrynosoma literally means "toad-bodied".

Sue, they are kind of fat looking like toads. Here is a horned lizard and a horned toad for comparison.

1200665783_iBsBw-L.jpg

6O3PD00Z.jpg

Whilst I appreciate people are attached to the current mark, I think the secondary is a far more accuarate representation of the real thing.

2661.gif

Why call UNT's mascot the Mean Green when their mascot is clearly an eagle? Why does Tulsa, located in a landlocked state at least 500 miles from the nearest ocean, have 'hurricane' as a nickname? And what the hell's a a Jayhawk? (btw, I do know some reasons behind the names, but it's not like they're the most logical things on the planet)

Some names make less sense than others. Besides, considering all the other b.s. that goes on around the current college football landscape, I think they can get away with calling a lizard a "frog".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Archived