Gary Carter in critical condition

WJMorris3

Mixed feelings on Carter.

When Bill Buckner retired, and a bunch of major leaguers were

asked to give one word to define Bill's career.

Most said "gritty, tough" etc.

Carter looked at the camera with a :censored: eating grin and said "error" and laughed.

Douche.

However, I loved the way he played the game, and think he was one of the best.

sig-1.png

It came off as "dickhead".

I mean, if they showed him say something else after that, I could pass it off as "trying to be funny".

"I think if you ask any 86 Met they will remember the error because it was against them. "

Of course. And it would merit a mention for sure. I have no problems with that.

But to use it as a description of a player's career, and laugh about it, just seemed very inappropriate.

It was like a "tribute" section for the guy and his long career. It may have been on This Week In Baseball.

sig-1.png

I mean, if they showed him say something else after that, I could pass it off as "trying to be funny".

Surely you won't be holding Gary Carter personally responsible for the editing of "This Week In Baseball"?

I'm now wondering why TWIB (if it was that show) would put only that bit in, especially if he said something else too.

I mean, he didn't have to say anything endearing about the guy's career,

but to laugh at the biggest error in the guys long and decent career was pretty low.

I can't find it online.

But he did say what he said, and in the way he said it. That he is responsible for. It certainly wasn't edited "out of context".

sig-1.png

Dude, it's Bill Buckner.

Exactly. Most people are totally unaware of whether or not he was a good player. His career is essentially defined by that single blunder.

"Error" is also the first thing I think of when Buckner comes to mind. The second is RBI Baseball.

Archived