TCU to unveil new graphic identity

gdu

image.jpeg

Umm..... gdu, is this what you were talkin' about?

I am not 'gdu', but I have talked to two staff members at TCU who confirmed that this is a logo to be unveiled in April.

Oh..... well, hopefully the back leg is scrapped and the tail replaces it before then.

By the way, I'd just like to point out that you CAN'T keep things under wraps in the 21st Century.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.jpeg

I am not 'gdu', but I have talked to two staff members at TCU who confirmed that this is a logo to be unveiled in April.

A logo? Is it possible this could just be a secondary?

I was told that the above will be a new athletic TCU logo.

image.jpeg

A logo? Is it possible this could just be a secondary?

I was told that the above will be a new athletic TCU logo.

The reason I ask is I can't picture that logo stuck onto a helmet. It just looks to sleek to me. I realize they can make it the primary and just put "TCU" on their helmets, but I don't know, I'm just kind of cold to this and think it's a step backwards.

I was going to post that I thought it was Fraser's work but I didn't get the chance. On Feb 9th, Fraser tweeted "Looking forward to seeing the new TCU logo!".

The logo is far from terrible. The head is great. With a few little tweeks, the body could be great too. Compare the new logo to what they currently use and that will distinguish if the new one is "terrible".

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I'll reserve judgement until I see the final version because the body is great, it's just its hind parts that are throwing it off. I could do without the little platforms he's standing on as well.

Count me in the boat that thinks this is a Fraser design, it oozes his style.

Oh sweet mother of god. TCU, what have you done!?!?!

They got in bed with the Swoosh. That's what.

How can Nike make beautiful soccer shirts, but royally screw up NCAA football identities whenever the university allows them?

spacer.png

Oh sweet mother of god. TCU, what have you done!?!?!

They got in bed with the Swoosh. That's what.

How can Nike make beautiful soccer shirts, but royally screw up NCAA football identities whenever the university allows them?

Nike didn't design the logo. They're designing the uniforms and such, which are actually pretty good.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nike didn't design the logo.

Yes they did.

Don't say anything bad about the swoosh to Spleen.

Also, just because Nike 'designed' the logo doesn't mean they didn't freelance it out to an identity artist like Davidson or Bosack, for example.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Also, just because Nike 'designed' the logo doesn't mean they didn't freelance it out to an identity artist like Davidson or Bosack, for example.

They do have an in-house design department that has been doing a lot of these types of projects lately. Pretty sure this wasn't outsourced.

Nike didn't design the logo.

Yes they did.

Don't say anything bad about the swoosh to Spleen.

@vikings:What?

As for Andrew, that's what I was implying they did.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived