Regional Logo Color Project

AHcreative

Hi all, as some of you may or may not know, my thumb drive broke and I lost a lot of my work including all of my work on my NHL series. It kind of discouraged me, especially after seeing other NHL projects (and I know some of you will agree with me) that were in my opinion sub-par that got ten times as many replies and the original poster wasn't even listening to the C&C that was given my some of our veteran members.

All that being said, I just wanted to start a simple project that I've been tinkering with for awhile now. I know that a lot of you don't like recolors and for the most part, I don't blame you. However, I think with a solid, original plan and structure, they can be done well.

I'll be taking teams from the big four sports leagues: NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA. I was thinking about doing just cities, and for some bigger cities I will, but I'll also be doing regions, sometimes just states (like California which is so big).

I thought for starters I'd kick off with a whole country: Canada

Oh, also, I'll be doing these by decade as well. I think it's often fun to see what the history of teams' logos have become. Well, here's modern Canada. Hope you find some enjoyment in this project of mine :)

RCPCanada.png

EDIT: All throwback editions will be on a "turn of the decade" basis, meaning whichever logo the team had in to start each decade, that will be the logo I use. If there are teams that have had a short-lived logo (i.e. Blue Jays who have had a couple short lived logos) I will show both that logo, and the logo following.

EDIT 2: Just realized that at the start of the 2010s the Blue Jays had that awful logo... Ugh. :P I'll update the top one after I do the 2000s Canada.

Great stuff! I really like a few of the Raptors ones (Canucks, Canadiens, and Oilers-colored ones most notably), and really like the Senators-colored Canucks one. It almost looks like a nice homage to the old throwback colors for Vancouver (same could be said for the Flames-colored one).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Canucks' logo in the Leafs' colors looks awesome. I think it's my favorite of the bunch.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 4 months later...

I'm taking a break from my NHL series due to... let's call it "artist's block" :P So for now I just decided to mess around with this again. So I decided to do my homestate of Missouri. However, this is the 70s edition, a time where Missouri actually had a basketball team. And not only did we have one, but we had TWO! Too bad I wasn't born yet. Oh well, I digress. Here it is, enjoy.

RCPMissouri70s.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here's modern day Pennsylvania

(I know some Flyers and Pens fans are gonna hate this :P)

RCPPennsylvania.png

Also here are some basic rules that I'm going to try and follow from now on:

• Primary color replaces primary color
  • If black is of primary color in both logos, black replaces black insted (as you can see in this latest addition)
  • Any shade of silver or gray/black that is not of primary color will be left alone (example: the 76ers border around the logo)
  • Only primary colors will be used, colors used on marks only will be excluded from use on any other logo (example: the Pirates' red is only featured on their logo)

Any other things I can think of I'll write down.

The Penguins' logo looks so much better with bright gold than with Vegas gold. It also looks really good with the green.

You should consider adding the regions' MLS teams to these as well. I don't know if it'd work for Canada since you'd have to add three more teams, but at least with Pennsylvania you'd only have to add one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Penguins' logo looks so much better with bright gold than with Vegas gold. It also looks really good with the green.

You should consider adding the regions' MLS teams to these as well. I don't know if it'd work for Canada since you'd have to add three more teams, but at least with Pennsylvania you'd only have to add one.

I went back and forth trying to figure out if the MLS should be included, I guess it wouldn't hurt. The next time I update this I'll include the MLS.

I think for PA there should be two separate color combinations.. since there are mostly at least two sports teams in PA. Pittsburgh should stay Black & Yellow (Steelers column) and Philadelphia should be Red, White, and Blue (Sixers colors)

Tho I think the Flyers P should be Red instead of Blue.

I really like the '76er logo in Eagles' viridian. I do rather agree with Rayman that I think splitting Pittsburgh and Philadelphia seems appropriate, but only because Pittsburgh does what you're suggesting already, as every sports team in the area plays in black and gold (I do dislike the Vegas gold on the Penguins). On the same note, that viridian from the Eagles works surprisingly well for the Phillies, the Flyers, and the '76ers.

I am curious why you didn't include the Rams logo in Missouri. I know it's set up to include teams from the 1970s so it still has the Cardinals and the Rams haven't left Los Angeles yet, but I'd like to see the Rams logo in red and black or red and gold.

On the Canada one, I like Maple Leafs #4, and #7-9.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived