TCU to unveil new graphic identity

gdu

Wow, I was at that game too. I had to leave before the middle of the sixth, right before the Horned Frogs had that big comeback. Never turn up an opportunity for free baseball.

re: your sig. Who are the FW Bombers. Are the FW Cats no more? My roommate in college was an usher at LaGrave Field and I used to go watch them fairly often.

It's still the Cats. The team had to miss a year due to ownership issues.

Actually, they're playing in the North American League (not to be confused with the CCSLC fantasy league of the same name) for 2012...

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I was at that game too. I had to leave before the middle of the sixth, right before the Horned Frogs had that big comeback. Never turn up an opportunity for free baseball.

re: your sig. Who are the FW Bombers. Are the FW Cats no more? My roommate in college was an usher at LaGrave Field and I used to go watch them fairly often.

The Bombers are the Continental League's newest member... those guys are the first six members. The Cats are still playing, but they are moving to the North American Baseball League where they will supposedly play teams like the new San Angelo Colts and Abilene Prairie Dogs. It's a step down from the American Association, but that's what happens when you can't get bills of credit.

That stadium looks terrific after the renovations.

ditto. I didn't even realize that they were doing that. Nice job indeed.

... you didn't see the demolision all over ESPN.com or YouTube in 2010?

no, because quite frankly I don't follow TCU in any way and if it appeared on ESPN.com as a news item I probably glanced over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this suppose to happen on monday next week?

It is on hold for now. I would expect a new logo to be worn this football season. The rest of the rebranding will be used however (new color, font, etc...)

Depends on what you mean by official. I have been told that the new logo has been shelved for now. The CLC press releases are official. I expect the new logo to be revisisted, but the school couldn't decide what it wanted to do fast enough and time ran out on unveiling a new logo for the football season. Pretty strange.

not sure if legit, but seems like it would be hard to fake:

IMG_3307.jpg

wow that looks ridiculously amazing.

also a side note, but the dude taking the pic of the helmets got some swag.

seriously though, is that the purple equivalent to oregons liquid metal black helmets?? either way it looks awesome

IMG_3307.jpg

seriously though, is that the purple equivalent to oregons liquid metal black helmets?? either way it looks awesome

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

IMG_3307.jpg

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

Tough... hope the anodized look is here to stay!

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Archived