St. Louis Cardinals World Series Champions uniforms

illini1

I agree with RedSox44 here, wearing the gold infused jerseys and caps with the World Series Champions patch is okay to do on Opening Day, but doing it for the entire season is unnecessary and crass. Even more so when it's a team like the St. Louis Cardinals.

They aren't wearing the gold all season, just the patch. Which is what I assume you meant. If you meant only the patch, then why especially should they not wear it?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with RedSox44 here, wearing the gold infused jerseys and caps with the World Series Champions patch is okay to do on Opening Day, but doing it for the entire season is unnecessary and crass. Even more so when it's a team like the St. Louis Cardinals.

They aren't wearing the gold all season, just the patch. Which is what I assume you meant. If you meant only the patch, then why especially should they not wear it?

Yeah, I meant the patch. My post was worded a bit poorly. And the Cards shouldn't wear the patch all season because it's not like it's their first World Series title.

Yeah, I meant the patch. My post was worded a bit poorly. And the Cards shouldn't wear the patch all season because it's not like it's their first World Series title.

Then I repeat, why should that matter? Would it be ok if the Rangers had won and worn it all year?

Then I repeat, why should that matter? Would it be ok if the Rangers had won and worn it all year?

For the Rangers, I would be ok with it because it's their first World Series title.

I would have to disagree. Just because it's one of out eleven doesn't make it not special. If a team wins the World Series, I have no problem with them wearing a patch for it during the next season.

I don't know why, but I think it would look a bit weird to wear in the playoffs, but I can't really explain why.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

For the Rangers, I would be ok with it because it's their first World Series title.

I even disagree with that, though I can understand the Rangers' (potential) motivation for it more than I can understand the Cards'.

spacer.png

So? Because it's not their first they can't wear it? Was it ok in 2007 when they won the 06 after 24 years? Or was that still not enough time between? See? That's my point. It can't be fine for one and not the other.

Here's what I'm OK with. The team who wins the WS gets to celebrate that championship the next year during their home opener. They get to wear their gold trim, their patch, and whatever meaningless garbage they decide to cram on there for marketing purposes. After that it becomes excessive, arrogant, and just flat out annoying.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Can someone post large size graphics of the Cardinals' birds on the bat logo and the StL cap logo with the gold coloring (for use as computer wallpaper)? Thanks in advance!

Anyone up for this one?

I do have those logos in vector format, though in the regular colors. When I get home from work I'll recolor them and post them if I can.

So? Because it's not their first they can't wear it? Was it ok in 2007 when they won the 06 after 24 years? Or was that still not enough time between? See? That's my point. It can't be fine for one and not the other.

Talking about unnecessary patches: What about the Red Sox wearing 100 years of Fenway Park patches on their road uniforms? Is that lasting all season? When they're on the road, why are they wearing patches about their home park?

I don't understand why people are so annoyed by the patch. They won the whole thing and deserve to celebrate it. Hell, if I owned the Rangers and we won the World Series, that baby would have "World Champions" replacing "Texas" on the home jerseys.

Then after our streak is over, it's back to "Rangers" :D

I don't understand why people are so annoyed by the patch. They won the whole thing and deserve to celebrate it. Hell, if I owned the Rangers and we won the World Series, that baby would have "World Champions" replacing "Texas" on the home jerseys.

Now that's a throwback move ^_^

nl_1906_newyork.gif

nl_1906_newyork.gif

I still can't understand why the Cardinals didn't just wear these throwbacks for the opening series in 2007 and this year.

64feaf51.jpg

Talking about unnecessary patches: What about the Red Sox wearing 100 years of Fenway Park patches on their road uniforms? Is that lasting all season? When they're on the road, why are they wearing patches about their home park?

The Dodgers are too, this year. It's dumb.

spacer.png

nl_1906_newyork.gif

I still can't understand why the Cardinals didn't just wear these throwbacks for the opening series in 2007 and this year.

64feaf51.jpg

And updated version of those would have been fantastic.

Can someone post large size graphics of the Cardinals' birds on the bat logo and the StL cap logo with the gold coloring (for use as computer wallpaper)? Thanks in advance!

Anyone up for this one?

I do have those logos in vector format, though in the regular colors. When I get home from work I'll recolor them and post them if I can.

Thanks very much; any success?

Anyone up for this one?

Got busy with work... and tired. I'm gonna work on it this morning. Do you just want png's or the actual vector files?

Anybody got an idea the exact shade of gold used? If not I'm just gonna find the closest one to a picture I can. I know it's a pretty light one, close to Vegas I guess.

Here's a GIF of what I have. I took a jersey off MLBShop.com and sampled the gold, so it's as close as I can probably get without knowing the actual pms number.

STLCardinalsChampionsGold.gif

I created a few logos in the gold just for the heck of it. PM me if you want the vector files. I'll probably need to e-mail them.

Archived