2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per CSN California:

Only the 1951 NY Giants and 2006 Minnesota Twins have finished in first place when they were only in first place for one day all season.

Looking more and more likely the 2012 Oakland A's will do the same. Simultaneously, they will also become only the fifth team in ML history to finish in first place when they trailed by 13+ games at any point in the season (with the 1914 Boston Braves, the '51 Giants again, the 1978 NY Yankees, and 1995 Seattle Mariners).

Baseball always finds ways to amaze.

I thought the Rangers basically had this thing locked up back in June. Not counting October, they only had one month where they were sub .500 which was back in July when they had that five game losing streak to start the month.

Oakland has just been white hot since mid-June. They've had six winnings streaks of at least five games in that timespan.

Yankee fans..

who do you want to win the play-in game: O's or Rangers?

I say Rangers.

Do you just like being hated?

I meant O's, but I have no idea what you are talking about. How can someone who rarely ever posts here be hated?

While your Yankees may have a storied tradition of playing in October, they aren't entitled to shiit! Stop acting as if they are.

6uXNWAo.png

Kinda glad to see the NL playoff picture set in stone, because the AL is a mess, at best.

And that's a bad thing how?

Ehhh... Not really. I mean, it makes the last day that much more exciting. You have Oakland looking like it'll literally rip the AL West crown from Texas' hands... a division lead Texas has held for nearly the entire season.

You have New York and Baltimore fighting to see what happens in the AL East. Everyone knew the Yanks would be there... But the O's? No one saw that coming, and I bet even the most diehard Oriole fan is happy to see them in the playoffs, let alone have a shot to set up a winner-take-all playoff for the division title.

And to top it off, there could be a Triple Crown winner by the end of the night.

Yankees have to win tonight first. Can't rely on the Rays to beat the Orioles - Yankees have to do it themselves. God forbid the Yankees lose and have to go to Baltimore tomorrow night.

Obviously.

But that's not what I asked. Lets say they do win tonight, who do you want to win the play-in game between O's and Rangers.

Yankees have to win tonight first. Can't rely on the Rays to beat the Orioles - Yankees have to do it themselves. God forbid the Yankees lose and have to go to Baltimore tomorrow night.

Obviously.

But that's not what I asked. Lets say they do win tonight, who do you want to win the play-in game in that outcome.

Well, that's totally different from what you said. The way you phrased it made it seem like the Yankees already had the division won, which it is far from.

As such, I really don't wish to answer the question. It's bad ju-ju. Who knows what will happen on the Bronx diamond tonight. Dice-K may have one last trick up his sleeve wearing a Red Sox uniform. Or Kuroda, who has struggled this month, may have one more rough outing in him. Hopefully that isn't the case, but who the hell knows.

spacer.png

you're right,

Well, that's totally different from what you said. The way you phrased it made it seem like the Yankees already had the division won, which it is far from.

As such, I really don't wish to answer the question. It's bad ju-ju. Who knows what will happen on the Bronx diamond tonight. Dice-K may have one last trick up his sleeve wearing a Red Sox uniform. Or Kuroda, who has struggled this month, may have one more rough outing in him. Hopefully that isn't the case, but who the hell knows.

you're right, should have worded it better. hopefully you can answer my question later on tonight. enjoy the game.

While your Yankees may have a storied tradition of playing in October, they aren't entitled to shiit. Stop acting as if they are.

you must be confusing me for someone else.

No. As Kramerica stated, you phrased it as if they Yankees had already locked up the division. You knew exactly what you were saying. Why even pretend you weren't trying to be an entitled douchbag Yankees fan? At this point, you might as well just own it.

6uXNWAo.png

While your Yankees may have a storied tradition of playing in October, they aren't entitled to shiit. Stop acting as if they are.

you must be confusing me for someone else.

No. As Kramerica stated, you phrased it as if they Yankees had already locked up the division. You knew exactly what you were saying. Why even pretend you weren't trying to be a an entitled douchbag Yankees fan? At this point, you might as well just own it.

you are completely wrong and way too sensitive. are you on the rag or something?

I see all these baseball anaylists already burying the Rangers because they were surpassed by Oakland for the Western Division crown. If you've ever seen postseason baseball before, you know the Rangers are far from dead.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived