New Steelers Logo?

GriffinM6

Wow - it makes the letters look so small. That's really unnecessary and just bad. The logo is based off of the goddam steel mark - why not keep it true to it's origins?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is from Todd Haley's press conference on February 9th. Logo on the backdrop is different than the logo at the podium.

Steelers_Haley_Football_PAGRE201.large.jpg

This is a picture of Cam Heyward just a week after the 2011 draft. It's blurry, but you can tell the backdrop still has that funny wordmark. If it was used in April 2011, I doubt it's a new logo for this year.

freed_steelers042911_2_330.jpeg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wow, had to go to the mothership site to see what you guys were talking about, but if it holds any merit, great catch because this is the logo i've seen on alot of Steelers stuff. (The logo on the podium with Haley)

Edit: Finally caught what you guys were talking about. It's the logo on the backdrop. The Logo on the podium is the one i've seen, which remains unchanged. But, I agree, not sure why it's in Capitals in the backdrop...

If it means anything to anyone, I remember seeing that particular variant as far back as 2007 when I was still living there. It came in a package of materials we (the pre-press staff of the print shop I worked at then) received from the Steelers to be used in developing promotional materials for their 75th anniversary.

Didn't make sense to me then, either.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If it means anything to anyone, I remember seeing that particular variant as far back as 2007 when I was still living there. It came in a package of materials we (the pre-press staff of the print shop I worked at then) received from the Steelers to be used in developing promotional materials for their 75th anniversary.

Didn't make sense to me then, either.

My picture of Coach Tomlin above is from 2007, so that makes sense.

Archived