I need a hockey team to cheer for

BRM_PTX

BRM_PTX, if I may offer what the internet has taken to calling a "PRO TIP," I just want to let you know as well that many people do not particularly care for the New York Yankees.

Why aren't the Canadiens equally if not more hated considering they have more championships?

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRM_PTX, if I may offer what the internet has taken to calling a "PRO TIP," I just want to let you know as well that many people do not particularly care for the New York Yankees.

Why aren't the Canadiens equally if not more hated considering they have more championships?

They haven't been as successful lately.

It's not about trophy ocunt as it is the way they dominate the league. The Canadiens are still plenty hated, but I think people sorta feel bad for them now that they've gone from being this uber-powerful cultural institution to Just Another Team. Imagine if the Yankees didn't just win their first twenty world championships but won them with kids who grew up on the streets of New York, from Ruth to Gehrig to Mantle to Munson. The Canadiens did it all with names like Beliveau and Savard and Bouchard and Geoffrion and ree-SHAR and hkhWAH. That's the best thing ever. Now they lose with guys named Plekanec and Markov and Kostitsyn and Hal Gill. The magic is gone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Root for the penguins. Bandwagoning them is no longer mainstream, but they're still good, and a lot of people still hate them and their fans.

Basically, they're the hipster band of the NHL.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Root for the penguins. Bandwagoning them is no longer mainstream, but they're still good, and a lot of people still hate them and their fans.

Basically, they're the hipster band of the NHL.

Unless you want the "obscure, you've probably never heard of them" hipster band. Then you get the Florida Panthers organization with the Nashville Predators roster.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's actually the precise opposite of interesting. Are you sure what hockey is?

Haha are you referring to Preds games specifically or all hockey games?

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Two things:

1. They don't have more than the Yankees. The Yankees have won 27 World Series and the Canadiens have won 24 Stanley Cups.

2. Canadiens fans may be mostly snooty French-Canadians but the only fanbase that comes close to equaling the Yankees' in terms of hate-worthiness is Boston. Canadiens fans just aren't as hateable. If you want a Canadian fanbase to hate, go with Vancouver.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Preds within 1 now. Aw hell yeah.

TIE GAME~

PREDS SCORE WITH 20 SECONDS LEFT!! This is awesome!

Predators @ Flyers Thursday night

Now what ^_^

I marked it down 3 days ago as a must watch. Gonna be my first Flyers game I see and my second preds game.

Archived