49er Redesign

Chaddoesdesign

Even though I am a New York Giant fan, I kind of, sort of like the 49ers. Mainly because they selected Alex Smith, but I digress. When I decided to rebrand a concept for each NFL team, I though why not start with the 49ers. The 49ers have a new, explosive team. Something that their branding has never reflected. So here is my concept for the 49ers.

--

Primary Logo

Secondary Woodmark

Secondary Logo

Alternate Logo

--

Home Uniform

Away Uniform

Alternate Uniform

--

This is the first on 32, so please let me know what you think. Critiques are welcome!

The Niners have a pretty good identity so its pretty hard to design an original one (as the Niners themselves learned in 1991). The main logo could look OK as an alternate but looks like a "T" when used on the helmet. The uniforms kind of remind me of Boston College. The alternate jersey isn't working for me. Is it based off a jersey in the team's history or is it a fauxback?

very clean work, man!

I like that you used different values of red on the pickaxe. And I dig the chipped texture, too.

However, I don't like how "2-D" it looks. Maybe curve the handle a bit and make it come to a point at the end to suggest movement, like it's being swung.

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

The Niners have a pretty good identity so its pretty hard to design an original one (as the Niners themselves learned in 1991). The main logo could look OK as an alternate but looks like a "T" when used on the helmet. The uniforms kind of remind me of Boston College. The alternate jersey isn't working for me. Is it based off a jersey in the team's history or is it a fauxback?

I was thinking of using numbers instead of the logo. For some reason it doesn't sit on the helmet well. I tried to stream line the uniform, and as BC doesn't have a intricate uniform, I think I might have over stepped them. It's a fauxback. Not much changes in the SF uniform from 1949 until about 1996. '91 and '96 rebrands kind of ruined me on their brands.

very clean work, man!

I like that you used different values of red on the pickaxe. And I dig the chipped texture, too.

However, I don't like how "2-D" it looks. Maybe curve the handle a bit and make it come to a point at the end to suggest movement, like it's being swung.

Thanks man. I'll play around with the curved axe idea.

Nice concept and it's always tough to redesign a team that really has things right. This is one of the better ones. I would remove the pink-ish red, and stay with their current (lighter than cardinal red-darker than scarlet red) color along with their current gold.

I had an idea where the S and F where still interlocked, but the pick ax formed the body and top of the Pick ax. while a gold nugget was the second portion of the F. I never got it to look right, and you're welcome to try your hand at it. I think it may fit you're design better.

As for the current design, I wouldn't stick anything other that the SF (be it the oval or not) on the helmet.

Nice work though. :)

Personally I think the secondary logo is better than the primary. If you took the football + ax and put that on the helmet, I think that might help it out a little. And the SF doesn't have enough contrast for my liking, but that's just me, and what do I know. Otherwise it does look really good.

Thought the Same thing about the letter T. I was like T? um T, T for time to go home?

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Nice concept and it's always tough to redesign a team that really has things right. This is one of the better ones. I would remove the pink-ish red, and stay with their current (lighter than cardinal red-darker than scarlet red) color along with their current gold.

I had an idea where the S and F where still interlocked, but the pick ax formed the body and top of the Pick ax. while a gold nugget was the second portion of the F. I never got it to look right, and you're welcome to try your hand at it. I think it may fit you're design better.

As for the current design, I wouldn't stick anything other that the SF (be it the oval or not) on the helmet.

Nice work though. :)

Thanks man. I agree they do have their stuff together now, but a few years ago, there jersey was awful. I do hope they remove black from the logo, though.

not bad, some interesting ideas here, I too would like to see the current primary re-designed to go with this set instead of the pickaxe, just looks weird on the helmet

and NFL footballs do not have stripes

Well that's a bummer. Didn't really noticed they didn't have stripes. Thanks man for the input!

Archived