Gary Carter in critical condition

WJMorris3

He's as old as my Dad...such a young age relatively. My condolences to his family.

My dad was 49 when he died from cancer. Cancer is goddamn bitch.

My best friend's mom (who was also my mom's best friend) died almost eight years ago at 45-also of brain cancer. In addition, 21 years ago tomorrow's when my grandpa died of cancer (pancreatic) at 64...both gone far too soon.

Yup...cancer's a :censored: . Hopefully the day comes during my life when the cure is found for all forms.

bYhYmxh.png

I knew this was going to happen,but it does not change a thing. I am devastated. I wish he could have lived and comeback to Flushing one more time to have #8 retired. To honor the 86 team, and to honor the Mets history. I wish he could have lived to get a chance to manage in the majors, oh if he kept his mouth shut maybe the Mets would have given him a chance. It truly is sad. As an 8 year old you drift in and out on sports and 1984 was the first year I sorta followed the Mets, as Christmas approached the Mets got him from Montreal and the rest is history. Opening Day Walk Off Homer in 1985 a few days later I went to my first game at Shea. Mets vs Reds, Pete Rose was jeered, Bruce Beryni and the Mets got a shutout and the one run scored a Carter Home Run. His poster was on my wall of course and I even went Trick of Treating as Gary Carter that year. Had the Mets not had a bad six week stretch when Carter, Straw and few others were hurt they would have won the World Series. I think the 1985 may have been better than 1986 and I still think Gary Carter should have been NL MVP that year.

Truly sad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Great player. Good guy. I really enjoyed watching him play. I wish every MLB player had the love for the game that Gary Carter did.

I love this picture of him celebrating the 1986 World Series:

carter+%252818%2529.jpg

Look at the joy on his face.

spacer.png

Archived